2021 Best Sandalwood AS and Cologne

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Sunflake, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

It’s been a while since I was here. Just wondering what your favorites are? BTW I loved AOS Sandalwood cologne, the original. They have screwed it up since by adding Cypress to it. But now you know what my favorite type of Sandalwood I’m looking for.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

3. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

I'm somewhat of a sandalwood junkie...

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Supreme Sandalwood Science is one of my favorites. Lightly sweet, lots of upfront sandalwood.
    ToBS Sandalwood. Another favorite....old school sandalwood barbershop fragrance.
    Proraso Red. Much the same as the ToBS, slightly woodier, but better/longer lasting/great sillage, imo.

I tried, and PIF'd Wet Shaving Products Sandalwood. It's in your face....standing in the raw sandalwood sawmill, covering your nose with your hand so you don't inhale sawdust particles. Just wasn't for me.

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Y'know, sawdust made the list of The Best Manly Smells.

5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I love the Aos sandalwood and i am lucky to have a bottle of their old cologne. The discontinued fine sandalwood aftershave and soap was extremely close to the aos and i am also very fortunate to find me a bottle of aftershave after a long search. Razor emporium a long time ago had a nice samdalwood when they first sold their own soap years ago. I dont recall who made it for them but i have a couple of ounces left and its a nice scent.

6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I love Sandalwood scents. Here is what i have done:
    I bought some 95% Grain Alcohol(Inexpensive brand). I then bought unscented Witch Hazel.
    I mixed 75% Alcohol 25% WH. I have some P&J Trading Sandalwood essential oil(bought on Amazon), from a while back, and added a couple of dropers full in the pint mixture. Use as much as you like, but not too much. Its a very nice scent that disinfects, and moisturizes. It is also inexpensive.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Jorvaljr like this.
  7. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I Like Proraso Red & Trumpers a lot.