SoS: June 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220610.JPG
    Thursday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #313 Badger
    Rolls Traveler
    1953 Rolls Blade
    CWR
    Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #313 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Rolls Traveler Razor with a 1953 Rolls Blade Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Friday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Wilkinson Sword/Shark day 3
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill ASB
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill AS Splash

Lemony scented icicles in my face - this Glacial Lemon Chill is an absolute delight. The soap is tallow based like all of Rod’s soaps, the scent is so beautiful - fresh, tangy lemon with powerful menthol fumes, the lather explodes off my Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole synthetic which is so gorgeous looking and such a great performer, the menthol sensation is off the charts, and the skincare is so brilliant. The matching balm and aftershave have the same lovely scent as well as the same intense freeze. Three passes resulted in a magnificent BBS shave that was so much fun!

Have a good weekend - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Fatboy /Gillette Stainless
    Razorock Mudder Focker
    Heritage Eveready 500E / Synthetic 20220607_162526.jpg

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

5. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOTD Saturday June 11, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Valley of Ashes
    Razor: Henson AL13 Medium
    Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (2)
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Have a great day!
    IMG_9903.jpg upload_2022-6-10_11-59-21.png

6. Thorsten69

Thorsten69 Well-Known Member

SotD
    SV Opuntia - Shaving Soap.
    Vintage (Georg Hiltner) Thermos Limited Silver No. 24 - Silvertip Shaving Brush.
    Vintage Hugo Büchner Mond Extra Silver (No Rotbart) - Safety Razor.
    Vintage Halston Limited Sterling - After Shave.
    Vintage Halston Limited Sterling - EdC.
    -
    The Halston Limited. :)
    A brutally brilliant fragrance from the mid-1980s.
    Incredibly complex yet finely tuned. A fragrance journey that has it all.
    There is hardly anything that contains such a symphony of several fragrance components. A classic "can opener" then and still today.
    I now know very little that comes close to this fragrance, so I chose the Opuntia shaving soap, which has a basic similarity but is still far removed from the tone of the throat.
    The old Büchner Mond Extra, silver-plated, is a bit reminiscent of the old Gillette pocket editions. Quite similar when it comes to shaving.
    The old Thermos shaving brush, which weighs a whopping 365 grams, has an ultra-great trimmings. Real silver tip, tightly bound and probably from 1995 in a limited edition, silver-plated with engraving. Everything very, very high quality.
    The Georg Hiltner shaving brush factory was founded in Nuremberg in 1895. Very little information can be found online, so the brush including the engraving and the number 24 were probably made in 1995 for employees or for special customers.
    -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD Friday June 10th 2022

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant, MFG 2017> upper mid range, I use a steep angle (ridding the bar) for this razor because of the large curved head design. Sort handle works well with razor and other aggressive razors I have concluded. Excellent shave today.
    Blade : Personna red (2) sharp & smooth with great blade longevity.
    Soap : Gillette Pure cream, nice pleasant mid range scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Sagrada Familia 22mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with a Personna red blade.
    SOTD June 10 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

8. brit

brit in a box

beautiful set..:cool:

9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick G/DIY Handle Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Omega Boar Brueh
    Cella Crema Da Barba Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Lustray Draggon Noir EDT

Untitled.jpg

stuartganis, Ron R, Yehuda D and 13 others like this.
  10. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The Never Fail lived up to it’s name again - always a reliable, close, and easy shave :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger
    Ethos Lisse Collection Lavender Shave Soap
    Nielsen’s Never Fail 5/8
    Ethos Lisse Collection Lavender Skin Food Splash

FC110BEB-BD02-49CB-9F97-110B513D3642.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

stuartganis, Ron R, Yehuda D and 12 others like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

citrus saturday
    brit 'crat jr
    platinum
    simpson sunspot le
    mickey lee
    fine

20220610_173821_edited.jpg

20220610_173821 (1)_edited.jpg

12. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Saturday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Razor: Supply Provision The Single Edge
    Blade: Schick (D6)
    Brush: Omega 6240 25mm Silvertip
    Bowl: Olivewood 6"
    Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African black soap
    Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
    Shave Soap: Tallow + Steel Morikami
    Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
    Aftershave: Tallow + Steel Morikami

stuartganis, MoAllen, Ron R and 10 others like this.
  13. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Saturday 06.11.22
    Alpha Claymore Evolution / Fearher Pro
    Restored Rubberset 200-4 28mm 2BED Fan
    P&B Albion Shaving Soap / Lucky Tiger Aftershave

stuartganis, MoAllen, Ron R and 10 others like this.
  14. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD : 11th June 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather : Erasmic Shave cream.
    Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D1)
    Razor: Gem Micromatic. (OC)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

(Face & head Shave.)

( Vintage SE Razor & Birthday presents Week.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...carry on with with another vintage SE razor week. Starting with the Gem Micromatic OC...Like all my other vintage SE razors my shaving angle is almost sliding flat against the skin using short strokes with each pass..It does take a few shave's to adjust using vintage SE razors, but it's well worth the effort to do so.

What i like about vintage SE & injector razors is the rigid stability & thickness of the blades which helps to eliminate blade chatter, and gives wonderful audio feedback whilst shaving.
    The Gem Micromatic OC is the most efficient of all my vintage SE razors that mows down my face and stubble with effortless ease...However as with any razor i have mentioned in many of my posting's, regardless if it's aggressive or non-aggressive, respect good technique, shaving confidence, & near-no pressure is essential.

The Erasmic Shave cream, P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL is one of two bottle's, along with two Milton Lloyd EDT sprays. i got as birthday present's from family and friends..The O.S. Hawkridge ASL has a musky spice scent which paired together with the mild scented Erasmic Shave cream very nicely.

Another close comfortable face & head shave with errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face and precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

15. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

16. Yehuda D

brit likes this.
  17. Yehuda D

Saturday morning:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Wilkinson Sword/Shark day 4
    MSC Vintage Spice SS
    CutiBase Moisturizer
    MSC Vintage Spice AS Splash

This Vintage Spice soap and aftershave are simply and absolutely WONDERFUL. As I’ve said before many times the scent is so beautiful - it’s 100% the same as the original Shulton Old Spice, the soap’s tallow formula gives it such awesome lather that’s so thick, rich, mega slick and protective, not to mention how soothing it is. The CutiBase moisturizer is great as a balm, and the Vintage Spice aftershave is witch hazel based so there’s no burning or stinging from it, and the scent lasts all day. What a delightful three pass BBS shave this was!

Have a good weekend - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220611.JPG
    Saturday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #313 Badger
    Rolls Traveler
    1953 Rolls Blade
    CWR
    Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne

This is my sixth shave in a row with the Rolls. I stropped the blade before and after each shave, and my confidence kicked in about the second shave. It's been a great week of Rolls shaves.

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #313 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Rolls Traveler Razor with a 1953 Rolls Blade Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  19. brit

brit in a box

thank you my friend.:):eatdrink047:
    absolutely fabulous spice shave Jeff.:cool:

Yehuda D and palmolive fox like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Sat, June 11th 2022

Razor : Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> tame mid range, interesting design for clamping blade, one of my favorite razors, small head design means small parts to handle(I assemble under a wash cloth). Corners of safety bar could of been dulled a little more.
    Blade : Schick proline P30(3)- sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeers Rapier- nice addictive mid range scent with excellent lather qualities. Designed for Yaqi by Master soap creations S.A. is my understanding.
    Brush : Yaqi orbital ring 24mm boar bristle- excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hairs, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 safety bar corner edge scrap or nick=[​IMG] excellent shave with my V2 Excalibur 50mm with a Schick proline p30.
    SOTD June 11 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.