-Gillette's-Finest-Razors-

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Jun 16, 2021.

1. brit

brit in a box

fabulous gillettes gents..:cool:

Ron R, stuartganis and MacDaDad like this.
  2. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  3. stuartganis

Gillette Flare Tip (black handle) / Parker Blade [​IMG]

jimjo1031, brit, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, you have a great evening!

brit likes this.
  5. stuartganis

Gillette Blue Tip / Sputnik blade [​IMG]

jimjo1031, brit and MacDaDad like this.
  6. MacDaDad

MacDaDad Well-Known Member

7. MacDaDad

8. brit

brit in a box

MacDaDad and Trigger like this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Today I shaved with a recently found '58 Super Speed. While other classic Gillette razors look more interesting, I'd forgotten (been probably more than 5 years) how good this one feels in the hand.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    jimjo1031, Ron R, MacDaDad and 2 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

one of gillette's iconic designs.millions of happy shaves in their day..:):eatdrink047:

jimjo1031, gorgo2 and MacDaDad like this.
  11. MacDaDad

You got that right Gary, nothing shaves like the Brits and with a Gillette Platinum BB. ;) I do like my Feathers and Med Preps as well. Come to think of it, I have a slide 15 pack of 73 to 75 Gillettes that I'll have to break out and compare. I remember those used with a Black Beauty. Lots of weepers when you've had a few and in a hurry to go out and party. :)

brit likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

they are lovely with feathers.not tried the med preps so far.Kai blades are nice as well.a little more blade feel...;)

MacDaDad likes this.
  13. MacDaDad

When I went back to old school Gillette shaving, the first blades I bought were the Kai. I've always liked that blade but for some reason or another I always reach for something else. Not ever the same razor, soap, cream, or blade. But as of late I'm pretty much stuck on synthetic brushes and I always face lather. I've started using shave balms instead of lotion but that depends on the day too. Shaving is a pleasure now days.

brit likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

i understand and agree.i have only tried Kai blades recently,they are great blades.been enjoying Russian Gillettes for 5 years.i have no real reason to venture away from them.:)

MacDaDad likes this.
  15. MacDaDad

Yet this hasn't kept me from the purchase of several thousand blades of one persuasion or another. The count is more like 3000 give or take a few. And now I'm attempted to purchase a few Gillette blades from China. LOL Just to compare mind you, just to compare. :)

brit likes this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

i am in a similar range..:D..don't want to run out..;)..:eatdrink047:

MacDaDad likes this.
  17. stuartganis

Gillette Fatboy / Sputnik blade [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Ron R, brit and 1 other person like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Nov 27th 2021

Razor: Gillette British Rocket SS- MFG 1950's N.D.Codes, nice mild razor, it's nice to have a few mild razors in the my harem of razors I enjoy, well built and does a great job of shaving a little faster in which it was designed for this task for men on the go.
    Blade: Kai SS (7) sharp & smooth with great longevity, extra wide by 4.5/1000 of inch per side, great for mild razors IMO.
    Soap: Ogallala Bayrum sage & cedarwood, nice scent & a soap that is enjoyable to try to dial in, mister helps me a lot for this.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm Moka 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel beard cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS, DFS, BbS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my British Gillette SS Rocket with a Kai SS blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

19. stuartganis

Gillette Super Speed / Kai blade [​IMG]

brit, jimjo1031 and MacDaDad like this.
  20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Goodwill #162.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Ron R, Old School, Jayaruh and 3 others like this.