Body Wash

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by PattiP, Aug 19, 2007.

1. PattiP

PattiP New Member

I'm looking for the mildest body wash out there. I have allergies and chemical sensitivities and I cannot use most of the ones on the market today. :ashamed001

2. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I can't say I'd recommend any body wash, but you should look into some homemade soap. It's a pretty drastic difference in what's in the product. Much friendlier to the skin.

By the way, welcome aboard.

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Body wash only?

I know of only one "natural" body wash, but the place I got it doesn't seem to carry it at the moment.

There are home-soapers that make unscented, and gentle baths soap bars....have you tried any of those?

-------also, Welcome the The Shave Den :D

4. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

What about Dr. Bonner's Liquid Soap?

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

You're a genius!

ps - the "other" natural body wash was the one from Distilled Rose that I sent you a bottle of. What did you think of it?

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, PattiP!

Homemade soaps are probably your best bet, and you may be able to find some homemade body wash, but I'm not sure.

7. herzi

herzi Active Member

Welcome PattiP!

I have similar problems as you.
    For a long time I used Eubos sensitive shower oil. But I'm not sure if it is available in the states. But you can use another shower oil. I know Nivea has one and this could be available. On the other side the scent of shower oils is really nothing special and it dried my skin a little. But I didn't know better.
    Later I got into homemade soaps and IMHO cold process soaps are better than glycerine soaps. I get mine here
    http://www.olivia-seife.de/home_engl.htm
    and another good source is this
    www.bear-haven.com
    Now I know that I can use other high quality soaps too and my skin feels much better than with shower oil. And soaps are much cheaper ;)

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

You mean the one that is almost empty sitting in the home shower that my wife and I have been enjoying? I would count that as a I like it. Hate the plastic poof she uses but hey, I only use that shower twice a week.

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Cool! Glad you like it :D

10. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Burt's Bee's Citrus&Ginger BW is 97.06% natural. Excellent product & relatively inexpensive for a higher end, natural BW. This is the go-to wash
    in our home, though I snag other products to test occasionally, but we usually have the BB's in the master shower at all times plus 1 or 2 bottles in
    reserve under one of the sinks.

You might want to try a KMF BW, also as about as close to totally natural as
    you can get & still get a "safe" product that won't be infested by bacteria &
    other microbes.

Both these lines are readily available at Whole Foods, Organic Food outlets.

Burt's Bee's is also being carried at Target's. At least my local Targee carries
    a lot of Burt's Bee's, your local Targee may vary.

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

At the CVS near me, I recently noticed they have Creemo Body Wash. Might give it a try this summer. (oops, looks like I skipped ahead 15 years with this baby-the post, not the Creemo).

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.