Cella - Something Special

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Redrock, Jul 27, 2018.

1. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

I genuinely disliked Cella when I first smelled it. I was so disappointed because I was convinced I was going to love it. Fortunately, after I had put it away for a few months I tried it again and did enjoy the aroma. The shaving performance for me is very good. It’s extremely easy to get a great lather with very little effort. It’s an everyday classic for good reason.

2. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

I have Cella (original) in the red tub, and Cella Organic. The organic I have is the shaving cream tube version though. Just as easy to lather, much the same qualities as the red Cella. The aquamarine is a very clean fresh scent (very bright citrusy clean). Also have the organic balm and after shave, the same bright citrusy clean pleasant scent. If you've ever had your nose to T'erre de Hermes, or Fine Italian Citrus.....it's along those lines, similar notes, not as deep or refined, brighter to my nose.

HTH!

3. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

FYI everyone-I think that I will be enjoying a classic Cella shave tomorrow. Maybe topped off with VIBR!

Or, should I wait for Thanksgiving?

4. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Bay Rum is what I have been using for my Thanksgiving day shaves.

When I use up the last of my original Cella. I plan to replace it with the organic.

Word on the street is that it's a great performer. Some are saying they prefer it to the original. So I'm curious to find out how it will work for me.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    Ijustmissedthe50s and Tedolph like this.
  5. Tedolph

Decided to wait until after Thanksgiving. First Cella shave since last winter. Boy, am I out of practice!

Brush was too dry, had to reload during passes, etc. Some drying of lather at the edges. Results were OK but sub optimal.

Maybe need to bloom the soap if it hasn't been used in a long time.

I had forgotten how picky Cella is about the product to water ratio. Will do better next time.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  6. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

That's a bummer it didn't go well.

But I think your on the right track to get it to perform better for your next shave.

It's been a couple weeks now since I've shaved with Cella. Been reaching for other soaps and creams for some reason.

So I'm looking forward to shaving with it tomorrow.

7. Tedolph

Things went much better today. Bloomed the soap while I showered, didn't shake the brush out so much and bowl lathered. Got mountains of hot lather, more than enough for a beautiful triple pass shave. Should last me two days easily.

Cella resized.jpg

8. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I like Cella. It easy to lather and the scent is great. I always get great shaves with Cella.

9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

No, but thanks for telling me about it. If the ingredients are different, maybe this one doesn't light up my face. Worth a try!

Anyone who can tell me if the same almond oil that is in Cella Red is also in the Green?

10. Judoguy

Judoguy Member

They are good but Cella is just a bit better.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and Trigger like this.
  11. Judoguy

Judoguy Member

Mix Tabac and Cella together.....very good combo!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s and Trigger like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

my cella went off so i tossed it.;)

13. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Hi- I did end up buy-in an Aloe Vera tub after I had posted this question.

No almond scent. It is an aloe vera scent that is very faint.

As far as I can tell the shaving experience is exactly the same for both types. I suppose in theory the aloe vera is more face-friendly but I don't notice a difference. I personally like the almond scent although if I could I would dial it back from 11 to about 7. I'll probably stick to the classic for future purchases but I don't regret the green purchase.

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Went off? You finished it?

brit and Trigger like this.
  15. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

No Paul. Months ago, Gary mentioned that his Cella soap turned brown and decided to toss it. It's due to oxidation. If you ever used Ivory Soap, then the same phenomenon happens and it usually occurs at the corners. Cella is white and it will turn off white and slightly brownish, but as far as I am concerned, the soap is still good for my use case.

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Ahhhh, right. I have a solid white hand-soap I use now, and I can see the color changes.

brit and Trigger like this.
  17. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Tabacella.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Trigger like this.
  18. SterFry

SterFry Well-Known Member

Cella was the ultimate case of a scent growing on me... Didn't like it at first; now I can't get enough

19. where is the almond scent in cella.. all i get is a cherry candy smell in mine

20. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

It's actually a mix of almond and cherry scent, at least thats what my kilo smells like.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023