Blacklands Sabre in hand. Classy & Elegant Presentation....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Just received the Sabre from Blacklands today. It truly is a gorgeous looking tool with great attention to detail and craftsmanship. Shave coming up next......
    IMG_0808.JPG IMG_0809.JPG IMG_0810.JPG IMG_0812.JPG IMG_0813.JPG

Sara-s, jmsodpc, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  2. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Beautiful looking razor, I know you will enjoy it.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Jorvaljr, RaZorBurn123 and Str8on2 like this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

WOW! I really like this razor design, much better than the Original Blackland Blackbird.

Jorvaljr and Str8on2 like this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

So this is a Gem blade razor.. I think I'll pass, my Gem Junior cost under $10.

targa88, Jorvaljr and Str8on2 like this.
  5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Str8on2 likes this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Str8on2 likes this.
  7. Str8on2

Thank you Clint...... :happy088:
    Thanks.... ;)

clint64 likes this.
  8. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Member

Sweet looking razor! Congrats and enjoy!

Str8on2 likes this.
  9. Str8on2

Just a superb & wonderful shave this morning with to me, one of the more iconic modern day looking razors made today. The Blackbird from Blackland Razors may symbolize this manufacturer but, to me this razor embodies the ever thinking forward process of this manufacturer throughout their whole product line. I consider the Sabre to be one of the crowning achievements in Blacklands line up alongside the Vector. With the Sabre though there is no revolutionary design as it exemplifies more of a steady evolution of a GEM styled razor tool that has subtle styling & performance tweaks implemented to create a more comfortable and satisfying shaver to the wet shaving masses. It’s my favorite Blackland razor, period.

And the V2 Dragonsbeard is simply magnificent. If the houses of Tom Ford, Gucci or Givenchy had produced a scent like this, we’d be lauding this creation with some of the more iconic fragrances in the history of perfumery. This is a modern, yet classical & masculine scent that is only surpassed by its performance. In terms of grooming products geared towards shaving, this is a masterpiece.

IMG_51831.jpg

Hembree, Ron R and brit like this.
  10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

They look very well built, but are also very pricey.

Hembree likes this.
  11. Str8on2

Yes and no. Without going into a long dialogue on the pros & cons of price points, let's just say that pricing & affordability is a broad topic and is one of the more subjective topics on quantifying or a establishing a price threshold. Personally, I find it affordable in today's economic landscape.

Just my opinion. Great shaves to you amigo.

Hembree and brit like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

"modern" is a broad and subjective topic also..;):eatdrink047:

Str8on2 and Hembree like this.
  13. Str8on2

Indeed my friend. Maybe "contemporary" might be the better description for the Sabre.
    Great shaves to you amigo.... :eatdrink047:

brit likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

:).yourself as well.:eatdrink047:

Str8on2 likes this.
  15. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

I used my sabre yesterday for the first time. I really like it. Previously I used a vintage gem and liked it...just didn't like the small handle. The sabre fixed it with the traditional DE style handle.

I have purchased a bunch of modern razors and this one is definitely a keeper.

Str8on2 and Ron R like this.