A Story and a PIF

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Jim99, Oct 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Hello everyone! I’ve been gone from here for quite a few months due to an illness. Fortunately I’m lucky to be here today thanks to my doctors, nurses and God. I’ll be continuing treatment for the foreseeable future, but I remain optimistic of the outcome and so is my doctor.

However, while lying awake at 2:00am on a hospital bed back in July and not knowing how things might turn out, I was thinking of a statement @gorgo2 made in a post years back…. “You never know how tightly the watch spring is wound”. Since that time, I’ve decided that living a simpler and less cluttered life is the way to go. What does that mean for my shave den? I’ve decided to downsize my razor collection, with some razors PIF’d and some sold.

This PIF is for a Gem micromatic “clog pruf” that’s in great shape and give fantastic shaves. This razor was given to me by a generous gentleman here on The Shave Den some time back. I will pick a random TSD member using a Microsoft randomizer on November 3rd at 6:00pm EST. The PIF is open to all individuals that have been members for at least 3 months and have 50 or more posts.

Good luck to all!

0750851B-B0E9-4C11-B310-496F2A692228.jpeg AC98069B-FBBC-46E3-AAC9-363C4AB1E342.jpeg 24A30BAA-2158-49B8-AE03-9F458D91B2FD.jpeg

SRQShaver, Zykris, Enrico and 15 others like this.
  2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Jim

Sorry about the setback. But VERY happy to hear you are on the mend. Great razor PIF. I will pass.

I have come to the same conclusion. Life is funny that way. I to decided to thin my collection. Your PIF has given me inspiration to do that also.

GOD bless you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trigger and Jim99 like this.
  3. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Respectfully not in, but best of luck with your health and healing.

Kevinwine85, Trigger and Jim99 like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

glad you are still with us..great pif.:):eatdrink047:

5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I am glad you are on your way to a full recovery. It is a very generous pif, but I am primarily a straight/shavette shaver. I also have enough safety razors. Lol! Stay well!

Kevinwine85, Jim99 and brit like this.
  6. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Glad to hear you are on an upward path. You are in my prayers. Respectfully not in as I own a Clog Pruf. It is one of my favorite razors, and everyone should have a chance to try one.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

7. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

I am too new here to participate, but I just wanted to say hi and pleased to meet you. Thank you for sharing your good news. I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

8. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Beautiful razor. I hope you find peace and health. I am not in, but I look forward to seeing the winner.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

9. Avalon

Avalon Active Member

Unfortunately I only found this wonderful place a month ago so I'm to 'young' to play, but I wanted to say that I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend, and I hope the best for your continued recovery! This is a beautiful PIF!

Kevinwine85 and Jim99 like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. Hope you snap back better than ever. That's a great razor. I hope some more people sign up for your pif. I too am thinning the den. Just piffed a razor today, and I have plenty of Micromatics already.

11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    That you are recovering, Jim, is all that matters. Generous PIF, respectfully, not in.

12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

You guys are wonderful! Thanks for all of the best wishes for my health.

Kevinwine85, Primotenore and gorgo2 like this.
  13. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Glad you are recovering and trending in the right direction @Jim99. Great way to celebrate! I am not in though, but thanks on the behalf of the community and the eventual winner :)

14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I said that? Dang, Imma have to write that one down.

Welcome back, Jim!

15. Kevinwine85

Kevinwine85 Well-Known Member

Glad your health is doing better Jim, I'll jump in for the single edge, please and thank you!!

Jim99 and Enrico like this.
  16. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

im in, please. Id love to try a clog proof. Youre a fine inspiration in that you didnt let your situation change a n obviously generous and thoughtful spirit. continued confidence in your recovery!

Kevinwine85, Jim99 and Enrico like this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Great PIF Jim, though I recently picked up a couple Gem Micromatic razors and enjoy them very much.

So I'm not in.

Thank you.

:)

Jim99 likes this.
  18. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Kevinwine85 and IAmTheJody like this.
  19. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

We’ve got two days left to go. Anyone else in?
    :signs002:

Kevinwine85 likes this.
  20. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

We have a winner!

@Ijustmissedthe50s

Congratulations! You’re going to love this razor! PM me your mailing address and I’ll get the Gem out to you ASAP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.