My new Frankentraveler...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Old School, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    I had a short handle tech in the tiny zipper carrier as my travel setup for 10 plus years.
    I never like to travel with things if hate to lose, so it worked.
    I'm really not a fan of the short handle, and came across this set with a badly cracked handle old type for 10 bucks.

So now my new travel setup is a Gem (I think) aluminum handle, Gillette New baseplate, and a Clix top cap. Why not?...and I must say I like the black and gold Clix in the background with the "New" cap.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Jorvaljr, gorgo2, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Old School likes this.
  3. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    I could get down with that. Saw a thread somewhere...

Enrico likes this.
  4. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Can you get on an airplane with loose blades like that?

5. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Sometimes, but no.

Tedolph likes this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

No troubled with checked in baggage. If I don't want to check in, I mail them ahead in a letter.

:eatdrink013:

7. Tedolph

I should have been clearer, I meant carry on.

Specifically, I am wondering if you have something like an injector or a single edge razor with a replaceable blade can you get that onboard in carry on?

Enrico likes this.
  8. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    If I'm checking bags I'll check the blades and still carry on my razor in my briefcase. Sometimes I get flagged if i forgot to remove the blade.
    If not checking, worst case I buy a pack at the local pharmacy, with some snacks. ;)

Enrico likes this.
  9. Tedolph

Tough to get injector or single edge blades in a local pharmacy.

Again, does anybody know if you can get an injector or single edge razor with a blade in it
    on board an airplane through carry on?

10. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    I'm sure the answer would be no as it's removeable just like a DE. Whether you'd get caught or not is a different story.
    When I've forgotten I've got a blade in my DE, and been questioned on it, I've had to remove and dispose of the blade to proceed... not so easily done with an injector.
    Stupid rules. Given the choice of a pen or a razor blade as a weapon, I'd go with a pen... they try to take my Montblanc and I'm not flying that day!

Tedolph and Enrico like this.
  11. Tedolph

Hmmm.......
    So I guess I have to go with a disposable single edge?

12. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Not a bad idea. Basically if flagged in security you'd have to get rid of the blade. If you can't get it out of the razor, you'd have to leave it behind... or mail it to yourself from the airport if you have the time.
    Alternatively you can keep an empty injector pack with you to remove it if necessary.

Tedolph likes this.
  13. Tedolph

Well, it is starting to sound like the thing to do is get a cheap double edge and just buy blades on site at a local drug store? I suppose the cheap disposable SE is the best course of action.