What to expect from Wolfman Razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Angelo85, May 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I recently signed up to be on Wolfman Razors waitlist after having a big win at the craps table; this will be my first Wolfman Razor. For those who have experience dealing with WR let me know what to expect. An additional question I have is do they customize the blade gap for your chosen razor head or are the razor heads built with a specific blade gap? Thank you in advance for any and all info.

2. VerbaVolant

VerbaVolant Active Member

Quality.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Angelo85 like this.
  3. Angelo85

I’ve heard their quality is top notch. About how long was the wait time for your Wolfman Razor? On the website it says about 4-5 months.

4. VerbaVolant

VerbaVolant Active Member

In 2015, when I bought my first two Wolfman razors, there was order by email and it took from the first week of February until last week of March, when they were shipped.
    There was also the Guerrilla Razor that took 5 days from order to delivery, back in 2017.

Angelo85 likes this.
  5. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Angelo, I was on the waitlist for almost three months. This was about a year ago. I received my razor 6 weeks after providing the specifications. I don’t mean to burst your bubble! I remember how excited I was at the prospect of receiving my first Wolfman, but honestly didn’t find the razor to shave any better than my Karve or Colonial Silversmith, both of which were less than half the price. I just sold mine about six months ago.

Your friend,

Jeff

stuartganis, Angelo85 and brit like this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Caveat Emptor, Angelo.
    Beautifully created razors, but shave no better than a RazoRock.
    You choose your gap and OC or SB or Combo. You'll choose a handle.
    I had a 1.15 gap and a Darwin handle. BIG mistake. The Darwin handle is quite uncomfortable (IMO). I, too, sold mine after about a month,
    These days, there are many Wolfman razors for sale on the aftermarket. The "bloom is off the rose", so to speak.
    I would purchase one second hand. You have choices now.
    Good Luck.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  7. brit

brit in a box

i love real reviews .awesome.:):eatdrink047:

Enrico, Hembree and stuartganis like this.
  8. Angelo85

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I greatly appreciate it.

Hembree and brit like this.
  9. Angelo85

I may, if I still go through with buying a razor from WR I may change my choice of handle. Currently I chose the Darwin handle in the waitlist form.

Hembree and brit like this.
  10. Angelo85

Yesterday I emailed WR to make sure I was on the list; OCD on my end and worrying I screwed up the form. They emailed me back saying yes I’m on the list and the wait time is 10-12 months.

brit and Hembree like this.
  11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    You are paying for the polishing job on a Wolfman razor. The quality of the polishing job is the one thing that sets Wolfman apart from other manufacturers.

brit and Angelo85 like this.
  12. Angelo85

Thanks for letting me know.

brit likes this.
  13. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

14. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
  15. ischiapp

Not shared. As always, I'm almost sure It'll be an arm and a leg.
    Or just the first. Maybe only the second.
    BUT not less than this.

Someone must pay the redesign job ...

PLANofMAN likes this.
  16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

All you need to know about Wolfman razors is to watch the BST threads on shave forums. If the prices are dropping or the razors are going unsold then you know supply has almost caught up to demand.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  17. ischiapp

Hembree likes this.
  18. ShaversRUs

ShaversRUs Well-Known Member

A basic brushed matte Wr2 is $450, with a regular handle. The Guerilla is now available in 3 different gaps. It costs 275 semoleons. What does the extra 175 smackeroos get you, since neither are polished? Is it because there is only one handle, and it is nowhere near as nice as the other handles?

I assume The Guerilla is closer to a WR1 than a WR2. They don't show pics of WR1 on their site.

I know you can't judge how it shaves from a pic, but The Guerilla looks a lot like a Feather AS-D2.

I'm not a chapter and verse guy when it comes to Wolfman razors, but apparently The Guerilla was first produced in 2017. That was after they were already producing other razors (I assume the WR1, and maybe WR2?)

I learned today that there is a "standard" gap for both the WR1 and WR2. All other gaps were produced (reluctantly) by Wolfman based on client requests. There seems to be a lot of controversy about why they don't publish more specs for their razors on their site. I don't want to cause controversy here, but I'm not sure why typing in a few numbers on their website would be so time consuming. They should at least publish the fact that they have standard gaps, and what they are.

I love the people who like to "speak" for Wolfman -- they don't need your business, there are plenty of people wating in line, etc. But remember, a wise man once said, "Be kind to the people you meet on the way up, because you will meet the same people on the way down."

Hembree likes this.
  19. ShaversRUs

ShaversRUs Well-Known Member

Shhh...don't tell anybody.

But doesn't everyone want to be the first kid on their block to have a Wolfman razor?:signs136:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    Hembree likes this.