November 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Oct 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Super shave, setup and as always, a very detailed post Barry. Enjoy your day.

JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  2. Trigger

Thanks Joe. Thankfully, it is a rare occurrence.

JACarbone likes this.
  3. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Joe..Have a great Saturday my friend.:cool:

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  4. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe.:cool:

5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

F6C1DC0B-C5E9-43DE-975D-8E798F528755.jpeg

Cart Shave # 21
    Rating: 5 / 5
    Razor: Bic
    Brush: Ever Ready 200T
    Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Aftershave: Floid Genuine
    Additional Care:
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original

Wonderful travel shave with the MWF. Three passes with the cart razor delivered a very close shave.
    Yesterday, while going through security at LGA, the TSA had an issue with the tub of MWF and my Ever Ready 200T brush. They looked closely at the brush, while I mentioned to the female agent that I was a shaving brush. Additionally, the had to take the soap to be tested. SWMBO was suggested that they should just throw it out as she was concerned about missing the flight. Fortunately the soap passed the test. To avoid a repeat performance with the TSA in Atlanta, I decided to mail home the soap.

Hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Real nice shave this morning. 0:45 to load the Stoylin onto the Clubman brush(these were in increments of 0:35 and 0:10). Nice paint job all over(face&neck). Solid job with the razor, keeping it straight as I worked through the face&neck(no twisty angles). Two polkadots showed up at S. Porcupine Alley(chin). You could barely see them, and they were harmless. I did some "whisker-chipping" along the jawline(I've talked about that before). It's like ice-chipping on your car. Had to be real careful, as sometimes cuts can result. Not this morning. I could have done a little better down at Cactus Nation, leaving some Astroturf near the ingrown hairs. That will be dealt with tomorrow. I do NOT want more ingrown hairs than what I have now. Stoylin Spice A.S. following the shave. Wow, what a tingle! It's gone after a couple minutes, so you just have to have patience. Pierre Cardin cologne to close out. . Super Duper Excellent.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Gibbs/USTA (2). Not a fan of the head heavy handling of the brass Gibbs but results here (5 setting) were quite good.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

8. Trigger

Nice shave Joe. I don't understand why the TSA agent had a problem with the shave brush. Was she thinking you were going to set it on fire on the plan to cause a commotion. I can understand the soap because people can hide contraband in the soap. It's a crazy world we live in today. Safe travels.

JACarbone likes this.
  9. Trigger

It's another nice shave in the books for Paul!
    This is just a suggestion Paul. Why don't you stretch the skin upwards so that the skin below the jawline is on the jawline so you can easily shave that area without doing a chipping stroke. You can go across and with the grain to shave that area more effectively.

JACarbone and Paul Turner like this.
  10. Trigger

Nice shave with fine gear Jeff.
    I have a Semogue OC Super Badger with Cherry handle. I bought it new and it was discounted at 40%. I didn't appreciate it because it was a lather hog, and then I was able to work around it by heavy loading it and painting the lather on my face so I like it a lot more. Take care.

JACarbone and jmudrick like this.
  11. Paul Turner

I could try that Joe, OK. I'm always afraid that the razor could come into contact with my hand as I stretch it, but that may be the safest place to try it.

12. Paul Turner

TSA staff should learn to trust a little more.. Not the long-haired pot-smokin' hippie freax, but there are some people who look and act normal. Just my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  13. Trigger

If you lift your skin from your cheekbone, then your razor will not be anywhere near your hand.

JACarbone and Paul Turner like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Aaaah, I'll play around....see what happens. @wristwatchb is a skin-lifter, too.

JACarbone, wristwatchb and Trigger like this.
  15. Trigger

As a person over 60, you should be stretching your skin because it tends to sag. You need the skin to be flat when you shave over the area. If you don't stretch your skin, then it bumches up and then your blade catches it causing cuts. I don't understand why you aren't stretching your skin with your off hand. If you watch shaving youtubers regardless of the razor, then you will see how they stretch their skin throughout the entire shave. You will minimize your cuts when you stretch your skin Paul. Please look at some of these you tubers.

Paul Turner likes this.
  16. Avalon

Avalon Active Member

Thanks!

Trigger likes this.
  17. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Prayers for my stepfather. The Covid has caused pneumonia in both lungs and breathing hasn’t improved. Doctors aren’t able to tell my mom much and she is not able to see him. From what we know if breathing does not improve he may have to go on a ventilator. God forbid if things go any worse I may have to take emergency leave. Just kinda sucks having to see my mom deal with this alone at the moment. She called me a couple days ago saying she had to call 911 because he was struggling to breath. Hopefully the antibiotics will kill this stuff off. The steroids don’t seem to be working at the moment because of the inflammation.
    It’s crazy to think about how strong a virus can bring a man to his knees. Especially one who served in the special forces when he was in the service. Anyway we’re hoping for the best. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Trigger

Thanks for the update Myles. Will keep your stepdad in prayer. Stay strong.

myles wilson likes this.
  19. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Thank you Joe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. palmolive fox

21st November 2021.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: OSP Fougere. (Sample)
    Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D2)
    Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./ Milton Lloyd London 2000 EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The osp 'Fougere' soap has a great fragrance and provided a slick protective lather in no time ,enough for the full shave with only a small amount required, leaving a superb post shave feel to my face.
    The Treet 7DP felt smooth and efficient this morning moving through my stubble with effortless ease.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd London 2000 EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.