Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

SRQShaver, GAW9576 and Ron R like this.
  2. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 13th October
    Jayaruh 289 - Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood - Valet VC1 - Modified GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Blue Stratos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Oct 13t 2021

Razor: Razorock SLOC, Mfg 2017>, excellent upper mild range, very well designed, a joy to use and with slight blade tab overhang.
    Blade: Gillette Silver blue (AKA GSB) (2) excellent blade, Sharp & smoooth, top tier performer.
    Soap: Tabac, old formula, mild flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Viper 24mm boar, excellent lather generator, soft spit end hair tips, great scrubber + great lather painter, very nice.
    Pre shave: Brush (24mm Cashmere)wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm with HA.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no iritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my RR SLOC + a GSB.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Dave in KY, Jayaruh, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  4. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Today I used the Dehaven razor for the second time since acquiring it. I chose an injector blade instead of a half DE blade. The razor was still very efficient. However with the Injector blade loaded the shave felt smoother and more forgiving. Either way the Dehaven is a great open comb razor and an interesting part razor history, I'm glad I acquired it.

IMG_13102021_161926_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

52824692-C427-4E74-A119-7EC7998CCA17.jpeg I have been away for a week and not shaved every day for various reasons, mainly due to the shaving environment.
    I used an Occams Oren with a Feather Proguard for the trip and used a Speick Cream.
    3Shaves at Friends House. Basin at nice height , Two lights over large mirror so no Shadow. Superb Shave
    2 Shaves at Hotel, Good Mirror but poor light, so average Shave
    0 Shave at another Hotel, no mirror over WHB !! and supposed to be a Wedding Venue.

Good to be Home, and for a change used a Cart to clear 2 days growth,first one in 4 years. Did not rush so went well, used a Feather Neo 11.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    jimjo1031, Aztecmike, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  6. Electrif

Friday 15th October
    Yaqi Moka Express - OSP Sandalwood - Valet Autostrop VC1 - Modified GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  7. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

No, I do not believe it is 3D printed. Manufactured by Paradigm.
    Bill

GAW9576 likes this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, OCtober 15th 2021

Razor: Yaqi V2 50mm AC Excalibur-Mfg 2021> great design and works well, tame mid range, carefree shave mostly.
    Blade: Schick Proline P30 (1) sharp and smooth, longevity? First use of this blade.
    Soap: Tabac, mild flowery type of scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar, excellent lather generator, soft split end hairs, great scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: (Cashmere 24mm)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer cream(balm scentless).
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur + a Schick Proline P30.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 16th October

The Grosvenor 404mixed
    Lea Classic soap
    Schick I1
    Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 3 )
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

This is I believe the most compact Schick that takes a Twin Blade , and is a nice change from using longer handled versions. Another very satisfying Shave, a great finish without fuss.

F80FB076-E929-4924-9ACD-E4DCD68F9F8A.jpeg

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Saturday, OCtober 16th 2021

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur, Mfg 2021>, well designed, tame mid range, carefree shave this morning. Very small head to install blade so I like to lay a wash cloth to assemble blade. A joy to use with a new type of handle.
    Blade: Schick Proline P30(2) Sharp & smooth, longevity not sure yet. I get great shaves so far.
    Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic, first use, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips + nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave:(Cashmere 24mm) Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturiser balm(scentless)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur + a Schick proline P30 blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  11. GAW9576

I used my newly acquired Schick type O clone today with a twinjector blade. Very smooth shave. It is on the milder side but very enjoyable to use. Although the handle is a bit on the long side the grip is fantastic. And A&E The Novelist is a fantastic smelling soap, which lathers very well with the 28mm SHD Maggards badger brush. I also used the Rifle razor for the first pass on the right side of my neck. However the type O clone got most of the shave since it's been a while since I used a straight razor.

IMG_16102021_220151_(1200_x_1198_pixel).jpg IMG_16102021_222312_(1148_x_1150_pixel).jpg

12. Electrif

Sunday 17th October
    Yaqi Red Marble Tux - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 - Canadian Schick E3 - NOS Canadian Schick Super Stainless #5 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Wickham Classic 24 ASB
    [​IMG]

Aztecmike, Jayaruh, brit and 6 others like this.
  13. GAW9576

Both the razor handle a d brush handle are beautiful.

Electrif likes this.
  14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Amalfi Basil Lemon
    The Brush B-3 by Tom
    C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher
    Heljestrand Wedge
    CWR
    Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC

The Amalfi Basil Lemon Shaving Soap lathered well with The Brush B-3 by Tom Badger. Two passes and touch ups with the C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher Razor with a Heljestrand Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, brit and 8 others like this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 17th October

Muhle Silvertip A 21mm
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Schick N3
    Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 5 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

An excellent Sunday morning Shave with the N3, which provides a super comfortable Shave with a Top Notch finish.
    Quite surprising just how quick the Shave was, the Razor/Blade combo is very efficient.

2B817E50-C9F9-48DD-B287-3B5311699C82.jpeg

16. Electrif

Thank you. The shave was sooo smooth with the NOS blade.

GAW9576 likes this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, OCtober 17th 2021

Razor: Schick J1 type injector, Mfg 1957-64, nice mild injector, longer easy to grip handle, good results.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE (5) very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice mild scent, excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Dandelion 24mm Cashmere, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Preshave: (Cashmere 24mm)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion Balm + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DSF,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my Schick J1 with a Personna coated blade.
    SOTD, Oct 17, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 18th October

Stirling Syn 26mm
    L’ Occitane Cade soap
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Pro ( 8 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Though the Shave was comfortable, it was obvious from the finish that perhaps the blade should have been retired
    after its last outing. Next up will be the Proguard until I get a new Top Cap.

AC05E0BB-8517-4F96-BD3A-1DB8BB5F852A.jpeg

GAW9576, jimjo1031, Aztecmike and 7 others like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Virgilio Valobra Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #30 Silvertip
    Gem MMOC
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Virgilio Valobra Shaving Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #30 Silvertip Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem MMOC Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, jimjo1031, Aztecmike and 7 others like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, OCtober 18th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic OC, Mfg 1930-41, excellent mid range, some blade feel, works as good as the day it was made.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood, nice scent with good lather qualities, I load in my bowl and bring dryer lather to face and then add water as needed, it lathers in the bowl differently than most soaps I find.
    Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Witch hazel beard wipe down +Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm(scentless)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my MMOC + a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Have some great shaves!

GAW9576, jimjo1031, Electrif and 7 others like this.