The Clubman Exchange

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Paul Turner, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm supposed to receive the Clubman brush I ordered either today (Oct. 6)or tomorrow(Oct 7).

Ijustmissedthe50s and Enrico like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Pics please.

:)

3. Paul Turner

Would if I could........I'm a VERY slow learner on this kind of thing. You'll just have to go by my description 0f it.

Enrico likes this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Is it any of these? ..... Clubman

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Yes, it's the first brush you see on the top left. It needs a name. At least we know it's a synthetic.

Enrico likes this.
  6. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

As one who has lived past the half century mark, I felt it was important to experience classic Clubman. I am partial to the classics my dad and granddads used, Old Spice and Aqua Velva, and I am convinced Proraso green is made with Italian magic and divine intervention. Anyway, I redeemed some bonus bucks from the pharmacy a few weeks ago. Clubman is definitely in the classic camp, and I like it well enough that I decided it deserves a place in the rotation.

What surprised me is that one Saturday morning, as I was sitting in the living room after an Arko shave and Clubman finish, my wife and my teenage daughter each stopped while passing through and commented on how nice what I was wearing smelled. Tell you what, boys. Clubman may not be my favorite, but that bottle will likely be replaced sooner than the others.

Happy Friday y'all.

7. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, don't visit a nursing home after finishing a triple pass shave with Clubman classic.
    You will have to fight your way back out!

8. Tedolph

I have that brush from the Clubman Dopp kit bag. It's a better than OK synthetic brush and works well with the softer Clubman shave soap or a creme from a tube. Like most synthetics it dries quickly and thus is great for travel. Just don't expect it to give you the same experience as a broken in boar brush and you won't be disappointed. I wouldn't try to use it with a hard soap. It would take forever to load.

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Clubman is one I enjoy in the cooler months along with Special Reserve. Summer months I'm always reaching for the Pinaud Citrus Musk and if you blend it with osage rub and or Florida Water all the better. I have a bottle of Pinaud Citrus Musk I've mixed 50/50 with Avon Wild Country that give a nice clean scent.

:eatdrink013:

10. Paul Turner

Tomorrow will be my second go with the Clubman Shave Brush.. Did me good the first time.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Tedolph like this.
  11. Tedolph

Going to a faculty/alumni dinner this evening.

Will be taking a very nice double pass SR shave with Cella soap followed by a generous splash of Whiskey Woods.

Ahhhh....Fall is in the air!

12. Tedolph

Clubman Whiskey Woods News Flash:

Attended a very swanky Faculty/Alumni dinner at a prestigious university last night. Took a nice double pass straight razor Cella shave before I left the house followed by a generous splash of the salubrious Whiskey Woods aftershave/cologne. During the happy hour, one of the young female waitresses was passing around hor d'oeuvres. When she made her second orbit and came around to me again she asked me what I was wearing. I responded "The Clubman Whiskey Woods". She said "you smell fantastic, where can I get it?". I presumed she meant for the man in her life.

Honestly, I wonder if there is any other brand of A/S that gets as many unsolicited compliments as Clubman products?

Oh, I forgot to get her number.

13. Paul Turner

Based on your "presumption", it's probably just as well you didn't get her number. I myself got a "no-word" compliment from a lady at the supermarket. It would have been nice had she actually SAID something to me, but clearly she was pleased with my Clubman Original A.S.

Ijustmissedthe50s, Enrico and Tedolph like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Let me correct that-top left, middle one.

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

How's it treating you?

16. Paul Turner

Very well, thanks....looking forward to using it tomorrow. I liken it to the Stoylin "li'l brudder".....small but strong.

Enrico likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

Has anyone purchased the new brushless shave cream? It's in a jar, you just "dig in and spread". Might give it a try.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

And here's an update-I ordered it yesterday. Probably won't use it til it gets cooler here(fall), so I can match it with the Clubman A.S.

19. Paul Turner

And now it's here!!!! Very pleasant smell at first sniff.

20. Paul Turner

Now I just ordered the Clubman "Face&Body" wash-like a bodywash I'd use in the shower. Got ot for a 15% "VIP" discount. When it arrives, I'll have just about all the Clubmen I need for now.