SoS: August 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Sunday, August 7
    [​IMG]
    AoS Peppermint~~90th Anniversary Simpson Astor~~2011 Mühle R41/Gillette Platinum~~Iced Florida Water
    Have a great day!

2. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

08/07/22 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Monstroso Moroccan Argan Oil Body Soap - Epic Festive Fall Scent
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Good Vibrations Boardwalk Barbershop Scent Shampoo & Conditioner Puck
    Phoenix Shaving The Original Chill Mill - Menthol Grinder
    The Club Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac Kaizen Base Shaving Soap
    Maritime Brush Co. Cenote 24mm Black Ash Burl with Premium M5C Fan Synthetic (SHD) Knot - 1st Use
    Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl - Obsidian
    Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
    Wolfman WR2-DC Mirror Polished SS OC: 1.05mm SB: 1.15 gaps with Solid 96mm WRH3 Mirror Polished SS Handle
    Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet Super Sharps Double Edge Blades - 1st Shave
    The Razor Company Gray Shaving Towel
    Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
    Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
    The Club Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac Aftershave Splash
    Stirling Soap Company Glacial Unscented Post-Shave Menthol Balm
    Phoenix Shaving Droid Black Artisan Natural Deodorant Sport Strength Homage to Floïd Black
    The Holy Black Limited Edition Galleon Grease Pomade ​

IMG_1436 (1).jpeg

3. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

4. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Ikon Tek Timeless Ti Handle
    Gillette Nacet SS Blade
    Ogallala Bay Rum Soap
    Maggard 2 Band (blue handle)
    Aloe Vera
    Dana Canoe
    iKon Tek Timeless Ti Hdle.JPG

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220808.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #340
    Schick 66 G-4
    Schick Plus Platinum
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #340 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick 66 G-4 Razor with a Schick Plus Platinum Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Nice shave buddy!

How close is the Old Gold to the Shulton Old Spice scent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Kleinkauf likes this.
  7. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 6
    Ingram SC
    Prep ASB
    Floid Vigoroso AS Splash

Not a Grand Freeze but still a very chilly setup for this morning - this is one of the versions of Ingram from Egypt which has pretty much the same nice old school minty kind of barbershop scent as the discontinued UK cream as well as the same super rich, slick lather but the menthol sensation is definitely stronger, and the skincare is pretty good. Thanks to the Prep I had lots of additional moisturizing, cooling, and soothing, while the Floid Vigoroso aftershave went on icy cold along with its lovely scent that lasts all day. Two passes sufficed for an excellent BBS shave that I really enjoyed!

Have a good week - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 8/8/2022

Gillette Knack razor
    Gillette Platinum blade (came with Knack)
    Gillette Regular SC
    AP Shave Co brush
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Assorted A/S

Thanks to IAmTheJody and the recent raffle win, I received the Gillette items, all of them NOS. Decided to go big time and use these items in my weekly shave. So, the Knack/Platinum combo is great. Smooth and comfortable. The Gillette Regular SC lathered like crazy, giving a plentiful amount with just a little bit of work. Not my favorite scent but it worked very well. Results? A fine shave was had and my face it happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

knack.jpg

9. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOTD Monday August 8, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Desairology
    Razor: Henson AL13 +++
    Blade: Feather (1)
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Have a great day!

IMG_0475.jpg

10. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Edwin Jagger 89 / Gillette Silver Blue
    Cravingshaving / Synthetic
    Stirling / Vanilla Sandlewood 20220806_130919.jpg 20220806_131046.jpg 20220402_131125_edit_1648942360096.jpg

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

11. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Thank you. It's not a strong scent, but very close to the Old Spice I used regularly in my younger days. ;)

Yehuda D, Paul Turner and Karl G like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

very cool Joseph.:cool:.thoughts on the blue/white tuck platinums?:):eatdrink047:

Primotenore likes this.
  13. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Hawk v3 with open comb base plate
    Captain Titan Mild blade (1st)
    Proraso Blue pre-shave cream
    Chiseled Face "Ghost Town Barber" soap
    Thayers toner & Geo F Trumper Skin Food (tiny dab - a little goes a LONG way)
    Clubman Pinaud reserve "Whisky Woods" AS

Cold water face wash and cold water for the lather. The open comb was very nice today and gave me a super close shave. I may have to wait another 2 days to shave again! 3-pass shave with no cleanup. BBS shave! I could have even stopped at 1 pass! VERY pleasant shave. Alum bar gave zero feedback. This is my first shave with the open comb where I got no cuts, nicks, or weepers! No irritation at all! I have this one dialed in and now need to try it with a Feather Professional blade. (soon) I will use up this mild blade first.

DSCN8977.JPG

14. brit

brit in a box

monday
    brit rhodium rocket
    platinum
    wcs
    platinum
    legend

20220808_084025_edited.jpg

15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thanks, Gary.
    The Platinums are a bit rough, similar to a new Feather.

Hogie and brit like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

:eatdrink047:

Primotenore likes this.
  17. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Excellent shave from the Herder this morning, no drama, easy peasy, super close and smooth :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger
    Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
    Friedr Herder 77 Square Point 6/8
    Castle Forbes Lavender After Shave Balm

8BE6833C-7BA9-4A98-9CF5-8D49AA88EC6A.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MicroMaticMonday, August 8th 2022. I have been experimenting with shimming the spline of the modern Gem blade for years with my Everready streamline razor and it mellows out that razor nicely. So this morning I used a spent regular flattened spine that I use in my ER Streamline and installed it in the MMOC button less model to mock the thicker splined blades of the 1930 era and results where it also tilts the blade enough to smooth it out a little. I would suggest trying it at least and used it with a new Gem PTFE blade also.
    I'm not the only person to try this and only works best in the Micromatic 3 different models (because of the way those razors clamp the blade) with a flattened spline from a spent blade. I have not tried it in the MMCP or MMFW yet and I not sure it would benefit the MMFW(AKA, Bullet tip or MMBT) because it is the milder razor of the 3 Micromatics.

Razor : Micromatic open comb button-less- Mfg 1930-32, excellent mid>upper mid range depending on experience, well built and designed for that time era, it was the first mass produced TTO razor world wide. The button-less model was before the newer Micromatic open comb models 1932-41 that held the double edge blades and used button shims to mock the spine blades. I used a flattened spent spline in MMOC to mellow it out and performed well. Hard to believe just tilting the blade a few degrees would make a difference but it sure felt like it and performed like a nice smooth mid range razor.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Very sharp with excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier- nice scented soap with excellent lather qualities. Has a slight lemon look and scent works for me.
    Brush : Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer aftershave + a dollop of Neutrogena hydro boost moisturizing lotion(scentless)testing).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my MMOC buttonless with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

19. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Tuesday’s Shave

[​IMG]

Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
    Razor: Blackland Vector Polished Stainless Steei
    Blade: Schick Proline
    Brush: Elite Razor Ivory over Pastel Swirl 24mm Boar
    Soap: ‌Signature Soaps Leodis Hybrid Shaving Soap

20. ram57