Favorite SE Injector & Barber Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by TheBurgh, Mar 10, 2022.

1. TheBurgh

TheBurgh Active Member

Am I missing something in my "search" skills? I don't see a recent concentrated thread on this topic.

Might you please share the names of your favorite SE Injector and barber style blades? Whilst you at it, in addition to comfort, scarcity and longevity in use, how about estimating their cost/benefit value to you?

Thank you (and accept my apologies if you respond with a link to a prior recent thread).

Ijustmissedthe50s and Jorvaljr like this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It will depend if you like aggressive shaving razors or milder razors.

What are called Type G razors are a good starting point for Schick injectors. The American made ones are middle of the road and if they aren't good enough either way you can then ask what is more or less aggressive than a Type G. You'll get better feedback if you start there. Type G razors are still cheap and plentiful just pay attention to the condition of the razor when buying.

My personal favorite are the Canadian made Type G injectors. They are more aggressive than the American made ones but not quite as aggressive as certain Type E injectors.

4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

As far as blades goes they come down to 2 manafacturers regardless of brands. In short it is either Shick branded injector blades and everything else is made by Personna. All the Personna made blades are the same regardless of brand. Schick blades are sharper and Personna less so than Schick injector blades.

5. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

i have been using a supply se razor recently and tried their black injector blades..very good stuff.

pricey though. i ended up buying a bunch of injector blades from connaught shaving...i think it was $25 for 100 blades.