SoS: May 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by ram57, Apr 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

the soap is as good as many others i like and use,less expensive than some,more than others.the scent and packaging are nice,the main reason i bought it.:)

jgreenepa, Ron R, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  2. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

SUNDAY'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Razor - Gillette Red Tip Superspeed circa 1955-1960 (Re-plated in Satin-Nickel Finish and re-painted tip in Radiant Red color by Razor Emporium.)
    Blade - [​IMG] *2nd shave
    Shave Brush - Ever-Ready 1960's vintage (Polished and re-knotted with a synthetic 26mm Ubersoft II knot from Envyshave by Razor Emporium.)
    Shave Stand by by Desire Metal Works
    Shave Soap - Artifact Soapworks - Old Spice Type
    Aftershave - Procter & Gamble Old Spice "Classic"
    Post-Shave Balm - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements "Mysterium Serum"
    Deodorant - Procter & Gamble Old Spice "Classic"
    Fragrance - Procter & Gamble Old Spice "Classic"

3. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

4. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday

[​IMG]

RazoRock SS Hawk V3 / Feather Pro
    Vintage Made Rite 24mm Oumo 2-band
    Fine Snake Bite Shavie Soap & Aftershave

5. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Paul beat me to it.

I am going to hold off another week before trying mine again as the rain last two days has kicked up and stirred the pollen on the ground.

jgreenepa, MrDaniel's and brit like this.
  6. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Menthol Monday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline
    Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D1)
    Brush: Zenith H1 Horse 28mm
    Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 4 5½” Cypress Sinker Log
    Pre-Shave Scrub: Holy Black True Grit – Coffee
    Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
    Shave Soap: Yeti Snot
    Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
    Aftershave: Alcolado Glacial

7. brit

brit in a box

i think it would be worth the wait..:):eatdrink047:.it's not groundbreaking or revolutionary,but a lovely warm scent .i wish there were an edt or cologne available.

8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

IMG_2704.jpg
    Tonights shave was damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday

[​IMG]

RazoRock SS Hawk V3 / Feather Pro
    Vintage Made Rite 24mm Oumo 2-band
    Fine Snake Bite Shavie Soap & Aftershave

10. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

20220516_135418-01.jpeg
    Gillette Super Slim Twist
    Bic Chrome Platinum (4)
    Simpson Trafalgar T2
    Proraso Blue SC
    Brut AS

Have a great day!

11. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Focus Razoblique Slant
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Platinum
    Maggard 2 Band
    TOBS Avocado Shave Cream
    Aloe Vera
    Phoenix Shaving Pineapple Bay Rum
    Razoblique.JPG

12. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Not quite a Grand Freeze but still pretty cold!

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Wilkinson Sword day 7
    MSC Frosted Bay Rum SS
    Prep ASB
    Floid Vigoroso AS Splash

Another awesome shave with one of the nicest soaps I ever used in my life - thanks so much Fernando!

Have a good week - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smooth Steve, MoAllen, ram57 and 14 others like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220516.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Tea Tree Body Bar
    Jayaruh #423
    Pre-War Fat Handle Tech
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #423 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Pre-War Fat Handle Tech Razor with a Gillette Silver Blue Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

14. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 16 May 2022

Henson Medium razor
    Gillette 365 blade
    Maggard Synthetic brush
    Tamara SC
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Assorted A/S

Another week, another Egyptian SC though this is the last of the Egyptians I have. This week features Tamara SC which, to me, smells a lot like Barbus SC. The cream works well, easily lathering and giving very good skincare. I like it. All the other parts worked well and a fine shave was had. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

t2.jpg

15. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The other recent arrival from @gssixgun sporting new shoes and a malachite wedge. Wonderful follow up shave to the CVH MK32. This razor was a bit of lagniappe from @lindyhopper66 but needed new scales. I really like this razor :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
    Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    Tuckmar 6/8
    Castle Forbes Lavender After Shave Balm

DE73D206-AFE1-4BDD-87AA-7EB3AE384556.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, May 16th, 2022 ASRazor shave this morning.

Razor : Ever Ready streamliner 2nd Generation- Mfg 1949-53, Upper mid range, ER Stream liner razor shaves differently than a lot of Gem razors but once dialed in does perform well. The blade is forward feeling because of placement of blade stops.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock Don Marco, nice citrus scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi 26mm Moka 2 band badger- excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : witch hazel soap residual beard cleanse + Nivea refreshing lotion + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Ever Ready Streamliner with a coated Gem blade.
    SOTD May 16 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  17. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

2A920DB9-A039-455F-9E67-1B9627B4B6F1.png
    SOTD MONDAY MORNING, MAY 16, 2022

Edward Weck emigrated from Solingen, Germany and opened his cutlery company showroom in 1890 in Manhattan, with manufacturing facilities in Brooklyn.

According to “Brownstoner”,
    “Weck invented the precursor of the multi-blade razor, and patented it in 1909.”

[n.b. Incorrect!! In actuality, they’d been around quite awhile. Antoinne LeCoultre invented the first replaceable blade razor in 1830, 79 yrs earlier]

“It was called the Weck Sextoblade. The “sex” in “sextoblade” for all those whose imaginations just woke up, meant “six.” Sorry! Weck’s razor came with six blades all attached at the base, able to be folded back into the handle and secured by a safety guard. Each blade could be extended when needed, and if all were stropped and sharpened at once, this razor could last a long time before the next sharpening. For its day, it was quite revolutionary.”

In 1917 he incorporated under the name ‘Edward Weck & Son’, finally passing away from heart disease in 1922. His son, Albert, moved the company into surgical instruments, made for both the military and medical community. The company continued until 1999 when it was acquired by Squibb. Today’s mug shave featured my Weck Sextoblade. The razor came from the estate of a third party beauty/shaving supplies salesman and former barber, according to his great-granddaughter.

My first shave with it featured a newly purchased Personna hair shaper blade, however, I noticed that the spine appeared to have a fair bit of hone wear. From the deep grooves observed, I would suspect the rather rough use of a Diamond plate. In any case, I removed and soaked the original Sextoblade blade that arrived with the razor in barbicide when it first arrived about 7 months ago, That morning I ran it across my Swaty barber’s hone with some Smith’s Honing oil, after placing it back in the razor, until the edge looked good under my USB microscope.

I believe that the original blade had never been removed, as I was unable to remove it with my fingers when it first arrived, and needed a needle nose pliers to do so. Judging by the amount of shave residue on the original Sextoblade blade coupled with the hone wear on the spine, I believe the former owner treated it just like a regular straight and never removed it from the razor. In fact the original blade looks like it is double beveled. The shave angle on this old antique tool is virtually identical to the angle I use with my regular straight razors. My new Koenig barber’s hone and a little shave cream polished up the blade nicely. The two and a half pass mug shave with it that followed this morning was excellent leaving me smooth as a peach.

Unlike many of my shave brothers and sisters out there, I’ve never been a fan of Gillette TTO’s. I do own a few, but have been selling all but my father’s and grandfather’s safety razors. My father owned two Gillette adjustables, a Gold Black Beauty long handled adjustable and a Slim. My grandfather shaved with an old beat up single ring from a WWI military khaki kit that I also have. The only Gillettes that really ring my chimes, however, are any of the second generation ‘New’ models. So this morning I grabbed my silver plated Gillette New Standard/Bostonian, loaded a fresh Feather blade and had at my noggin stubble! Two delightful ATG passes later and your happy narrator was smooth as a peach from noggin to neck.

RAZOR: Weck Sextoblade (Mug), Gillette New Standard/Bostonian (Dome)
    BLADE: Feather DE (Dome)
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: JR LE #374 Cashmere Synth
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.

18. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Only the second shave, with this razor, since I restored it. I dug it out of the pile, gave it a couple of laps on the strop, and it delivered a perfectly smooth 2 pass shave, the left me BBS. Zero issues. Very well made American razor.

Razor- "The Blacky". Union B.S. Co. Baltimore Md.
    Brush- The Brush "B-400", by Tom(@twhite ). Omega Boar knot.
    Soap- Taylor of Old Bond Street(TOBS) "Eaton College"
    Aftershave- Vintage Shulton Old Spice. Mmmmm Mmmmm Goood.

P5160034.JPG

19. brit

brit in a box

monday
    new sc/nacet
    bbj custom 10098
    sv
    acqua di selva

[​IMG]

20220516_075824_edited.jpg

20. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member