Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 16th June

Jayaruh Syn No67
    Tabac
    Yaqi Raster 1
    Feather Proguard ( 3 )
    Tabac A/S Lotion

The jury is out with the use of this blade in the Raster. The Razor dragged a lot during initial clearance of Two days growth, and though the finish was generally good, I could get the edges around the lips clear.

EEE8D96F-CFD4-425A-98B1-6F425DDEA11D.jpeg

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220617.JPG
    Friday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Van der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap
    Bunny B400 Badger by T. White
    Bunny V3 Injector by T. White
    Supply Black Label injector
    CWR
    English Leather AS

The Van der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap lathered well with the Bunny B400 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Bunny V3 Injector Razor with the NOTSO comb and a Supply Black Label injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with English Leather AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, June 17th 2022

Razor : Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> excellent tame mid range, interesting design for clamping, very nimble, small head parts. A joy to use and affordable.
    Blade :Schick proline P30,AC, 50mm (4)- Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade IMO.
    Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. Triple milled for longevity.
    Brush : Yaqi Deep rocks 24mm boss knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like tip softness, nice scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur with a Schick proline.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

4. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 17th June

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
    Vitos Super Red
    Yaqi Raster V2
    Feather Proguard ( 4 )
    Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

Today I used the second of my Rasters, also fitted with a Feather Proguard Blade.Dealing with only a days growth this was a much pleasanter Shave than yesterday, and the overall finish quality was better. Must try The Raster out with some different blades.

125477FE-78C3-4D50-977A-7E5A6364BABA.jpeg

5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 18th June
    EndGem Speed 3D ••• - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Wickham Gothic Revival - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Irisch Moos - Wickham Gothic Revival Balm
    [​IMG]

6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220618.JPG
    Saturday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Bunny V3 Injector by T. White
    Supply Black Label injector
    CWR
    English Leather AS

The Van der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap lathered well with the Bunny B400 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Bunny V3 Injector Razor with the NOTSO comb and a Supply Black Label injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with English Leather AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220619.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    J.A. Henckels Rapide
    Henckels Wedge
    CWR
    English Leather AS

The Van der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap lathered well with the Bunny B400 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the J.A. Henckels Rapide Razor with a Henckels Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with English Leather AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, June 19, 2022

Razor : Stick Schick theme injector, MFG 1973- mild razor, light touch works well, handle is longer than I like but still enjoyable.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE (8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda cream, very nice mild lavender scent, excellent lather qualities. Lavender soaps give me some of the best irritation weeper free shaves have noticed over the years. Lavender oil qualities?
    Brush : Yaqi dandelion 24mm Cashmere synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Ursa, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 19th June

Cyril Salter.MS ED2band
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Occams Oren
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 4 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Any worries about its looks, are quickly dispelled when you have this Razor in your hand. Actually feels good and is very manoeuvrable, resist any urge to use pressure and a top class finish is achievable every time.

52B90B86-0E8F-41E6-A193-3504E94DBC3A.jpeg

10. Electrif

Monday 20th June
    Triceratops 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Monsavon au lait - Cadman Custom - Williams Aqua Velva - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, June 20th, 2022

Razor : Micromatic clog Pruf(Peerless model 17tooth)- Mfg 1945, mid range, well built to last, all brass + nice shave.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Ach Brito Lavada cream, nice mild lavender scent with excellent lather qualities. Great cream!
    Brush : Yaqi Mountain lake 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrub, great lather painter.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my MMCP with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

12. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Yesterday and today's shaves were great.

IMG_20062022_225716_(950_x_949_pixel).jpg
    IMG_20062022_225802_(1170_x_1170_pixel).jpg

palmolive fox, Jayaruh, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 21st June

Alpha Syn 28mm
    MWF
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 2 )
    Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

My first use of a Proguard in this version of The Claymore that takes most Blades. I find it very smooth but also efficient. I had a most satisfying Shave and managed to clear away even the usual stubborn ares of growth, and am left with a bit of a “ Face Stroker”.

2680AC12-8700-4054-A158-4E11A0971ABC.jpeg

14. Electrif

Wednesday 22nd June
    Triceratops 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #4 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Yaqi Moka Express - Old Spice Original - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

15. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

It's always fun taking the Schick type C1 out for a shave.

IMG_23062022_211937_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

16. Electrif

Friday 24th June
    TNNSER 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #5 - OSP Bay Rum - Virginia Sheng Purtech - Electrif's Bay Rum v2 - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 23rd June

Alpha Syn 28mm
    P & B Spitfire
    ER “ Streamline “
    Gem S/S ( 6 )
    P & B Spitfire A/S splash

Am afraid the blade may be off a bit, as the usual quality finish that I get with this Razor is below par.

B9E91594-6862-4194-B9F1-7C60046D5D82.jpeg

18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 24th June

Omega 11126 boar
    Hampshire Wool Fat soap
    ER 1924
    Gem S/S ( 6 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

A much nicer Shave today, quite smooth with a good close finish, confirms that the blade in The “ Streamline “ was definitely off yesterday.

B2BB9629-9EBA-417B-9DF0-778BE78C9AD7.jpeg

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, June 24th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> great tame mid range, unique blade clamping system, small razor head parts. I get great shaves from this razor consistently.
    Blade : Schick proline P30 (5)- Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap : Razorock Don Marco, nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Tailcoat 24 mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Razorock Amici AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur 50mm with a Schick proline P30.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 25th June

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
    Officina Artigiana
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 2 )
    Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

As I was due to be out for the day officiating, my obvious choice was The Evo.It feels like cheating a bit, using a Razor that is unlikely to bite and which delivers a quality finish that last throughout the day.

730B93F5-3561-424B-827B-CBED0A542228.jpeg