SoS: August 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Spicy Sunday

[​IMG]
    Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
    Razor: Charcoal Goods Everyday Brass
    Blade: Perma-Sharp Super
    Brush: Erskine Simulated Ivory 20mm 2-Band Badger
    Soap: ‌OSP Old Gold Shaving Soap
    Frag: Old‌ ‌Spice‌ ‌Cologne‌ ‌Original‌

2. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Sunday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Razor: Valet AutoStrop
    Blade: Feather FHS-10 (7)
    Brush: Oscar11 Aqua\White SOC Boar
    Bowl: Junichi Tanaka 5"
    Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African black soap
    Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
    Shave Soap: TSD Cool Waters
    Balm: Davidoff Cool Waters
    Aftershave: Davidoff Cool Waters

3. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD : 7th August 2022.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Derby Shaving Soap bowl.
    Blade: Personna Gem PTFE SS. (D5)
    Razor: Ever Ready 1912. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Osmanli Lemon Eau De Cologne./ Aloe Vera Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Derby soap bowl provides a wonderful dense slick protective lather, which is equal to the shave stick if not better for it's lather density IMHO...The scent of both Derby & Arko soaps is something i personally don't mind to my sense of smell it's just a 'clean pleasant soap/lemon scent' which like the vast majority of shaving soaps with a few rules to the exception the scent vanishes after i have done my cold water face.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

4. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Holy Black SR71 Slant
    Timeless Ti Handle
    Chiseled Face Bay Rum Soap
    Yaqi Boar
    Aloe Vera
    Stirling Bay Rum Aftershave
    HB slant Timeless ti hdls.JPG

5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sunday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 5
    Stirling Glacial Electric Sheep SS
    Prep ASB
    Floid Vigoroso AS Splash

Oh my God, it’s so hot here in Montreal - the temperature is in the 90s so I needed all the menthol chill I could get and believe me, I got tons of it this morning. The Glacial Electric Sheep soap smells delightful - it has the same lovely lemony/citronella/eucalyptus scent as the regular version along with strong menthol fumes, the lather is brilliant - it’s so rich, slick and protective thanks to the mutton tallow formula, the menthol sensation is strong enough to freeze a polar bear’s ass off, and the skincare is A1. The Prep delivered lots of soothing, cooling moisturizing, and the Floid Vigoroso aftershave has such a beautiful old school barbershop scent along with lots of menthol goodness. Three passes left me mega BBS - what a dynamite shave this was!

Enjoy your Sunday - be well and safe![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220807.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Musgo Real Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #188
    J.A. Hinckels Rapide
    Hinckels Wedge
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS

The Musgo Real Shaving Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #188 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the J.A. Hinckels Rapide Lather Catcher Razor with a Hinckels Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

And yet aNOTHER artisan company for me to research(Old Gold).

James Kleinkauf likes this.
  8. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Sunday Shave

Lather: TSD Lanolin soap, Sensitive
    Brush: Ever Ready
    Razor: Hansen AL13
    Blade: RK
    After: witch hazel and aloe
    Cold water shave :Animatedfrozensmily:

20220806_205800~2_copy_1200x1201.jpg

9. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOTD Sunday August 7, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Valley of Ashes
    Razor: Henson AL13 +++
    Blade: Feather (2)
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Have a great day!
    IMG_0461.jpg

10. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

OSP (Obsessive Soap Perfectionist) is a UK artisan and Old Gold is based on the original scent of Old Spice.

Yehuda D and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

sunday
    brit parat/rocket
    platinum
    rr 400
    st james
    davidoff

[​IMG]

12. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Razorock Mamba / Gillette Silver Blue
    RajonCajonBrushes / Maggards Synthetic
    Noble Otter / Bare [​IMG] 20220806_131016.jpg IMG_20180213_110253.jpg

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, August 7th 2022, I like to try ideas on possibly improving the blades available for the Schick injectors, I'm still longer testing with the Kai protouch blade sniped at one end and stone any burrs results are good when using the Schick injector adjustable M3 to find that sweet spot for the Protouch. The AC 50mm blades are easy for me to shorten to the shorter 40mm approximately length blades that are in the Schick injectors. Excellent shave this morning with no issues with injector wide open.
    Razor : Schick adjustable razor model 3- Mfg 1970-72, one of the best Schick razors made IMO, I like using the regular blades on lower settings 2-3 works well for me, Kai Protouch works well with a little more aggressive settings IMO.
    Blade : Kai Protouch modified(2) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. The Kai Protouch helps prevent the blade from digging in, I really enjoy this blade in my shavette also.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer, the scent is very nice with a slight lemon scent + excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations to design their recent soaps.
    Brush : Yaqi "ever helpful" 22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : witch hazel cleanse+ Yaqi Musketeer AS (very nice scent but fleeting) + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector with a modified Kai Protouch blade.(Yesterdays shave was very close with the Yaqi Katana razor Astra SP combo and not much for the blade to take off this morning but it did the job very well!)

[​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

14. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

Here is my Sunday shave (07.08.2022)

58B24B91-FF3A-472C-9339-211DC80761F4.jpeg
    Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS .95 // Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium // Soap: PannaCrema Lavandotto // Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 // Aftershave: Ach.Brito Lavanda

I received the Lupo SS .95 last week. Today was it´s maiden voyage.

Man i can tell you…what a great razor!!! As i first saw it with a blade installed, i was a bit worried because it could be too much blade feel for my skin. Normally i am the type of guy which uses mild razors (i LOVE my Feather AS D2).

As i had lathered up this wonderful smelling soap (which by the way is MUCH better as the PannaCrema soaps yet) it was time. The lather was on my skin on i made the first strokes…Bladefeel? YES!!! Oh yes!!! But in a good way. This thing is smooth and gentle. After the first strokes i felt my skin…great. This thing rocks. So i ended the first pass and was surprised of the amount of stubbles went into the drain.

This thing is thoroughly.

Second pass the same…it gives a good audible feedback but with no pressure the shave is a true joy. The angel is quite easy to find and hold.

After the second pass i was nearly BBS…2 little spots left to touch up in my trouble area where every razor has a problem.

No third pass needed. BBS!!! Easy achieved.

Now i rinsed my face first with warm, than with cold water and used my Alum block to see if the shave was really THAT good. It was!!! Just the normal feeling when the skin get´s the Alum block. No stinging, no „burning“…nothing. Let that soak for about 30 seconds and than rinsed again with cold water.

Time for the Aftershave. Splashed a healthy amount in the palm of my hand and applied it to the face. Have i used a non-alcoholic balm or an alcoholic splash? No sting, no burn, no whatsoever…i am highly impressed. This razor will not be a daily driver, but for a 2 or 3 day beard it is absolutely stunning.

Great!!!

Take your time, enjoy your shaves and stay safe and healthy.

Greetings
    Thorsten

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

That is a great razor and I have the Lupo.72 and really enjoy it . I'm a amateur with the USB microscope and the blade exposure(blade feel) is not much at all and captured it on a photo(another members permission to use photo but added some information) that might help show approximately the exposure, it is not lot and comparing to a Gillette Fatboy it would be 2-3 setting but the gap is larger than the Fatboy.(Photo shows 2-2.5/1000 of a inch exposure.)
    lupo .95 (2)(3).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  16. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Canadian Schick E5 (black handle) Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    RazorRock Synthetic Brush
    TOBS Lime Zest Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent