June 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Thursday June 23, 2022

Razor: Supply 2.0 matte black injector with SE comb plate / Supply Black Label blade (8)
    Brush: Jayaruh JR #267 burled maple handle with Omega Pro 49 boar knot
    Soap: MWF

Last shave was Tuesday morning, so a bit of stubble to remove. The blade is still fine on its 8th use. I did "one pass and done" to an overall DFS result. However, I was careless and heavy-handed this morning and the alum stung slightly in a few spots. No nicks or actual razorburn though. I used my Nivea for the first time in a couple of years, mainly as a precaution.

I would have to say, if I had pressed equally hard and shaved as roughly with any other razor, including this one with my previous normal "two-dot" plate, a Schick "E", or any DE including a Gillette Tech -- I would have seen actual blood. Says absolutely nothing good about my shaving technique today, but I find Supply's new "nick proof" design of their new Supply SE injector razor to be truly truly impressive!

JACarbone, ewk, Hogie and 2 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Way to check out Supply's nick proof plate John. Enjoy your day!

3. Trigger

June 23 SOTD

Good afternoon

Face and dome shave

20220623_164349.jpg

1955 Gillette Redtip
    Gillette 7 o'clock Perma-Sharp DE Blade (4,1)
    Omega Pro 49 Boar Brush (Face)
    JR #290 Cashmere Brush not pictured (Dome)
    Arko SS
    Old Spice AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth 30 hrs
    Dome Growth: 2+ days

I have to say this Arko soap is just an awesome slick soap. Did 3 passes on my face and got a near BBS shave. After the face shave, I replaced the blade with a fresh one for my headshave. Did 3 passes with touchups for a cueball smooth dome. I am glad to say there wasn't any blood loss or irritation anywhere.

I have to say that I rarely use the Gillette Redtip for headshaves because it's not aggressive for me, but I have been learning that I can get great DE shaves without using über aggressive razors. Mind you, I do prefer aggressive razors and very sharp blades. On my headshave, I also switched to my JR 290 cashmere brush for the dome shave because I like the feel of it versus the Pro 49.

Some alum feedback on my neck, but nothing else was singing in my face and dome. Witch hazel and the Old Spice applications ended the shaves on a nice note.
    Have a great evening.

Hogie, JACarbone, ewk and 1 other person like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

awesome red tip shave Joe..:cool:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

fine shave John.:cool:

Screwtape, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

up for tomorrow..
    20220623_151637_edited1.jpg

Hogie, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  7. Trigger

Thanks Gary. :)

JACarbone and brit like this.
  8. Trigger

JACarbone and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  10. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

June 30/30 -- Yuma, Act II

Razor: Yuma
    Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Cities from Space
    Blade: Nacet
    Soap: B&M Nordost
    A/S: Captain's Choice Lime

Tonight's shave revealed two unsurprising discoveries. First, the Yuma, like most any razor, performs much better with a sharper blade. Second, the Usta lacks sharpness. Both face and dome required significant touch ups after two passes, particularly in notoriously stubborn areas. Nevertheless, the Yuma did not irritate the skin, and I achieved a far smoother shave than last night using the Usta blade. The Yuma has not earned the rank of "high efficiency," but it is a basic inexpensive blade holder that provides a smooth comfortable shave. Some soap samples came in today's mail! If you like orange, you will LOVE Nordost.

IMG_20220623_200545653.jpg

11. Trigger

Excellent shave Eric! Nacets have a great rep for being smooth and sharp. Although I am not a bowl latherer, I like your shaving bowl. I have heard that Nordost has a nice orange scent. Have a great night.

Hogie, brit, JACarbone and 1 other person like this.
  12. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Thanks, Joe. The bowl came as a set with the razor from Turkey. I found the set when searching for the razor. As soon as I discovered Nacet blades, I stocked up. They are my favorite, and with about 300, I should be good for the rest of my life :) . What I really like about the Nordost is there is no detectable "smokiness," in spite of the label. Just a deep sweet rich orange scent.

Hogie, brit, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Gary

brit and Trigger like this.
  14. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice cryptic shave Gary.

brit and Trigger like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Nice Supply shave John

Screwtape, brit and Trigger like this.
  16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Do e Arko shave Joe.

Hogie, brit and Trigger like this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Nordost is some good stuff Eric. Excellent shave.

Hogie, brit, ewk and 1 other person like this.
  18. Trigger

You are trying to take over my title of King of typos. Thanks on both counts.

JACarbone, Hogie and brit like this.
  19. Trigger

I like orange scents, however, I stayed away from Nordost because of it's smokiness. Now based on your review, I may have to reconsider. Have you tried Stirling Satsuma? It has a mandarin orange scent.

JACarbone, Hogie, brit and 1 other person like this.
  20. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

No, I have not tried Satsuma. I do have Smoky Grapefruit, and it is very smoky; not really my style either.

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.