Thayers Write in Campaign to Bring Back the "Medicated" Witch Hazel!

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Tim Spencer, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I found out this week that Thayers discontinued the "Medicated" Witch Hazel which has that amazing camphorous scent. I really enjoy this as an aftershave and it really does work to soothe irritation and promote healing. It's one of my "utility" shaving gear products. I only have a half a bottle remaining of it.

I want fellow wet shavers who love the "Medicated" version to please write to Thayers and tell them how you must have this wonderful product as an aftershave splash to soothe rough shaves. Write to them at - https://www.thayers.com/customer-service-contact-us.html

2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I never cared for the scent so I'll check my den and see if I have a bottle I can send you.
    I did a quick internet search and it looks like a few sellers still have the original in stock.

Ijustmissedthe50s and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I like using Sea Breeze Astringent. It has camphor in it and gives that tingling feeling and stores like Dollar General, Family Dollar and even Amazon has generic versions of it.

4. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Well shoot. I already hunted down 2 bottles of the Medicated Witch Hazel online and ordered them. I compared ingredients and it looks like the Sea Breeze Astringent is highly similar and likely will smell very close to the Thayers Medicated. Thanks for posting this as an alternate for others. I bet this comes up for someone in a future Google search and helps them out. There are people that rely on the Medicated stuff for their skin conditions from some reviews that I read, which really sucks for them. Knowing there is an alternative is really good.

5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I like Sea Breeze and it's generic versions. Besides being good for sensitive skin, it has a nice tingling sensation and very nice for menthol lovers.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.