What’s a good, soothing shave balm

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DiggyGun, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Nivea

:eatdrink013:

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  2. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Nivea ASB for me as well..cheap, effective, and widely available.

Proraso ASB or OneBlade ASB if money's burning a hole in your pocket. For me, they're both about on a par with the Nivea, just more expensive and harder to find.

brit, Enrico and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  3. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

Add another vote for lucky tiger. It is my go to for tender skin ever since I first tried it. Great stuff.

4. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I have recently discovered Barrister and Mann aftershave balms. I have the unscented version and it is quite nice. You could also try Henri et Victoria unscented ASB. Another fine product. Stirling unscented ASB is also nice.

brit likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Sometimes I end up using too much of the Rise Cooling Balm. It's in a tube, thus tricky to get out the exact amount you want. I still have 2 or 3 of those from that large Rise order I made not long after becoming a member here.

6. VerbaVolant

VerbaVolant Active Member

Presently using a great value balm, The Real Shaving Company post shave soothing balm.
    Another excellent balm is Weleda and I would recommend it anytime. So is Pre de Provence, if you can find it. PdP is one of the best, in my opinion.
    The Body Shop has good products that I have used in the past and would recommend. Although, I am not familiar with their current line of aftershaves.
    I believe that any good quality face cream would work well as an aftershave balm.

7. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic has my vote. It became my go to for irritation years ago. It even helped my son when he developed mask-ne.