Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Kiss My Face Shave Cream
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    Darwin-Stoll Jr. 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

Day 8 of 3D Printed Razor Month.

The Kiss My Face Shave Cream lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Darwin-Stoll Jr. 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, MPF9, Aztecmike and 7 others like this.
  2. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Love the Darwin handle on that Jim.

3. Electrif

Monday 8th November
    [​IMG]
    Yaqi Moka Express - Haslinger Honig - GEM Micromatic Open Comb - GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday shave, Nov 8th 2021

Razor: Star bar #4 lather catcher- Mfg 1919-20, might of been the last models of the Star lather catchers MFG, tame mid range, beautiful design and works like a charm. I always get excellent shaves with razor and is one of my favorites. Excellence IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice mild vanilla & tobacco scent with excellent lather qualities.(Misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm High mountain Silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe and bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    TNNSER 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

Day 9 of 3D Printed Razor Month.

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Tarmax SE Adjustable Razir
    Gem Stainless Blade
    Wontshed #3 Boar (restored) Brush
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Tabac After Shave
    Tabac Eau De Cologne

Untitled.jpg

SRQShaver, GAW9576, MPF9 and 7 others like this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Nov 9th 2021

Razor:
    Gem G bar, Mfg 1955-58 tame mid range, well built, different handle feel, does me well.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice mild vanilla & tobacco scent with excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Timber wolf whiskers, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing cream(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper= [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem G bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    jimjo1031, SRQShaver, GAW9576 and 7 others like this.
  8. Electrif

Wednesday 10th November
    [​IMG]
    Yaqi Heavy Metal - Palmolive - GEM Micromatic Open Comb - GEM Stainless Coated #4 - Cien Aqua A/S - Aloe Vera Gel

Ron R, jimjo1031, SRQShaver and 5 others like this.
  9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Williams Wednesday 10th November

RR 400. SE- Plissoft noir
    Williams Mug soap
    Occams Enoch
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 2 )
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Super lather today made the Shave smooth and comfortable. On the whole a more efficient Shave than the one when the blade was new.

368C1FB2-BDA8-4A2C-86AF-542C32989409.jpeg

Aztecmike, Ron R, SlimGem and 6 others like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave

[​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    ENDGEM SPEED 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

Day 10 of 3D Printed Razor Month.

The Williams Mug Soap lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the ENDGEM SPEED 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Ron R, GAW9576, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Veterans Day Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Col. Conk Amber Shave Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    GEM-LP
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

Day 11 of 3D Printed Razor Month.

The Col. Conk Amber Shave Soap lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the GEM-LP Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, Aztecmike, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 11th November

Stirling Syn 26mm
    Arko stick grated
    Occams Oren 3dot
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 2 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

One must not rush a Shave and check areas are satisfactory before moving on. Today I rushed things a bit, and as a consequence my upper face was nicely shaven, but areas around the neck were below par.

AFD0D118-9BF2-431C-BAA3-98A0FD42F232.jpeg

brit, Aztecmike, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  13. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

I'm on a bit of a GEM razor kick lately. It helps that I just bought five or six GEM razors in rapid succession but I digress. This is my first use of a GEM Jr. I paired it with a third-use PTFE blade. The Hendrix Classics & Co Badass soap has a nice fragrance and the lather is effortless. I did incur one small nick in my trouble spot under the jawline but I was being a bit too aggressive so you reap what you sow. The end result was a heck of a shave. My daughter, unprompted, called it a baby smooth shave.

Even though I had such a great shave, I can't say I particularly enjoyed using this razor. The angle of the head and shorter handle made it seem a bit awkward, especially compared to the G-Bar, MMOC, and Pushbutton. I'm not sure I'll use this very often but I am going to try using this handle on the Ever-Ready Shovelhead since the one that's on it is so tiny that it's hard for me to use.

2021-11-9_GEM_Jr.resized.jpg

brit, Aztecmike, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Col. Conk Amber Shave Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    Stoll Jr. Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

Day 12 of 3D Printed Razor Month.

The Col. Conk Amber Shave Soap lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Stoll Jr. Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, SlimGem, Aztecmike and 6 others like this.
  15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Tarmax SE Adjustable Razor
    Gem Stainless Blade
    JR #236/30mm Tuxedo Brush
    Cremo Refreshing Mint Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Power Stick After Shave Balm

Untitled.jpg

brit, SlimGem, Aztecmike and 5 others like this.
  16. Electrif

Friday 12th November
    Cadman Custom - Monsavon - Triceratops 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #5 - Superdrug Forest Fresh A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

brit, SlimGem, Aztecmike and 5 others like this.
  17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 12th November

Omega 11126 boar
    L’ Occitane Cade soap
    Yaqi Raster V2
    Feather Proguard ( 2 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

A much better Shave today as I made sure that by not rushing, all areas were cleared properly. Not sure that the V3 is any better than the V2 performance wise, and is probably a bit more difficult to load a blade in the V3.

3506B99B-B36E-45F4-8F28-19A5A87771AC.jpeg

brit, Aztecmike, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Nov 12th 2021

Razor: Yaqi 50mm AC V2 Excalibur, Mfg 2021> great razor design, tame mid range, easy to work the beard, carefree mostly. Head design is small and fitting parts can be challenging some mornings, I like to use lay a wash cloth to assemble & disassemble.
    Blade: Schick proline P30 (1), sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandal wood cream, mid range nice sandal wood scent, excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Witch hazel cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(Balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur with a Schick P30 blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

brit, Aztecmike, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  19. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had an excellent shave today. Earlier shave but took the photo when I got home from a chili cook off.
    I LOVE the scent and performance of this soap and matching aftershave splash. And I'm getting much better results with boar brushes now. I still really like badger brushes but I'm seriously thinking about picking up a copper handled Zenith boar soon.

IMG_12112021_212800_(1047_x_1050_pixel).jpg

brit, Aztecmike, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  20. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had an excellent shave today. Earlier shave but took the photo when I got home from a chili cook off.
    I LOVE the scent and performance of this soap and matching aftershave splash. And I'm getting much better results with boar brushes now. I still really like badger brushes but I'm seriously thinking about picking up a copper handled Zenith boar soon.

View attachment 261281

brit, jluc, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.