Deployment shaving!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by jason koonce, Dec 8, 2021.

1. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

Hello from Somewhere in the middle of the ocean. How is everyone doing? As i am currently deployed i do not have the best internet i am actually surprised this loaded up. But i figured it would be 10x better to attempt to come here and gather yalls thoughts before attempting all different sites to get them to load.

i have not shopped for soap in a long while due to having a small stock pile i needed to get through and am finally back in the hunt. Are there any new up and coming companies in the past year or so or should i stick with Stirling? im out to try new stuff my most recent was summer storm from chiseled face.

Thank you all for your inputs!

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Stay safe, Jason and Thank you!

3. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

You won't go wrong with Stirling. I'm working my way through a tub of Zingari Man right now and it's really good so far. Barrister and Mann seems to have reformulated their regular soaps to remove the lanolin. Not sure how I'll feel about that but I liked their reserve soaps that already didn't have it. So it'll probably be fine. Anyway, good luck on the rest of your cruise and get home safe.

4. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Stirling has so many varieties, you could spend your whole life trying to experience them. New from Stirling is mutton tallow soap. So far I have only tried the Varen, which is an earthy green scent. Sheep is the unscented, Electric Sheep which I hear smells like lemon, citronella, and eucalyptus, Scots Pine.

If you like Stirling, you might also like Soap Commander. Vision is my favorite, aquatic with a touch of peppermint for cooling without menthol.

Barrister & Mann just released a new base called Omnibus, as noted by feeltheburn. I have not tried it yet, but others give high praise to it for the post-shave feel. Seville is my favorite B&M, followed by Oceana. They also released a new scent called Melange, inspired by the movie Dune. I ordered both in the new omnibus, but they are "Christmas presents" so I have not tried them yet :)

The Seaforth! brand has been brought back by Spearhead Shaving. The owner worked with the guy from Chatillon Lux, an award winning perfumist, to release Spiced and Sea Spiced Lime. Personally, I like the lime better.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Enrico, battle.munky, brit and 5 others like this.
  6. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I am a fan of Stirling, both due to it being a great soap and owned by former military. I am also a fan of Captain's Choice, as Scott is a huge supporter of the military.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

To the OP, sounds like you are doing just fine. My shaves on CV59 were with Edge gel and Schick Tracer carts.

8. jason koonce

I was not bringing those on deployment however they were issued. i am trying to avoid having to go back to them out here

brit likes this.
  9. jason koonce

brit likes this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Stirling has some great new shaving soap they brought out recently.

:eatdrink013:

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.