December 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Nov 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The only thing that impresses me about the Veg is its history(Napoleon let his soldiers have some).

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Yes, Stirling Spice and F&H are the other two. I need to use the F & H because it is hardly used. I bought these 3 soaps in November of 2019. IThese are my only Stirling soaps that I have left and that is why I recently purchased a 5 pack sample. Up to now, it had been 2 yrs since my last Stirling order.

JACarbone, Paul Turner and Terry like this.
  3. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Hey Paul.
    You're welcome.
    tp

JACarbone, Paul Turner and Trigger like this.
  4. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Hey Joe.
    I always forget to add the head shave.
    I always shave my head when I shave my face.
    I use the same razor on my head as I use on my face.
    So I just call it " a shave " and forget that not everyone shaves their head.
    So if I forget to say I shaved my head, you can add that.

Sorry

tp

Paul Turner, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  5. Trigger

Got it! My headshaves don't always sync with my face shaves. Even if they do, I don't usually use an open blade on my dome like I do the face, so 2 different razors are used on that day. Also, I do the face in the morning and the head at night when they fall on the same day. Either way, I rarely comment on my headshaves unless I discover something new like my Fatboy displaced the ShakeSharp as my number 1 shaver.

JACarbone and Terry like this.
  6. Paul Turner

I see you have the 12.5 Clubman....I do too. Supposedly the 12.5's are the ones used in barbershops.

JACarbone, Terry and Trigger like this.
  7. Paul Turner

I just got word that my recent Stoylin order has been shipped...it's one of his new ones, the Ory Valley.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  8. Trigger

My Stirling order has been "shipped" too. It means that Stirling has boxed the items with the tracking number on the box for the post to pick it up. I don't know if they have pre-made tracking labels with numbers or Stirling inputs data to the post office and they print the number from their computer on blank labels from post. That's my guess. I think the former sounds more reasonable.

Paul Turner and JACarbone like this.
  9. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Superb goop shave Paul

Paul Turner and Trigger like this.
  10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent shave Joe.

Trigger likes this.
  11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent shave Terry. Love that razor.

Terry and Trigger like this.
  12. Trigger

Thanks Joe. It was a very nice shave. However, I am looking forward to a straight razor shave Saturday. It may be one of my Dovo's in keeping with the "D" in December or it may be one of my decadent razors that I have assigned male names. However, I just may decide to use a different straight razor. Thankfully, I have approximately 36 hrs to make that decision.

JACarbone likes this.
  13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    IMO, any blade will cut you anywhere, so I don't subscribe to your theory. If you are less than confident with your stroke, your blade may "skip" rather than "slide" across your skin. That can have two effects; 1) You miss a lot of stubble 2) occasionally, your blade will dig in and leave a mark or worse, cut you.
    I don't like canned shave cream. If you are going to use something from a can, I found the Gels to be far superior. With them, you can work the lather into the beard more effectively. With Foam, it just smears, so you end up patting it on lightly...ergo, no protection. Stick with your Stirling products, Paul. They'll protect your skin better and allow you to focus on a smooth and steady stroke.

Paul Turner, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  14. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

December focus shave #2: the classic Omega 49 and Blackland Blackbird

Nothing beats up a lather from a triple milled soap like a big fat boar brush. This was my first brush purchased a year ago. Broken in nicely. Very enjoyable head and face shave tonight. Pre de Provence sure makes me feel fancy.
    IMG_20211202_185052465.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  15. Trigger

I could've have said it any better Maestro. However, we all have mentioned to throw the canned go out, but he still insists on using it. I think part of the problem is that Paul is not as confident with using a brush to lather soaps.

JACarbone and Terry like this.
  16. Trigger

Excellent shave Eric! My first boar was the Omega 49 and I have had it almost 3 yrs. My only other boar is my Stirling which is not as good, but still acceptable. One day, I am looking forward to try the Nacets, but I have too many different blades to choose from my stache. By the way, what is the razor?

JACarbone likes this.
  17. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Thanks, Joe. Once I stumbled on Nacets, we got along like peas and carrots. Someone sent me a pack of Wizamets recently, and I like them just as much. Nacet is still my go-to. The razor is a Blackland Blackbird. Not as aggressive as an R41, and much more comfortable. Still a bit on the medium-aggressive side. I was fortunate to find someone who much preferred the titanium version, so I got an excellent price on the stainless.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  18. Trigger

I thought it was a Blackland, but was not sure. They are premium razors so you definitely should be proud to own one
    The Wizamets and the Nacets have a good rep. I haven't tried them, but someday I probably will. It will probably when I don't have the coordination to use a straight or a shavette. Hopefully, that will be many years from today.

JACarbone likes this.
  19. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Joe.
    I have lots of razors I like.
    I only get a few days a year to use them.
    Seeing as I have a little more time these last few days, I'm bringing them out to enjoy.

tp

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  20. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

My 2 cents, for what it's worth.....

I've tried many many different shaving products.
    I find that products that give a great sustainable lather like some foamy canned goo and are slick when applied with water like Creamo are my favorite.
    The foam shows me where I've been and carries away the cuttings.
    The slickness keeps the blade moving smoothly and correctly across the skin properly.

I find products such as Stirling and PAA just to mention a couple, when
    Properly mixed and applied, fit that description.

Me be quite now.

tp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.