Mysterious Traveling Box 2021 Tour Round 2

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Enrico, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs011: Pics are like a good cup of coffee in the morning :eatdrink013: ..... always welcome and a sure way to get the heart racing.:happy093:

[​IMG]

2. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

B021F40D-5ED4-449F-BFA9-D2A06434D6B5.jpeg

Looks like these are the interests. The right side and middle top 2 items are chosen by my son, who is 18 and showing the interest in wet shaving since 16 (and has taken from my stash a few times). The left side and bottom 2 items are my thoughts. I’ve not tried the old Williams version puck. The Gillette razor seems one I’m not familiar with, uses clamping tabs… And the Old Spice shaving mug just reminds me of my Grandfather.

If everyone is okay with these takes…I’ll come up with some items to fill the empty spaces in ‘da Box’. :)

jaro, poppi, cliffb599 and 3 others like this.
  3. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Identified and used the 1966 (L3) Gillette Travel Tech today. Very nice, supremely mild razor. It's a birth year razor, so a keeper for sure.

Also used the Clubman 'Whisky Woods' after shave, wifey approves, it's a keeper too.

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I have many Techs and is favored my house. Often used at least once a week.

:happy088:

5. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

@jaro I think is next.

PM me your address, and I'll get the box moving along. My takes were what was shown in the image above.

Additions are a couple of soaps, a previous brush acquisition from the traveling box (a restoration that my son decided against), a couple of Zingari Man after shave balms (I'm not a balm fan), a couple of soap/aftershave samples, a nearly full Skin Bracer AS, and a Ginger's Garden AS..and possibly a couple of other small samples if there's room.

6. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

PM has been sent with tracking info.

Ijustmissedthe50s, Enrico and jaro like this.
  7. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

I got the tracking info.. Thanks.

Ijustmissedthe50s, Enrico and b1hart like this.
  8. jaro

Okay the box got here.. BUT, the lids on most of the colognes / aftershaves were loose so they leaked EVERYWHERE !! its gonna take some time to get it sorted out and dry.

Well I shall try to get it all dried out and if the box will make it I will put it back into it but if not I shall replace the box...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
    Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  9. jaro

okay I have had to put the box away for a few.. I am completely congested and cant smell anything but the box odor was so strong I actually smelled it and it started making me sick......

Ijustmissedthe50s and cliffb599 like this.
  10. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Hmm. Not sure what happened with the leaking....everything I added was checked tight, although a couple (like the Skin Bracer) had no way to tighten, it's just a snap on/friction lid. Didn't open 90% of the sandwich bags, they didn't have an interest. Everything I added was in sandwich bags....did a bag leak? That could be due to the non pressurization area of being in a plane.

Which piece was the 4711? I had posted an image of my takes, no comments were made of someone wanting something of those behind me on the list.

11. jaro

The skin bracer and the lisa's and another leaked.. I will post exactly when I bring the box back out of the garage after it airs out for a little while...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
  12. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Also known as Granny Juice

Ijustmissedthe50s, jaro and Enrico like this.
  13. jaro

Hey you added it !!;):)

You did put it in didn't you?

14. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Yes. It’s on my give and take post.

Somehow I ended up with two bottles and since I have over 100 aftershaves I don’t really need two of anything so I added it to the box.

When I received the box it smelled like the Veg and a few things were damp so I replaced all the ziplocs and taped the aftershave lids.

Going forward we might want to recommend taping the lids and double bagging any liquids just to be extra sure any spills are contained.

Ijustmissedthe50s, jaro and Enrico like this.
  15. jaro

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
    Ijustmissedthe50s and Enrico like this.
  16. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Yes...the 4711cwas one of my takes. I forgot to take a picture. The box was clean and dry leaving New York, but yeah, that's a long trip to Texas lol. I bagged up the new Veg bottle in spite of it still being factory sealed.

cliffb599 and jaro like this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Some bottles (regardless of what you do) will leak. Friction tops always seem leak.

:signs131:

18. jaro

Okay there was a black super adjustable that was from 1969 in the box.. That's my birth year so I think I might claim it as my first ever birth year razor !!

19. jaro

I also think I have found some of my adds. A bottle of witch hazel, some razor blades, a razor and some Basic green aftershave of some kind...I may have more to add, I just don't know yet.. The box still has a strong odor so I can't be around it but for a few minutes at a time.... I will finish up with it soon. Today was my oldest sons Birthday (he turned 14 ) so the box has taken a back seat to him and to my twins who are sick with a fever over 102 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cliffb599 and Enrico like this.
  20. jaro

Okay Well here's the latest.. With the kids being sick and then me being sick ( NOT COVID related ) I will not be able to get the box mailed back out to our fine Steward until Thursday at the earliest..... Sorry....

Enrico and cliffb599 like this.