December 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Nov 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Thank you Joe! Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  2. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

25th December 2021.

25.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
    Brush: APS Shaving Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
    Face & Head Lather.
    Lather: Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick.
    Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome. (1)
    Razor: Parker Variant.(Settings) 2.5-wtg,3.5-atg, + Pick ups.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water face & head Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./ Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT.

Christmas Day Greetings,

As on all Christmas day's since i was a kid, i have always been a early riser due to the festive excitement, now it's my ageing body clock.

The Parker variant is always a pleasure to shave with it's handle is super grippy which is excellent for head shaving without the fear of it slipping out of my hand whilst shaving....If i only had the choice to shave with any of my DE razors then the Variant would be a strong contender....Paired together with the Personna Platinum Chrome made a wonderful smooth assertive duo mowing through my face & head stubble with effortless ease....The dependable WS shave stick provided a slick protective lather in a short space of time leaving a excellent post shave feel.

An enjoyable Christmas day face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are both feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.

Later, but soon i will be venturing out to the family gathering to prepare the Christmas dinner, my multi tasking-skills come in useful at certain times' and take part in the festive activities, then after that i will be catching up on some well earned rest.

I wish every member of TSR a merry Christmas. Have a good safe pleasurable day ladies & gentlemen whatever you maybe doing.;)

Take care...Yours-Barry.:cool:

brit, JACarbone, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Wonderful Christmas morning shave Barry! I knew Wilkinson Sword made blades, but this is the first time that I have seen a shave stick from them. I assume that it is a clean scent that is not overbearing. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  4. Trigger

I want to say Merry Christmas to the 30 DC crew!

brit, JACarbone, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  5. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

December Focus Shave #20

Razor: Karve (D plate)
    Blade: Gillette Platinum
    Brush: Omega 10077 boar
    Soap: Tabac
    A/S: Old Spice
    IMG_20211225_081947117.jpg
    When the kids are teen to young adult, it is very easy to get up well before them. What else can I do but enjoy a Christmas morning shave and still have time to post before they stir at all. I somehow lost focus and got a cut about 1/2 inch below my eye. No, I am not a wolfman with hair growth that far up; that razor had no business being that far up. End result is a fine shave, and here I am smelling about as manly as any man can :)

brit, JACarbone and wristwatchb like this.
  6. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

SOTD 2021225 Natale
    by IschiaPP @ Forio
    •••
    Oumo Classic White Brown Tip Synth 30x50mm
    ---
    Barrister & Mann Latha Label Taiga
    Shaving Soap & Post-Shave Splash Toner
    ---
    FrankenRazor PP1489
    Edwin Jagger DE89 / Maggard Razors MR14
    Zamak, Aluminium, 12x41x100mm, 56g (29/27)
    ---
    Wilkinson Sword by Gillette India #6
    •••
    #Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
    #ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan

[​IMG]

Full size:
    https://imgur.com/ognboFh
    Soundtrack:
    Renee Olstead - Christmas in love

brit, JACarbone, ewk and 1 other person like this.
  7. Trigger

Sorry about the cut, but you did get a nice shave. Merry Christmas to you and your family Eric.

JACarbone and ewk like this.
  8. Trigger

Buon Natale Pierpaolo!

JACarbone and ischiapp like this.
  9. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Grazie Joe

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Great shave this Christmas morning! 0:50 at the loading dock to prepare the Crown King brush for its work. 2 passes. All went really well. I paid extra attention to the jawbone(on both ends). It would be plain EMBARRASSING to leave astroturf around there. Y'know, I can't pick up a fragrance in this soap(T&S, Classic Two), so it could work with many of my aftershaves. Might be almost scentless, but it does its job well. I can see the bottom of the tub (I think that makes 3 tubs I can say that about now). No cuts or Knicks. I should use this soap more often. Yardley A.S. to finish, Outta This World Excellent.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
    brit, JACarbone, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  11. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Joe...The WS shave stick is a hidden gem..And your right it's scent is a nice clean not in your face fragrance....Merry Christmas my friend. Yours-Barry.:cool:

12. Trigger

Christmas SOTD 2021

Good morning!

Van der Hagen TTO Razor
    Rockwell DE Blade (?)
    MrEE Tuxedo Brush
    Stirling Spice SS and AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 25 hrs

20211225_100740.jpg

A Christmas morning shave beckons Stirling Spice SS and AS. This scent is a classy dupe of Old Spice. Honestly, it is great followup of yesterday’s shave with Stirling Christmas Eve. Evan's brush whipped up enough creamy, rich lather for at least 4 passes. Originally, I wasn't impressed with the VDH razor, but since last month's 10 shave focus I came to appreciate it more. It gave me a BBS shave on 2 passes without errors. Is this razor in my top 3 of my 8 safety shavers? I would say no. In fact, it is still #8 because my other razors are very well made and they give great shaves with little effort. Did my usual postshave routine and finished with a generous portion of the matching aftershave. Merry Christmas to all of you guys!
    Merry Christmas to you all!

13. Trigger

Great shave Paul!

Paul Turner and JACarbone like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thank you Joe....Maybe my face and neck do better when hit by tallow soap than with MWF or Williams. Merry Christmas(again). Off to my sister's later.

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Merry Christmas, gentlemen!

Today is a no-shave day, as I'm still clean enough from an afternoon Christmas Eve shave before getting together with family. We had a nice visit, exchanged gifts, and enjoyed a 10,000 calorie (each :)) dinner together.

Today, we are spending a quiet day at home. I'm still full from last night's family meal. :) My Bride is out of her boot, and her stress fracture has healed nicely. We just got home from a walk and even did some things in the back yard. It will be almost 70 degrees here today. I like spending Christmas in short pants and t-shirts.

I've been using my Weber DE, GSB blades, MdC, Stetson A/S, and Aramis EdT for the past few shaves. A big donut hole developed in the MdC, so I'll probably finish it off before moving back to my soap rotation. These days, my shaves range between 1+ and 2 passes. That puts me in the top 1% of old guy shaves 'round these parts. :)

I lost a dear friend to COVID this week. He fought a month-long battle, with the last couple of weeks in the ICU. He was faithful Christ follower, and I know he is with Jesus today. I still miss him. His name is Bernie. For those so inclined, I'd appreciate prayers for his family in the days ahead. I gave Bernie a Weber DE a couple of years ago, so I decided to use mine awhile longer before putting it away. Bernie was a head and upper body shaver. He had Ephesians 6 (The Armor of God) tattooed on his upper body. It was a incredible conversation starter.

I'm reminded once again that our time here on earth is short. I hope you all are wisely spending your time today with loved ones and friends. Here's a photo of Bernie doing what he enjoyed.

1.jpg

Merry Christmas, gentlemen. I am thankful to count you all as friends, especially on this day as we celebrate Jesus' Birth.

Charlie

brit, Paul Turner, JACarbone and 4 others like this.
  16. Trigger

Great news about Kathy's foot. Sorry about the loss of your friend Bernie. Have a Blessed Christmas!

brit, JACarbone and wristwatchb like this.
  17. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Very sorry for your loss. I just heard an interesting perspective this morning. We are not citizens of this earth trying hard to make it to heaven. Rather we are citizens of heaven making it through this hard time on earth. Merry Christmas to you Charlie.

JACarbone, wristwatchb and Trigger like this.
  18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Joe. Merry Christmas, my friend.
    Thanks for sharing that perspective, Eric. Although I believe it, it is challenging my outlook on things right now. Merry Christmas!

JACarbone, Trigger and ewk like this.
  19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

6E10E3A3-46DD-437F-AB8B-ABD45C1B0A47.jpeg

SE Shave # 232 -MERRY CHRISTMAS

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gem Feather
    Blade: GEM Stainless
    Brush: MrEE Limited Edition #017 Cashmere 24 mm
    Lather: Barrister & Mann Dickens Revisted
    Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Dickens Revisted
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

I am exhausted. I was up last evening/early this morning putting together one of the Christmas gifts for my son. After a few quick, albeit not very restful, hour of sleep I was up early making bread for the Christmas dinner. As a result of my busy day here is a late post.

First and foremost I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your family. This morning’s shave featured the Dickens Revisted Christmas theme soap by B & M. The GEM Feather did a wonderful job leaving my face smooth and refreshed. A wonderful scent to compliment the day.

Merry Christmas everyone.

brit, wristwatchb, ewk and 1 other person like this.
  20. Trigger

Great shave Joe. The Dickens Revisited by B/M seems like a nice seasonal soap. You really had a busy Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

JACarbone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.