TARMAX Injector Pass around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by twhite, Aug 13, 2021.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Yes, doctor put me on a muscle relaxer along with other instructions such as alternating heating pad and ice packs. Soaks in the tub with epsom salt. Yesterday was a bear but today I feel a little better and looser.

Dave in KY and hins2jw0 like this.
  2. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Good to hear.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  3. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

Try Lidoderm patches too and make sure that you’re taking NSAIDS around the clock (if no contraindication obviously and not on chronic anticoagulation ). Ice and heat can do wonders… too few people use these simple methods of treatment.

Just a silly ER doc trying to help .

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IAmTheJody likes this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Hope your on the Mend Jody, I get sore backs seldom but the last one took some time to rebound. A good Posture in a chair helped the most for my self to rebound.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

IAmTheJody likes this.
  6. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Sorry to hear of your woes Jody but glad you're on the mend :happy088:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  7. IAmTheJody

Who is next to receive the SE? @jimjo1031 ? I'm ready to mail it out tomorrow.
    :transport015::transport022:

jimjo1031 and twhite like this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    IAmTheJody and jimjo1031 like this.
  9. IAmTheJody

Yes sir, the SE is in transit to Jim.

10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Where is the injector?

11. hins2jw0

Sorry I have it. It’s packaged / addressed and in my jeep. I’ve been working 12 hours a day and haven’t made it to the PO. It’ll be mailed tomorrow or Thursday. I promise.

Josh

IAmTheJody, twhite and SlimGem like this.
  12. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

I believe it's coming to me.

twhite likes this.
  13. SlimGem

Hi Tom, Josh will skip shipping the injector to me since I will be traveling for work for the next two weeks. Maybe I can be the last victim?

14. hins2jw0

Should the Injector go to @Jayaruh for now?

Josh

15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

send to @SlimGem please.

16. hins2jw0

Okay, will do . In the mail today.

Josh

twhite likes this.
  17. SlimGem

SOTD 11.6.21
    Soap: Catie's Bubbles - La Terre Verte
    Razor: Tarmax Injector
    Post-shave: Fine - Santal Absolute

The TARMAX Injector Adjustable by @twhite
    After a unique experience with the TARMAX SE, I have been eagerly awaiting my turn with the Injector version of the TARMAX. The razor arrived yesterday, and I just had to put it to the test.

The TARMAX Injector is a variation of the SE version and therefore carries a very similar design. I'll skip the details on the specs and design geometry since all that I described in the SE applies to the injector version. There are some differences worth mentioning here. The machining on the blade clamp is simply excellent. The two index tabs for the blade are machined to extremely high precision, and I think I know why. There aren't any blade stops on the cap or base for the back/spine of the blade to make contact with, so, the tab precision is needed to maintain consistent blade exposure. Instead of adding a blade stop on the cap, Tom removed extra material under the cap the thickness of the blade leaving only a small heel at the back where the cap makes contact with the base. This clever method creates a pivot point which results in a very positive clamping of the blade. Once clamped, the cap and base appear to be a solid single piece of aluminum. The corners have a smooth finish and don't feel sharp at all. Overall, a very nice fit, and finish but with all the characteristics of Tom White's machining skills.

The shave took longer than usual, and that's simply because I was enjoying and experimenting with the razor. I tried different settings and slightly different angles and came to the conclusion that because of the cap design and position of the safety bar, the TARMAX Injector is a very forgiving razor with great performance in almost every setting. And you definitely get the feedback that tells you if the angle needs some correction. A BBS and pleasant shave for sure.

I'm looking forward to one more shave with this razor tomorrow, and then it will be on its way to @DaltonGang since I will be hitting the road for some time and don't want to over-extend my turn. I'm really glad I had the opportunity to try one more of Tom White's many razor creations. Mr. White, take a bow, Sr.
    IMG_3882 (2)gm.JPG

18. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Sorry fellows. I will have to bow out of this pass around. I will be out of town, on and off, for a while.

19. SlimGem

SOTD 11.8.21
    Soap: Fine - Santal Absolut
    Razor: TARMAX Injector
    Post-shave: Fine - Santal Absolut

The TARMAX Injector Adjustable by @twhite
    I had an enjoyable two-pass shave in the mid-setting with minor touch-ups on the mild setting (2). And again, the TARMAX performed as expected. Very maneuverable and easy to hold. No problem getting under the nose. This is a fun little razor and the range of settings sure adds to the experience. Compared to the SE version, I would have to say that this one provides a more pleasant experience. But that might have more to do with the injector blade. The razor is on its way to I believe the last victim. Thanks again Tom @twhite for setting up this pass-around and for your contributions to the hobby.
    IMG_3881 (2)gm.JPG

twhite and hins2jw0 like this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully it will give you some inspiration to create one of your fantastic razors. This time using injector blades.
    Tom

SlimGem likes this.