Any collectors of vintage Brut Faberge

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Ian Wheeler, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Ian Wheeler

Ian Wheeler New Member

Hi, I have what I believe to be a rare sealed/unused bottle of Brut by Faberge from the 1960s-70s and was hoping there is either someone knowledgeable who can give me some information about it as I cannot find the same bottle anywhere!! Or if there are any collectors who would be interested in it. I have literally spent weeks trawling the internet, I don’t know if this means anything but it has ‘bottle made in France, Faberge’ on the base and has 60cc on it, which seems unusual. It also has ‘essence de Brut’ on it, which again I haven’t seen anywhere else. I’ve even contacted Brutworld who unfortunately weren’t any help! I have also looked up fake bottles as it seems ridiculous that I can’t trace it anywhere. If you can help please reply to this and I will give contact details. Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I have seen some who collect it. But, you don't see it often. The vintage stuff is harder to find, and it commands a steep price, from what I have seen. I bought some a few years ago(it came as a bundle with some Old Spice). I didn't care for it, and tucked it away. It might still be around somewhere.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The knockoff versions available today are almost identical to the original. Got a U.S. made bottle at FamDol the other day for $2, good stuff.

4. Ian Wheeler

Ian Wheeler New Member

DaltonGang Thank you for your post, I have since found out via the web that in 1972 Brut started a range of essence de brut but it only lasted until 1974, so assume that my bottle came within that time. Alas, I still haven’t found this particular bottle or any other bottle with essence de brut on. If this is any help to anyone I still seek information and possible interest in purchasing.
    Thanks so much, Ian

5. Ian Wheeler

Ian Wheeler New Member

???? I’ve had it for 40 years!! So definitely not ‘knock off’, if you find one the same, would you send a picture please mate?

6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I know yours is original - - I am saying only that current duplicates are very close. Anyway, I never saw that bottle design before. European issue, must be, hence the rarity.

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Brut by Faberge cologne is the same formula as the original aftershave. The current aftershave (marketed by someone other than Brut 33) is a watered down version of the original.

So yes, the original Brut is still available.

From what little I've read of "Essence de Brut," it appears to be the (or a) Parfum (Perfume or concentrated) version of Brut.

gorgo2 and Ian Wheeler like this.