Just One? Karve Overlander vs. Charcoal Goods (Level 2)?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by TheBurgh, Mar 20, 2022.

1. TheBurgh

TheBurgh Active Member

I'm torn. One of these brass beauties (yes, only one) belong in my Den.

Betwixt these two similar razors, if costs were equal, which might you choose if you were forced to buy only one?

Please help me un-tear my torn RAD!

Thank you!

2. SterFry

SterFry Well-Known Member

Never tried either. Only the Christopher Bradley

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

When I face that situation, not knowing how either shaves, I buy the one I like the looks of.
    I've come to be able to make any razor work. I'm more apt to use the one that catches my eye.

4. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

I've never tried either. Just the Christopher Bradley with D & E plates.

I like the CB and fail to see what the Overlander would offer that the CB doesn't.
    With no direct knowledge of either of your choices, I would buy the cheaper of the two.
    That would be my choice, and not my advice.

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about which one I would pick because they are beautiful and efficient razors. But something tells me the Overlander must be a winner when fellows are getting them gold plated on another forum. That is amazing to me, but fellows like their razors to look pertie I guess. The Overlander is a daily driver and seems like fellows who head shave are also enjoying it. Might be a little hype going on but there is something different possibly about the razor that turns some ones crank.

6. OhioBob

OhioBob New Member

I am one of those who got the Overlander plated. Maybe that was overkill, but it looks GREAT! As for the razor itself I am really impressed with it. It’s smooth and very efficient. Some who have used the Christopher Bradley say it’s as smooth as the B plate and efficient as the D plate. It is easy to use as a daily driver, no irritation. Many are touting it’s virtues.

7. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

The Karve is extremely smooth. If you want to keep the brass pretty, a rub it down with Boeshield every couple of months or so.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  8. VerbaVolant

VerbaVolant Active Member

I never let myself torn. When facing this dilemma, the only acceptable answer is: Yes, get both.

You are welcome!:)

9. ShaversRUs

ShaversRUs Well-Known Member

The Overlander seems to pop up very often when I read about people's top performing razors. I run into it all the time when researching other razors. Shavers claim they get just as good, or even better, shaves from the Overlander compared to their higher-end rzors. (e.g. Wolfman, Blackbird, Lambda.)

Is it really the "bees knees"? The brass version can be had for less than $100USD.