July 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Joe.

I'll probably run one head for a week.

brit, JACarbone, Hogie and 2 others like this.
  2. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

2nd July 2022.

TSD.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather : Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (grated)
    Blade: Personna PTFE SS. (D1.)
    Razor: Schick Type G Injector.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

(Face & Head Shave.)

Greetings,

(Tribute month to a great shaving Friend.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Starting the month off with as a tribute to a fellow shaving friend Jeff @jgreenepa who at the moment due to an adverse reaction to his medication he is now in an ICU. My thoughts are with him and his family wishing him a speedy recovery.

Thanks to him In early January this year he kindly gifted me the Schick Type G Injector along with a Gem Featherweight SE razor, a fresh magazine of Personna PTFE SS injector blade & a few Ted Pella PTFE SS Gem blades, which gave me a great opportunity to venture and experience the wonderful world of vintage SE Injector Razors which have became my favourite shaving tools. Especially for dome/ head shaving.

So as a tribute to him i will be using the same soap brush, & both the Schick Type G, & Gem Featherweight SE razors for the remainder of the month. Starting with the Schick Type G Injector fitted with a fresh Personna PTFE SS blade.

An enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...The Schick Injector's are such smooth efficient razors.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    mrchick, wristwatchb, brit and 4 others like this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Great shave Barry! It's a terrific idea to dedicate your shaves to Jeff for July. I am sure he would appreciate it. Have a super Saturday afternoon.

brit, JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  4. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe.

5. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Today was a very pleasant shave with the Hawk v3. The blade was getting dull so, not as close as I like. I have binned the blade. I think it shaved me 8 times. Even with the extra strokes trying to get close I got zero feedback from the alum bar.

I am using the Mitchell's Wool Fat this month as well as the Hawk razor. My face is still a little sore from yesterday with the brass Micromatic that is missing the hooks that secure the blade at the leading edge but, I did not open any old cuts or raise any irritation.

Proraso Blue cools the face. Thayers calms the face and the Geo F. Trumper feeds the skin.

Brush was my Simpson Trafalgar T1 synthetic.

3 pass shave with minimal cleanup before I gave up on the blade and binned it. I will clean up tomorrow with a freash Professional blade. Now I know that one week is my limit with these blades. WTG, ATG, XTG.

No feedback from alum bar. Washed face with brush squeezings.

I hope all have a fine day. Overcast and rainy here this morning. I am glad I went for my ride yesterday.

DSCN8005.JPG

mrchick, brit, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  6. Trigger

Super Saturday shave, pic and setup Hogie! It's overcast here on Long Island, too.

7. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I will see if I can polish off that MWF puck in the mug this month. I have another ready when this one is gone. I may still blend TOBS cream in. It still works since Taylors is made in England so, it fits the month theme. I will use the Hawk all month and try different combos of base plates and blades. Pre-shave cream may change too. :)

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  8. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave Danny. Enjoy your holiday weekend.

Hembree, brit, Hogie and 1 other person like this.
  9. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Fab SE shave, Barry!

10. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Wild looking razors! I love them Trafalgar brushes! I have all 3! :cool:

Fine shave, Danny!

Hembree, brit, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

6156886E-D0D3-4445-B390-F7B1FC409CA8.jpeg

DE Shave # 410

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette SS Red Tip TTO (1959 E-1)
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
    Brush: MrEE Limited Edition #017 Cashmere 24 mm
    Lather: Stirling Weekend in Malibu
    Aftershave: Stirling Weekend in Malibu
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

Dreary muggy morning here on LI. This picture was taken 5 minutes before a nice downpour. It seems like this will be the weather for most of the day.

I decided to use the Stirling Weekend in Malibu soap/splash combination this morning to combat the dreary weather. It is a nice summertime scent. I am debating weather to pick up a full sized aftershave. I had picked up samples of the soap and splash about two years ago before I imposed a NB on soaps. The Stirling soap samples last a long time. For me about 25 shaves. Definitely a bargain compared to other samples out there.

The Gillette Red Tip performed perfectly. Three passes without any issues delivered a superbly close shave. Now I am off to my son’s Ju Jitsu class.
    602B2028-72E1-4000-AEA1-B1520EE76115.jpeg
    I hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

mrchick, wristwatchb, brit and 4 others like this.
  12. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Another fine Fat shave Hogie.

brit, Trigger and Hogie like this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice tribute to a wonderful ambassador to our wet shaving hobby, @jgreenepa. I will look forward to your many fine shaves throughout the month. Have a great weekend Barry.

14. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Fine looking red tip, Joe! I will have to use mine more but, this month it's the Hawk.
    I had severe thunderstorms here last night. You must be getting the tail end of that. It is trying to clear out here but, they are calling for more storms this afternoon so, I am staying home.
    Have a fab day, Joe!:git:

15. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

One July -- One Humankind -- Shave 2
    Saturday Morning Luxury Shave Edition

Razor: Gillette Tech ( K2 - 1965)
    Blade: vintage Schick
    Brush: Omega boar
    Soap: Wholly Kaw -- 1776
    A/S: Royall Spyce

Very nice two pass shave on face and dome this morning in a classic American razor contemporary with the vintage Schick blade. The soap is a tribute to the Declaration of Independence and the ideal to which we strive but have not yet achieved. The aftershave is a tribute to an awesome smelling product from Bermuda that pairs perfectly with the soap and is particularly special because it was a gift from my Dad this time last year when I helped them move.

original_398b0a9c-f309-4b6e-b78c-5f328f753112_IMG_20220702_083237011.jpg

mrchick, Hogie, brit and 3 others like this.
  16. Trigger

Nice shave Joe! I agree that the Stirling samples last a long time.

brit, JACarbone and Hogie like this.
  17. Trigger

Excellent choice for your shaving setup that resulted in a nice shave Eric!

Hogie, brit, JACarbone and 1 other person like this.
  18. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe...Have a great weekend as well. Yours-Barry.:happy088:

Hogie, brit, JACarbone and 1 other person like this.
  19. palmolive fox

:signs001: Gary.

20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Hogie. Yes, we are in for a roller coaster ride with the weather today.

brit, Trigger and Hogie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.