Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Sunday 26th June
    TNNSER 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #6 - Wolfpac Italian Orchard - Yaqi Robin - Osmanli Lemon Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220626.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Vintage Life Morning TOST
    Tom's Brush B-3 Badger
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS

The Vintage Life Morning TOST Shave Soap lathered well with Tom's Brush B-3 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, June 26th 2022

Razor : Schick e2 injector, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930'-40's, excellent mid range, very light weight (1OZ), still needs a light touch for those close shaves. Favorite of all my injector razors because of efficentcy and short handle + easy cleaning.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE (1) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice rich sent of Vanilla with hint of tobacco + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Artic sky 24 mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle scrub, excellent painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Personna blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

4. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

For today's shave I chose the Star test unit razor. This capless prototype razor shaves very well. It's interesting that it shares the March 24-14 patent date with the Eve-Ready 1914 aka Little Lather Catcher.
    Also it does not show very well in the photo but my Zenith boar is finally starting to develop split ends. Thanks @infernalinternal (on Instagram) for the information on using a blow dryer to dry the brush after soaking.

IMG_26062022_155531_(1098_x_1100_pixel).jpg IMG_26062022_155605_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg IMG_26062022_155549_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Nice unique razor Greg, I once read they where used for salesman visiting retail stores to show the benefits of ASR razors !?

6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, June 27th 2022

Razor :
    Gem Pushbutton- Mfg 1958-65, excellent tame mid range, theme razor for that time era possibly when cars had push button transmission shifting instead of stick shift levers.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice vanilla scent with light scent of tobacco + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Moka 24mm synthetic, excellent lather qualities, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber, excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Great shave with my Gem Bush button with a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

7. GAW9576

Interesting. I saw an old picture of a buch of guys at booths literally testing out razors for product development. That's what I believe this one to be. I thought the ones for salesmen to take around were labeled For Demonstration or Demonstrator. At least that's what I've seen on Durham razors

8. Electrif

Tuesday 28th June
    Raptor 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Alpha Outlaw - Old Spice - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 29th June

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
    Vitos Super Red
    ER 1912 Bathroom Set
    Gem S/S ( 7 )
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Despite having 2 days harsh growth and an ageing blade, I did not rush and was very pleased at the finished Shave quality.

1CC734DA-2F4D-4440-B8D8-1B58D3A7CA3A.jpeg

10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Canadian Schick E2 Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Canadian Rubberset Boar Brush
    Love My Skin Barbershop 1920's Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Aqua Velva Musk After Shave

Untitled.jpg

11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Fri, July1st 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021, tame mid range, there is minimal blade tab overhang to be aware of, I get great shaves with this razor.
    Blade : Schick proline P30(6) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice mid range scent with excellent lather qualities. (discontinued) One of my favorite soaps.
    Brush : Yaqi Purple haze 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber, excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm with a Schick proline p30.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 1st July

RR 400.SE Plissoft noir
    Arch Brito Mogno
    Gem Micromatic - Clog Pruf
    Gem S/S ( 3 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

A nice Shave this morning, smooth and comfortable with a decent finish. I think that the Original actually delivers a closer finish, and does not deserve its reputation of being overly aggressive.

FD0C9F1C-CC6A-4F9C-9F5B-2EBFF4E8528D.jpeg

13. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

2nd July 2022.

TSD.jpg

14. Electrif

Saturday 2nd July
    Claymore Evo - Schick Proline P #4 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Jayaruh 289 - Old Spice - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

brit, Ijustmissedthe50s, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Sat, June 2nd 2022

Razor : Yaqi Katana- Mfg 2019> mid range, takes 1/2 DE blade and works well, loading a blade I keep it lose and bump the blade to the stops gently with a carboard blade tuck box and then lightly torque and check for final tightening. Blade installation is a challenge some times but once you do it a few times it becomes easier IMO. 1/2 DE blade is more a Gimmick possibly but great for the budget minded compared when buying SE blades IMO!
    Blade : Gillette Astra SP (2) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender- nice lavender scent with excellent lather qualities. (discontinued.)
    Brush : Yaqi Chianti's 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentile scrub+ excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi Katana SE with a Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 2nd July

Jayaruh Syn No 67
    L’Occitane Cade soap
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 3 )
    Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Am out both days this Weekend, so The Evo was my immediate choice for both days. Always nice to know that even in a bit of a rush, a trouble free quality Shave is forthcoming.

54B97A90-E53D-47DF-AE64-439080897F4D.jpeg

17. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

3rd July 2022.

July1.jpg

brit, Ijustmissedthe50s, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220703.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Colgate Shaving Mug Soap
    Tom's Brush B-3 Badger
    1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Florida Water

The Colgate Shaving Mug Soap lathered well with Tom's Brush B-3 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Florida Water. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, July3rd, 2022

Razor :
    Schick adjustable injector M3- excellent adjustable, well made to last decades, I receive excellent shaves with this razor on the lower settings with a light touch.(settings 2 WTG, 2 ATG, 3 pickups.)
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE (7)- Excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable .
    Soap : Razorock Irish Countryside- nice mild scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi black marble 24mm silver tip, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very nice bloom display.
    Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick injector adjustable M3 + a Personna coated injector blade.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Jayaruh, brit, Electrif and 4 others like this.
  20. GAW9576

Today's shave was very rushed but I made time to get a photo. Even being rushed the Schick F performed exceptionally well. I believe this is one of the Personna 74 blades. This was my first use of the B Pure soap from Dollar Tree. For $1.25 it's not bad stuff, not bad at all. The copper handled Zenith boar is always a pleasure to use. It's patina is developing nicely. A splash of Clubman Pinaud After Shave Lotion was a great finish to the shave.
    Today's watch is the Casio G-Shock GDF100-bb.

IMG_04072022_001418_(1100_x_1099_pixel).jpg