SoS: November 2021

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Oct 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

2. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Tuesday November 30, 2021
    Razor: Timeless .95 OC
    Blade: Wizamet
    Brush: Knothead "The Kentuckian"
    Soap: ETHOS/DFS Colonia
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: ETHOS/DFS Colonia
    Fragrance:
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,119

With the Dragonsbeard V3 on it's way to me I decided to go with an Ethos soap. The wife picked out "The Kentuckian" brush for me and so Colonia was selected for the soap because...............................it matches [​IMG] I used an almond size scoop to my bowl and when the soap had the right water it exploded with an amazing lather that just felt so good on the face. I had way too much lather for my 3 pass shave but I prefer way more than not enough lather. After rinsing the bowl out I saw that some soap remnants were on the bottom and never even mixed as it was an excessive and unnecessary amount. I got all that lather from maybe 2/3's of the almond size scooped. I don't see how anyone wouldn't get enough lather from this soap unless their brush is eating it all. With the small amount I used I had enough lather left that I could have shaved a couple Yak's and a Sherpa. The scent was so good and still lingering from the soap and splash that I skipped picking an EDT. Have a great day Folks !
    IMG_20211129_213155328_HDR.jpg IMG_20211130_061557439_HDR.jpg

Primotenore, ilts, brit and 13 others like this.
  3. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

It isn’t the best soap quality for sure but it smells nice and gets the job done. I like to use a little of everything once in awhile.

clint64 likes this.
  4. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

IMG_20211130_144215_859.jpg Flare tip Superspeed (C1)
    Derby Extra
    Progress Vulfix 404 Grosvenor
    TOBS Peppermint SC
    Skin Bracer AS

Have a great day!

Primotenore, ilts, brit and 14 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

November 30, 2021
    Tatara Muramasa @ 3
    Feather
    Tatara Semogue Boar
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Grand Bay Rum Aftershave
    Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne

[​IMG]

Primotenore, ilts, brit and 15 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos211130.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh 414 Silvertip
    TNNSER 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade
    CWR
    Tabac AS

Day 30 of 3D Printed Razor Month. I end the month with one of my favorite 3DP razors, the TNNSER by @twhite .

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh 414 Silvertip Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER 3DP Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

7. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Dscosmetic Z0 Razor Timeless Crown Handle (Ti)
    Astra SP
    Semogue Boar
    Williams Mug Soap
    Aloe Vera
    First Line Shave Aftershave
    Dscosmetic Z0 Timeless Crown.JPG

8. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Great shave my friend!

How cold are that soap and aftershave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint64 and jluc like this.
  9. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tuesday morning:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Minora day 7
    MSC Dark Blue SS
    L’Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic ASB
    MSC Dark Blue AS Splash

My second time using Fernando’s Dark Blue soap and aftershave and I absolutely LOVE them. The scent is beautiful, the soap’s tallow formula gives it such great lather with so much slickness as well as soothing, gentle postshave care. The Hydra Energetic balm from L’Oreal is another great product - it smells nice, it refreshes and moisturizes the skin and leaves it feeling terrific. The Dark Blue aftershave is witch hazel based so it has no burn or sting and the scent lasts all day - kudos to you my brother for producing such a treasure. What a brilliant BBS shave this was!

Be well and safe - enjoy your shaves!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks!

Not real cold but a nice chill that is long lasting. Tough to compare with menthol because it doesn't affect my nose and eyes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

clint64 likes this.
  11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Eversharp Hydromatic Injector
    Vintage Rite Aid Blade
    Barbasol Pacific Rush SC

Just a quick single pass this morning. No idea how many shaves are on the blade, but it wasn't overly tuggy.

Comfortable and good enough for work.

Enjoy your day.

12. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOD Tuesday November 30, 2021
    Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Shave Nation
    Pre shave: None
    Lather: Proraso White (45)
    Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
    Face WTG-XTG-ATG
    Head WTG:XTG-ATG
    Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (1)
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Lotion: None
    Balm: Proraso White Dopobarba
    Have a great day!
    IMG_8266.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

November 30th
    Razor: Tatara Muramasa
    Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
    Brush: Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: JoHS Tobacco Bay Leaf
    Stirling Unscented Witch Hazel
    B&M Unscented Balm
    AS: JoHS Tobacco Bay Leaf

Good morning!

Excellent shave to start the day! Setting 3 much like setting 2. Muscle memory took over for an easy three pass shave. Loving how smooth this razor is!

Have a great day!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Nov 30th 2021

Razor: TARMAX DE adjustable by @twhite - Mfg 2021, 1 of 4 only made, interesting concept, usually I receive great shaves.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP(5) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
    Soap: Speick, mild spicy scent + excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi Cola 22mm synthetic, Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips , nice scrubber, excellent precision painter.
    Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion (balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 small nick= [​IMG]excellent shave with my TARMAX by Tom White with a Astra SP.
    Brush collage, Nov 30, 2021 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

15. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

November 30th
    Barbasol FH w Astra SP (3)
    Omega Evo/Burl&Resin
    Soap Commander Endurance
    Thayers
    Shulton Old Spice AS & Cologne
    aaflkr.jpg
    Back to the Floating Head to finish the month off. I've had a very nice run the month with some razors that got neglected during SEptember and OCtober- this FH, a prewar Tech, a Canadian Rocket, a Karve (SB plates) and an Occam's DE. All are fine tools.
    Have a great day all!

16. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

8F9EAE30-F354-4B2B-A370-2BABEC7D20E5.jpeg SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 30, 2021

Geneva Cutlery had its beginnings in 1815 when Phineas Prouty Sr. and his brother, John, founded a hardware store in Schenectady, NY. Along with the store, Phineas Prouty also had a cutlery business. By the 1820s Prouty had moved to Geneva, where he raised a family and continued his hardware and cutlery business. The Cutlery business was incorporated in 1902 to manufacture shears, but by 1912 they were the largest manufacturer of razors in the US. The razor division and the Genco trademark was sold in 1936 to WR Case & Sons of Bradford, Pa. These razors became renowned for the extremely fine grained NY steel they employed and the resultant edge-holding reputation they gained by that.

The Genco 35 6/8 I shaved with this morning was manufactured in Bradford, Pa. It was my third razor acquisition, and the first razor that I honed from bevel set to finish. The edge has remained buttery smooth and this morning delivered an excellent two and a half pass mug shave that left me delightfully smooth. Kirk and Kyle Evans of Colonial Razor have designed and delivered two excellent razor designs, an AC and a DE, the General and Silversmith respectively. This morning’s noggin shave was superb and featured one of my favorite modern artisan DEs, the Colonial Silversmith. Every aspect of this great little DE’s head reflects the studied scientific background of its designer, Kyle Evans, an industrial chemist. I’m really looking forward to the coming rollout of the latest Colonial Razor aluminum DE. Two ATG dome passes was all it took this morning to leave yours truly feeling clean and smoothly velveteen.

RAZOR: Genco 35 6/8 (Mug), Colonial Razor’s Silversmith DE (Dome)
    BLADE: Polsilver DE
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: MrEE LE #007 Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Appears to be a new soap from Fine.

clint64 likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Interesting history on Geneva Cutlery.

clint64 and jgreenepa like this.
  19. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Red Tip / Sputnik blade
    B&M Latha / Unscented
    TurnNShave Synthetic [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

jluc, poppi, jtspartan and 12 others like this.
  20. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

More of a croap actually. Not as good as the old hard soaps IMHO.

Ron R, clint64 and stuartganis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.