What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: Very cool!!! Older equipment is the best!

:eatdrink013:

lottenhem likes this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

lottenhem likes this.
  3. Avalon

Avalon Active Member

I absolutely love how this all came together :) fantastic job!

lottenhem likes this.
  4. lottenhem

lottenhem Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Avalon likes this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I bought a rotary cutter (sort of like a super-sharp pizza wheel, for cutting fabric.). The expensive one had finger ridges, which the cheap one lacked. They are other wise the same.

I bought the cheap one, and then used my engraving tool to engrave in some ridges.

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Hubby & I went to the gun range for their Valentine’s Day special. (2 shooters share one lane & get a silly Valentine target for $25.00) I shoot a .22 target pistol & he shoots a 9mm.

Here is the silly target;
    EE8A0BE5-EE98-4CAE-BFCA-888F2BBFB6A4.jpeg

BamaT, Avalon, stuartganis and 4 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

How does the "together" work....you both shoot from the same gun at the same time?

Sara-s likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

No I shot first.

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Did either of you hit the target? :)

10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yes, a lot.

ewk likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

Oh OK.....I think it should have been both shooting together, I mean, isn't that the name of that particular heart? But what do I know-recall my problems with archery during camp.

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

There was a specific reason why I shot first. Since I was shooting 22. caliber, my shots would leave smaller holes in the target. Between the larger holes from his 9mm and the fact that he is a better shot than I am, shooting second would have made it difficult for me to see my results.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    BamaT and Paul Turner like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Was he the one who got you onto this??????(I mean, shooting in general).

14. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Awesome. I like going to the range with my wife and kids. Two are older now, and don't go with us often. But, my 15 yr old daughter is a natural, with a pistol. She is dead on, with the Browning Buckmark .22, and out shoots most men, with the Glock 17 9mm. She isn't a fan of my Colt 1911 .45. My wife sticks with either the Browning or Ruger .22 pistols.
    Families that shoot together, stay together.

BamaT and Paul Turner like this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Agreed. My husband & I enjoy it as a shared pursuit. My favorite so far is the .22 Ruger Mark IV.

BamaT likes this.
  16. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

It looks like you missed. Might want to move closer. :p

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yes, my husband, who has served in the US Army, got me into it. A couple of years ago we took a gun safety course together. After enough discussions of weapons, it seemed like a good way for me to understand them better. In the class, I had a chance to try several different .22 pistols. That was my first exposure to target pistols.

We took that picture before we shot. After my husband (who is a VERY good shot) got through with it, there wasn’t much left to photograph.

18. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I would have thought on a Valentine's Day Target you would have used arrows. But, what do I know:(

Sara-s likes this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

That’s tomorrow.

stuartganis and richgem like this.
  20. lottenhem

lottenhem Well-Known Member

When I was young I served in the Royal Swedish Navy. All men had to do Military service at least 8 months (army) I did 10 months in Stockholm and Gothenburg. A part of the training was off course shooting. I had to learn the K-pist m/45 and 9mm FN Browning.
    The m/45 did 600 rounds/ minute and also possible to shoot under water… due to the lack of precision in the barrel. Weapon made for close range.
    [​IMG]
    The m/45 was probably the simplest machine gun ever made but very robust. Not possible to shoot single rounds without a lot of training

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Paul Turner and DaltonGang like this.