November 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Oct 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

oh..and my pics were crap?..:happy102:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Lol! You really are a bunion buster Gary. Hey! I always liked your pics, especially the ones with the model cars.

JACarbone and brit like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

all in good fun..:) cheers..:eatdrink047:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  4. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Gary. I hope all is well for you on your side of the pond...Take care. Yours- Barry.:cool:

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  5. palmolive fox

Excellent work...I like free hand body art , rather than transfer colour-by-numbers tattoo's..
    Something of musical interest for you, showing David at his best.
    Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Pink Floyd - David Gilmour - YouTube

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb PULSE Remastered 2019 - YouTube
    David Gilmour - Echoes (Live In Gdańsk) - YouTube
    Enjoy. yours- Barry.:cool:

6. palmolive fox

25th November 2021.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather : Clubman Pinaud Shave Soap.
    Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D2)
    Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

A very brisk invigorating early morning cold water shave,
    I haven't used the clubman Pinaud soap for a while and forgot how much a great in-expensive soap it is.

Last outing of the Treet 7DP, which has paired together with the parker 98r wonderfully out of the subcontinent blades i have used throughout the month so far with the 98r these have been a firm favourite.
    The shining stars of my shaves this week have been the L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB & the Treet 7DP.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

7. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Super shave Barry. I am a Clubman fan. Have an awesome rest of the day!

brit, JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Happy Thanksgiving, 30 DC family!

I just want to check in this morning and let you all know that I'm thankful for your friendship and encouragement. I've been riding along quietly with you for the past few weeks.

Kathy and I are doing well and are indeed blessed. She's recovering from a minor stress fracture in her right foot due to overuse, but it appears to be healing nicely. We're returning to Mayo in January for a routine surgical follow up, and we're starting to plan some fun trips for 2022 as well.

We're enjoying a quiet Thanksgiving at home today. She plans to cook a pork roast in the crock pot. We'll also have a few other fixins' including pumpkin pie.

@myles wilson I so enjoy seeing your updates. I'm very proud of what you have accomplished, and I thank you for serving our country. I'm praying this morning for your wisdom and protection. I'm also praying for your family and your stepfather's recovery in particular.

Please think long and hard, Myles, before getting the tattoo. You might see things differently a few years down the road. It is expensive to have them removed later. :)

I recently picked up a few items for my Den, so my 2021 no buy with @jtspartan cratered. I picked up a 1921 Tuckaway, a replated NEW LC, a Sheraton from 1938-39, and an Aristocrat from 1934-35. This gives me a spare NEW LC (my favorite vintage Gillette) and some other razors that have always interested me. The cool thing, though, about losing a bet with Jason is that you still get a gift. He crafted a beautiful razor rack for me, and it's en route. He is a true gentlemen and a gifted craftsman.

While I was at it, I picked up some pucks of Mike's Natural Soaps Hungarian Lavender and a Christmas gift set of Stetson cologne and aftershave. The Mike's Soap rounds out my current "top 5" soap rotation. Stetson was one of my first colognes years ago, and I was curious to try it again.

Take care, gentlemen, and enjoy your day with family and friends.

Charlie

Gillette Tuckaway 1921_1.jpg Gillette Tuckaway 1921_2.jpg Gillette Aristocrat, NEW LC, and Sheraton.jpg JTSpartan Razor Stand.jpeg

Terry, brit, Primotenore and 5 others like this.
  9. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe.:cool:

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thank you, smartyhat. :cool:

11. Paul Turner

With me, the emphasis is on "a little".

brit, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Kinda like Chiseled Face's "Midnight Stag" in that regard.

brit, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

I like the Pink Floyd one better.

brit, Trigger and myles wilson like this.
  14. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave Barry.

brit, palmolive fox and Trigger like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Happy Thanksgiving Charlie. I hope you and Kathy have an enjoyable day. Beautiful acquisitions that knocked you out of the NB 2021. I have been true to form with my NB of soaps for the year. I have picked up a few straight razors which I am working on restoring during my time in the MOLC.

Have an enjoyable day. Don’t be a stranger.

16. Paul Turner

Very good Throwback Thursday/Thanksgiving shave this morning. 2 passes. No cuts/Knicks. The one problem occurred at the jawline, just over the ingrown hairs. I missed that area.....ah, there isn't much to miss, but I did. I think the Phoenix will be the next tub to go, as all that's left is on the circumference of the thing. I tilted the tub as I swirled. Not ready to tilt my other tubs. I can't help but thinking Doug Smythe(PAA owner)ad Doug of the insurance ad("only buy what you NEED") are either brothers, twin brothers, or the two Dougs are the same. This is an ongoing investigation, thus I can't comment on it, even though I just DID(chuk yuk yuk). Anyway, Super Duper Excellent.

brit and Trigger like this.
  17. Paul Turner

Charlie was on NB 21 too? He must have smirked at me when I blew it.

brit, Trigger and wristwatchb like this.
  18. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. myles wilson

HAPPY thanksgiving Charlie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit, Trigger and wristwatchb like this.
  20. myles wilson

brit, palmolive fox and Trigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.