Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, August 2nd 2022

Razor : Ever-Ready Streamline, 2nd generation, Mfg 1949-53, excellent mid > upper mid range depending on experience, well made to last, blade stops are set forward for more blade feel IMO, very attractive razor and with good technique you can crank out some awesome shaves. There is a slight different learning curve with this razor compared to a regular Gem but very enjoyable shaves once mastered with excellent results.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood, very nice scented soap(some clove) with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Artic Sky 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Witch hazel face cleanse +Ogallala Bayrum with sandalwood[​IMG] + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Ever-Ready 2nd Gen Streamline with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, Tdmsu and 7 others like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 2nd August

RR400. SE Plissoft noir
    P & B Citra Royale
    Claymore Evolution
    Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 1 )
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

My first use of this guarded blade in The Evo. I like guarded blades as they give one freedom to work away to clear a harsh bead with little chance of mishap or post Shave irritation. Today two days of growth cleared with ease,the Shave being smooth and comfortable with a Top Notch finish.

CC8F7808-8AF3-4D49-8E65-A9E8AECA993F.jpeg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 3rd August
    GEM Micromatic Open Comb - GEM Stainless Coated #8 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Alpha Outlaw - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

5. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

4th August 2022.

4.jpg

6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 4th August

Cyril Salter.MS ED2band
    Lea Classic soap
    ATT SE1
    Feather Proguard ( 7 )
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

I have been getting great Shaves with this Razor/Blade combo. Today the Shave experience was enhanced by using a Timeless Ti Handle, which improved the balance and with ease attained rather a “ Face Stroker” kind of finish.

057996F8-E101-4467-863B-ADA12B1C83E3.jpeg

7. Electrif

Friday 5th August
    Valet Autostrop VC1 - Modified GEM Stainless Coated #5 - Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime - Jayaruh 289 - Osmanli Lemon Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Tdmsu, MPF9, jimjo1031 and 6 others like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD ,Friday, August 5th, 2022

Razor : Yaqi V2 Excalibur, MFG 2021> great tame mid range, interesting clamping with a small head design, very enjoyable to handle and results are usually stellar for myself. The Chrome head design model is accurate and well built IMO.
    Blade : Schick proline P30(5) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
    Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea" unique tranquilizing scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Atlantis 24 mm synthetic- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrub, excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Razorock "The Dead Sea" with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur with a Schick P30 50 mm blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

9. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
    Razor: Blackland Vector Polished Stainless Steei
    Blade: Schick Proline
    Brush: Elite Razor 24mm Manchurian White Fan
    Soap: ‌Phoenix and Beau Albion Shaving Soap

10. palmolive fox

6th August 2022.

5.jpg

Tdmsu, MPF9, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220806.JPG
    Supply Saturday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Musgo Real Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #188
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS

The Musgo Real Shaving Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #188 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injectorr Razor with a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Tdmsu, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Saturday August 6th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Katana with Yaqi rocket handle & Yaqi retracting handle- Mfg 2019> excellent mid upper mid range, this razor uses a 1/2 DE blade, using a steep approach angle(riding the bar) works the best with a short handle 2 3/4 inch, it will give a great close shave from my experience. Very affordable for those who are budget minded.
    Blade : Gillette Astra SP 1/2 blade(1) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
    Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea" very nice unique scent with excellent lather qualities. I enjoy this scent very much.
    Brush : Yaqi Cola 22 mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great spray scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Razorock "The Dead Sea" with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Katana with short handle with a Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Tdmsu, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  13. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Great shave today with the Schick type I.

IMG_20220806_173405_(1050_x_1050_pixel).jpg

Tdmsu, MPF9, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  14. palmolive fox

7th August 2022.

6.jpg

15. Electrif

Sunday 7th August
    Claymore Evo - Schick Proline P #1 - Monsavon au lait - Yaqi Robin - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Tdmsu, GAW9576, palmolive fox and 6 others like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220807.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Musgo Real Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #188
    J.A. Hinckels Rapide
    Hinckels Wedge
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS

The Musgo Real Shaving Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #188 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the J.A. Hinckels Rapide Lather Catcher Razor with a Hinckels Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Tdmsu, GAW9576, brit and 6 others like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, August 7th 2022, I like to try ideas on possibly improving the blades available for the Schick injectors, I'm still longer testing with the Kai protouch blade sniped at one end and stone any burrs results are good when using the Schick injector adjustable M3 to find that sweet spot for the Protouch. The AC 50mm blades are easy for me to shorten to the shorter 40mm approximately length blades that are in the Schick injectors. Excellent shave this morning with no issues with injector wide open.
    Razor : Schick adjustable razor model 3- Mfg 1970-72, one of the best Schick razors made IMO, I like using the regular blades on lower settings 2-3 works well for me, Kai Protouch works well with a little more aggressive settings IMO.
    Blade : Kai Protouch modified(2) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. The Kai Protouch helps prevent the blade from digging in, I really enjoy this blade in my shavette also.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer, the scent is very nice with a slight lemon scent + excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations to design their recent soaps.
    Brush : Yaqi "ever helpful" 22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber + great lather painter.
    Post shave : witch hazel cleanse+ Yaqi Musketeer AS (very nice scent but fleeting) + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector with a modified Kai Protouch blade.(Yesterdays shave was very close with the Yaqi Katana razor Astra SP combo and not much for the blade to take off this morning but it did the job very well!)

[​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Tdmsu, MPF9, GAW9576 and 7 others like this.
  18. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Canadian Schick E5 (black handle) Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    RazorRock Synthetic Brush
    TOBS Lime Zest Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Old Spice Fresh Lime After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Tdmsu, GAW9576, palmolive fox and 7 others like this.
  19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 8th August

Cyril Salter.MS ED2band
    Vitos Super Red
    RR Hawk V3- A plate
    Feather Pro ( 7 )
    Alcolado Glacial A/S splash
    After a series of Shaves with guarded blades, I was immediately aware of the blade feel today. With Two days growth and some sunburn from Saturdays officiating, I took my time and did not push for the closest finish, but was quite pleased that no mishaps or post Shave irritation occurred.

C1909512-8D74-471F-ACE2-B24AF9EDFE5A.jpeg

20. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Monday 08.08.22
    Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
    Razor: Alpha Claymore Evolution
    Blade: Schick Proline
    Brush: Ever Ready 150P 22mm Maggard 2- band
    Soap: ‌OSP Business Time Shaving Soap