January 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Dec 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

Pre-shave: Cremo shave cream
    Lather: Hendrix Classics & Co "Havana Breeze"
    Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
    Razor: Schick Type N Injector
    Blade: Schick Twin (1)
    Aftershave: None
    Post-shave: Nivea Sensitive balm

SOTD_2022-01-22_resized.jpg

I'm back on track with a January injector shave. I've used this Type N with a normal Schick blade but it was too mild for my taste so I tried it with a new twin blade. It did give me a better shave but it's still very mild. Mild is negative in this case because it means needing to go over the same areas several times to get everything.

Havana Breeze is my favorite tobacco scent because it's so simple. The smell from the tub is sweet with very little tobacco present. As soon as it is lathered, that flips and I get a strong tobacco fragrance with just a hint of sweetness. The body and slickness of this soap are excellent.

I ended up with an effortless BBS shave and had just a slight touch of irritation under the jawline on the right which is my trouble spot so no surprise there.

The January focus on injectors has been a great exercise so far. It has reinforced some things I already knew but it also uncovered a few flaws in my technique and has helped me appreciate what great shavers most of my injectors are. I think I'm going to be doing a GEM focus next since I have a pretty healthy collection and I usually get excellent shaves with them. But, just like with the injectors, I don't use them nearly enough due to distractions. For instance, I have four 3D GEMs and a Clog Pruf Peerless that I've not yet tried. If I was smart I would have done it this month so it could have been GEMuary.

Thanks for reading and happy shaves!

JACarbone, wristwatchb, brit and 4 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thank you Eric. I am glad you enjoyed it. As I said in my opening on the 1st of January, I will do at least a shave video once a month or share another YouTuber's shave video throughout the year.

JACarbone, brit, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

First time I tried..Maybe placebo but I was happier with the results today than with one blade yesterday.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

4. Trigger

Nice shave and post Eric. HC & C is an up and coming artisan. I am interested in his scenting oils. I think he has at least 100 of them.

5. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks, Jeff, I’ll give it a try!

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  6. MaineYooper

MaineYooper Well-Known Member

@jgreenepa made some great points, as did @Trigger. I plan to save those posts and sometime soon try a 30 focus with a straight razor.

jgreenepa, JACarbone, ewk and 2 others like this.
  7. Trigger

I hope that straight razor would be properly honed unless you are talking about a shavette.

8. MaineYooper

MaineYooper Well-Known Member

A member of another forum honed it. He is very meticulous. I have shaved my cheeks successfully 3 times in two weeks, but it's now two weeks since the last SR shave.

jgreenepa, JACarbone, ewk and 2 others like this.
  9. Trigger

Congrats on just shaving the cheeks and I assume you did fine. That's OK that you had some time away from it. You will find that it may be much better for you. Just take your time. There's no need to hurry. Enjoy the journey!

10. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Trigger

Great setup Myles! Did you start your schooling?

jgreenepa, myles wilson and brit like this.
  12. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

23rd January 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Transparent Soap with Mint Extracts.
    Brush: Omega 10077.
    Bowl Lather.
    Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather: Geo F. Trumper Violet Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Treet Black Carbon. (D2)
    Razor:1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

It's been a while since i last used The G F. Trumper Violet shaving cream and forgot how much i really like it's unique scent only a small amount is needed to create a excellent lather for the full shave leaving a superb post shave feel.
    The Treet Black Carbon paired together well with my 1940's vintage tech making a smooth efficient duo.. A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups close shave with no errors to report..

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel on it's maiden outing...An excellent post shave application.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

13. Trigger

Terrific shave Barry. I like Lavender, but I am not sure about a Violet frag. Take care.

jgreenepa, palmolive fox and brit like this.
  14. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Joe...I understand where your coming from on the Violet Frag, but the Geo F. Trumper cream is a nice one which i like....As always though opinions are subjective YMMV. Take care, enjoy your Sunday and have a great coming week.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    jgreenepa, brit and Trigger like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

sunday
    brit tech hybrid
    7 oclock black
    bbj custom 10098
    fendrihan lemon soda
    #74 victorian lime

20220123_063315_edited_edited_edited.jpg

good morning gents
    lovely old school lime shave.
    smooth 2 passer in the usual manner
    fabulous..:)
    happy sunday
    :eatdrink047:

16. Trigger

Jan 23 SOTD

Good morning gents!

20220122_133810.jpg

Straight Razor Shave #339
    15/16 Wostenholm
    Stirling Boar Brush
    Stirling Spice SS and AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 38 hrs

It's a little warmer here on LI, but the Cryogen is staying in my den closet. Lol!
    I have a nice large donut hole in my Stirling Spice soap so I will be using it for every shave until it's gone. The Stirling brush had a habit of shedding, but it didn't on this shave. The bristles are soft, but it doesn't compare to my Omega Pro 49. However, it did a fine job whipping up the lather.

The Wosty near wedge did an awesome job cutting my stubble. Two passes of error-free shaving without pickups gave me a great result. Alum, witch hazel and matching aftershave were applied respectively for the postshave. Have a great Sunday

17. Trigger

Terrific shave and setup as always Gary. Have a great day!

jgreenepa, JACarbone and brit like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have a few duffnut holes muhself(Stoylin Sandpiper, Phoenix Bay Rum).

19. brit

brit in a box

fine sunday shave Joe.:cool:

thank you.yourself as well.:):eatdrink047:

jgreenepa, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  20. Trigger

:signs001: Gary.

jgreenepa, JACarbone and brit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.