SoS: May 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by ram57, Apr 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Sat, May7th 2020

Razor : Yaqi Mercury chrome head with a Rocket handle, Great mild>tame mid range, well built and designed head, good chrome coating, easy to find sweet spot angle, good for buffing & overall accuracy of blade centered is good & I bought on a recent sale whim. Very little blade feel but very efficient from audio feedback + results where excellent IMO.
    Blade : Gillette 7oclock SP(1) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier blade.
    Soap : Tabac, nice mild flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities. This soap has been around for some time.
    Brush : Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent comfortable shave with my new Yaqi chrome Mercury razor with a Gillette 7oClock black.
    SOTD May 7 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

2. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Flare Tip (black handle) Feather Blade
    Soap Commander / Honor
    Hotoffthelathe Silvertip 20220308_095319.jpg 20200505_130119.jpg 20200509_133639.jpg

8/19/1942

3. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

SATURDAY'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Perfumed by:
    Thierry Wasser
    [​IMG]

Razor - Merkur Futur
    Blade - [​IMG] *3rd Shave
    Razor Stand by RV Shaving
    Shave Brush - Omega Hi-Brush 20mm Synthetic
    Brush Stand by Desire Metal Works
    Shave Soap - Ginger's Garden "Vanilla Almond Musk"
    Lather Bowl - Durance de Provence White Ceramic
    Aftershave - Humphreys Organic Distilled Witch Hazel *mentholated with PAA "Chill Mill" menthol crystals
    Deodorant - Nourish Organic "Almond Vanilla"
    Fragrance - Guerlain - L'Homme Ideal Cologne

The Merkur Futur is still the best shave in my den overall with the BiC CP blade on the lowest aggression setting.

4. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Stellar shave with big Napoleon - ready for Mother's Day :chores016:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Baume.be Shaving Cream
    Romera Wengue Chubby Manchurian Badger
    John & Wm Ragg Napoleon 7/8
    Shulton Old Spice After Shave

F58645C8-53C4-47D5-945E-69F231DC1297.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

5. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Sunday’s Shave

[​IMG]
    Stando Single Edge “Rod” / Schick Proline
    Rearden Razors Stainless Steel 26mm Silvertip
    Noble Otter Neon Sun Shaving Soap & Aftershave

6. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thanks, Gary!

7. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Sunday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Razor: Noonan & Son Domino 5/8 Half Hollow
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timber Wolf
    Bowl: Creek Road Pottery 5½”
    Pre-Shave Scrub: Holy Black True Grit – Coffee
    Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Mandarin and Cardamom
    Shave Soap: Tallow + Steel Sàsq’ets
    Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
    Aftershave: Tallow + Steel Sàsq’ets

8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

IMG_2512.jpg
    Razor: Schick Type C
    Blade: Twin Injector
    Brush: PAA 400
    Soap: Caties Bubbles Tonsorial Parlour
    A/S: Pinaud Citrus Musk

Fantastic Shave. I dont know if its the razor or the blade or both, but what a shave. I love this scent its just so fresh with citrus and the lather I make from it is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD : 8th May 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
    Brush: Omega 49.
    Mug Lather.
    Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D1)
    Razor: Ever-Ready 1914. (US) (Brass)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Attraction Totale ASL./Cien Sensitive ASB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Ever Ready 1914 performed with smooth efficiency, mowing through my stubble with ease, making the shave a pleasurable experience.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

10. brit

brit in a box

sunday
    brit rfb
    platinum
    simpson
    fendrihan lemon soda
    fine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

IMG_20220508_151100_359.jpg
    Mühle R41
    Bic Chrome Platinum (4)
    RazoRock Keyhole
    Palmolive Sensitive SC
    The Veg

Have a great day!

12. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sunday morning:

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Shark day 12
    Lea Menthol SC
    Prep ASB
    Floid Vigoroso AS Splash

The last time I used this Lea Menthol cream was two years ago and I must use it more often because it’s so good. The scent is lovely, it’s so easy to lather up with, the menthol sensation is pretty strong but not overwhelming, and the skincare is good. The Prep felt so delightful when I massaged my face and neck with it, while the Floid Vigoroso aftershave gave me a terrific menthol kick along with its gorgeous barbershop scent. A three pass BBS work of art - in other words a shave fit for a king!

Have a good Sunday - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Focus Razoblique slant
    Voskhod teflon
    Frank Shaving silvertip
    Captain's Choice lime shave cream
    Aloe vera
    Ogallala bay rum
    Razoblique.JPG

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220508.jpg
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #433
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Iced Blue

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #433 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

15. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

4AA33F07-56C9-42B9-A435-DD09CEDE76AC.jpeg
    SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, MAY 8, 2022

Well the rain’s stopped. It’s an unseasonably cool 45°F with a 10° improvement in the offing. My geriatric cat, 18 yr old Mitten, the last remaining of my wife’s original three, had no interest in going out. He spends his days lying on the various heat vents around the house or sharing a warm sunny part of the carpet with Gromit, his dachshund buddy. They used to be rivals, as the Grom was very close to his littermate, Cassie, leading to conflicts for her attention. When she passed two months ago, they made up and now are apparently best buds. Gromit sits to my right as I write this, and Mitten to my left on the couch.

The mug shave was awesome. Although the Filarmonica Novodur 13 was well honed, I still decided to touch it up on the Suehiro Gokumyo 20k last night. The edge was immaculate under the USB microscope, but did have some very faint striations. Nine laps of a new technique polished the striations away leaving a mirror bright edge. Just out of curiosity, and from having heard others talk of stropless shaves following a Gokumyo 20k session, I decided to give it a whirl. My son had shared with me an advanced finishing technique he learned at a traditional Japanese Kamisori Honing workshop he attended in Seki City when he was in Japan on business a few years ago.

This combination honing/stone stropping technique was apparently developed for the final stage of sword honing/polishing using a jnat finisher, and demands a very fine finishing/polishing stone. After sword making was outlawed in Japan, the technique transferred to Kamisoris. It consists of five edge forward strokes followed by three spine leading strokes, and is completed with one edge forward stroke. Now in all fairness the edge was already great, but the mug shave that followed was “divine” to quote a green tea drinking, highly experienced, limey member (@palmolive fox) of our wet shaving fraternity. Just an incredible, buttery smooth, two and a half pass mug shave was the result that left yours truly in a state of blissful
    velveteen facial smoothness.

I am fortunate to have collected all three handle colors of the Durham Enders Speed Shaver, although it did take three years to locate the final butterscotch handled example. My first Durham Enders Speed Shaver was the green handled model which I selected for this morning’s noggin shave. My friend, Jeff (@jmudrick), our intrepid Shave Den Safety Razor historian, put me on to these beautifully crafted tools as superb noggin shavers. His credibility couldn’t be any better, since he also, along with Ryan (@PLANofMAN) through his writings and exhaustive thread knowledge at the Den, introduced me to my beloved Shake Sharps and the two DE blade stacking method for their optimal use. In any case two ATG passes with the Schick Proline B-20 injector adapter-equipped Speed Shaver left your happy narrator velveteen smooth from neck to noggin.

RAZOR: Filarmonica Novodur 13 (Mug), Durham Enders Speed Shaver (Dome)
    BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector Blade Adapter
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: JT LE Sapele/Resin Handled Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Great write-up. I'm going to put my MWF to work for a couple days this week.

Yehuda D, Ron R and MrDaniel's like this.
  17. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Razorock Game Changer / Vikings Sword
    Captain's Choice / 45th Parallel
    Simpson T3 20220427_130748.jpg 20200703_135143.jpg 20200731_135931.jpg

8/19/1942

18. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOTD Sunday May 8, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Pre: None
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Druantia
    Razor: Henson Mild
    Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Have an awesome Sunday!
    IMG_9640.jpg

19. brit

brit in a box

monday
    brit tech hybrid/nacet
    yaqi badger
    tfs corte sabauda
    lea

20220508_100244_edited.jpg

20220508_100150_edited.jpg

20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Yehuda D, MrDaniel's and brit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.