December 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Nov 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

You are welcome. How big is the knot Eric?

JACarbone likes this.
  2. Trigger

Super Sunday Shave Paul! Glad you did a touchup to enhance the quality of the shave.

JACarbone and Paul Turner like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thank you Joseph...I just felt I didn't administer enough A.S. orginally. A fragrance like Ramblin Man shouldn't be wasted. (Course the soap was the same scent, but the A.S. really brings it on).

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Don't tell @wristwatchb, but he gave me the same advice. I just can't do it super-fast.

wristwatchb, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  5. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001:Joe...'The Beijing Horsehair Shaving Brush'..It does have a nice ring to it. :lyrtuy5:.

6. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

23 mm knot, 47 mm loft

7. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

So I won this one in a raffle back in June of this year. I cannot remember off the top of my head who the prize donor was so I apologize. Just now getting to opening the package. It arrived the day after I left for bootcamp. Anyway this is what we got here. Really enjoy this Palmolive. If I remember correctly they said it was an older formula. Performance is pretty great on this soap love it a lot. Leaves my skin feeling good. Has a nice soapy scent as well. And then two 100 packs of voskhod blades.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Lather is excellent
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wristwatchb, brit, JACarbone and 5 others like this.
  9. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

SOTD 20211219 Buona Domenica
    by IschiaPP @ Forio
    •••
    Oumo Brown Tip Synth 30x50mm
    ---
    D.R. Harris Windsor Shaving Cream
    ---
    TNNSER3D V3 Tannhäuser 2.3
    Clear Resin 3D Laser Print
    •••
    #Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
    #ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan

[​IMG]

Full size:
    https://imgur.com/eWyHA59
    Soundtrack:
    Edoardo Bennato - Relax

JACarbone, brit, SRQShaver and 3 others like this.
  10. Trigger

The knot size shouldn't be a problem too load more soap. My boar brushes are only a 1mm larger and I never had a problem getting enough soap on the brush. Admittedly, I have had to go back to the puck or bowl because I initially didn't have enough. Personally, it's not a big deal for me if I have to go back. There are some soaps that you think you have enough and you don't. Bottomline, if you had a good shave, then that's all that matters. I try to go in with a mindset that shaving is fun, but sometimes it doesn't always go as planned. It's the price of admission on our shave journey. Have a great afternoon Eric.

JACarbone likes this.
  11. Trigger

Awesome Myles.

myles wilson and JACarbone like this.
  12. Trigger

Very nice Pierpaolo.

JACarbone and ischiapp like this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

EFB51DF7-FF14-4124-8809-A168938DB444.jpeg

SRS # 611

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Tuckmarr 5/8” Maccassar scales
    Brush: CRD Sky Dragon 26 mm Synthetic
    Lather: Los Jabones de Joserra Aquas de Gredos
    Aftershave: PAA Old Salty
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

Another fine soap by Jose Martinez. The soap has the following scent description: “Aquatic with a citrus touch of yuzu.”

The two shaves this weekend featured two or the many samples in my den. Both samples delivered a wonderful lather and shave. The Tuckmarr razor easily took care of this morning’s growth. The aquatic scent of both the soap and splash had me smelling real good for mass. Three passes as is my norm. Silent alum and excellent post shave feel.

Hope you have a great day gentlemen.

wristwatchb, brit, jtspartan and 2 others like this.
  14. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent shave Danny!

Trigger likes this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe.

Trigger likes this.
  16. Trigger

Terrific shave, gear, pic and post, Joe. How does it feel getting back into your exercise routine? Lately, I have been adding rowing to my cardio repertoire.

JACarbone likes this.
  17. Trigger

Dec 19 SOTD

Good afternoon guys!

Shavette Shave # 323
    Dovo Shavette
    Personna Hairshaped Blade (7th use)
    Omega Pro 49 Brush
    Tabac Stick SS
    Stirling Bay Rum AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 29 hrs

20211219_151618.jpg

Had a gem of a shave today! Tabac got the call because I haven't used in months. I like the scent and it's slick as a snake oil salesman. I had to reapply the soap in between passes because I didn't put enough on my face and in conjunction with the brush being wetter than usual. The lather was thin, but it served it's purpose.
    The Personna blade was still sharp that I could have ended the shave right there, but I always do at least 2 passes because it's not a full shave from my perspective. Did hit a little bump from a previous chin weep, but the Clubman styptic pen took care of it. Did a touchup on my lower left neck to finish with a near BBS shave. The alum was singing Silent Night which proved that I has a close, comfortable shave. The witch hazel and the Bay Rum aftershaves applications followed. I had very little burning from the aftershave. I am obviously very happy with today's shave. Have a wonderful afternoon.

wristwatchb, JACarbone, brit and 2 others like this.
  18. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

Great shave! I know I've already said it but that razor is something to behold.

I had seen that these razors, the flat top in particular, are mild. A double shim definitely seems like it would help. Just curious, have you tried a Kai blade? I'm wondering if it would be a bit more efficient on its own due to it being ever so slightly wider.

When I read this I thought, boy, if only I had two of the same kind of injector. Then it hit me. I do! I have two Schick Type Gs. Now I can do a real side-by-side comparison. Thanks for the suggestion!

Two_Schick_G4s_reduced.jpg

I have been meaning to try the Palmolive cream. It's the type of thing I'll end up putting in a cart to get free shipping or something. I just bought 200 Voskhod blades myself!

I already liked that razor but now doubly so in clear. Very nice!

19. Trigger

Thank you and I am looking forward to the comparison shave Eric!

SRQShaver likes this.
  20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I can get a three-pass shave from a Wee Scot. So can you.

brit, JACarbone, ewk and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.