Women's razor

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by ricardos, Feb 4, 2020.

1. ricardos

ricardos New Member

What is the best women's razor?

jimjo1031 likes this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

All I can recommend is what my wife likes; Lady Gillette, Super Adjustable long handle, and Parker 29L,in that order.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Daywalker, MR41 and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I agree with what @lightcs1776 said. But I would like to add another one, a Lady Eversharp (Schick) injector razor. My GF started with a Lady Gillette, but when I gave her a Lady Eversharp (K1), she now alternates between the two.

lightcs1776 likes this.
  4. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

My wife hasn't tried an injector, but I sure do like mine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 likes this.
  5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

My wife has tried just about everything out there. I mean about everything. She finally settled on the vintage Lady Gillette Starburst. My daughters also use the same. The wife's second favorite is the Merkur Future clone.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  6. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

This is my wife’s setup.
    Schick Lady Eversharp.
    She loves it.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    She started with a lady Gillette blue one.
    But when I got her the Schick the other one just sits in the Cabinet.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Enrico, ricardos and jimjo1031 like this.
  7. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

From a vintage angle the Lady Gillette is a good choice (daughter uses) and also the unsung Schick Krona (has long handle) is a steady and smooth shaver.
    IMG_9537.JPG IMG_7979(a).jpg

cliffb599 and jimjo1031 like this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

None. I like my women hirsuit.

cliffb599 likes this.
  9. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Honestly there is no difference when it comes to women vs men's razors. Everyone has there own personal preference. Some people like long handled, short, handled, double edged, single edged... It just depends on what that particular person is looking for.

That said, in my wife's case:

She likes the H1: Ladies Fashion Razor
    [​IMG]

But she does not like the K2: Lady Eversharp Beauty Razor (long, tapered with glitter). She also does not like the Lady Gillette either.
    [​IMG]

cliffb599 likes this.
  10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Based on what I’ve learned from my wife: Mild, Long handled and intuitive angle are the keys to a good ladies razor.

PLANofMAN and cliffb599 like this.
  11. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

ROFL.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The Gillette Star, Gillette Black Beauty-long handle & Parker 29L are all razors I've used with good results. Long handles are definitely something I recommend.

Daywalker and lightcs1776 like this.
  13. Daywalker

Daywalker Active Member

I use a Weishi 9306-P which was also rebranded as a Wilkinson (Schick in the US?) recently. It has a long heavy handle with barberpole knurling - which is a downside imho, because it turns a bit when soapy.
    But there's also a version where the knurling goes both ways, I think it's the 9306-L (without additional letters - so I don't mean the CL ) - and for the ladies there's even a rainbow colored version.

Anyway, it works quite well for shaving the body - for the face I prefer shorter handles though.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    Sara-s likes this.