Traveling Box 2022 Tour Round 1

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Enrico, May 6, 2022.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Sorry about the delay, it was kind of hectic around here, but I'm ready to mail it out to the next person. And it looks like it's @Jrdelgado. I will post pics of my give and takes in a day or so.

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

No worries ...... life is like that.

:eatdrink047:

3. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Good news! I will get prepared! :happy036:

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: So you have submitted for a week of vacation to dedicate your complete attention to the contents of the box?

Now that’s loyalty to the traveling box!

:D

5. Jrdelgado

Lol! I wish! But I darn sure will enjoy the evenings!

6. jimjo1031

Ok, unless I decide otherwise before I mail it out, these are my takes (pic #1) and these are my gives (pic #2). I'm sending @brit the Sicilian Lime shave cream, and since my GF's daughter borrowed her mom's Lady Starburst and loved it, I'd better pick another one for her before my GF loses hers. And when she asked what that thing was, nose hair trimmer, she just looked at me. I knew what she meant. I have a habit of just pulling them out. The Monsavon shave cream has a scent I remember from my childhood, although I can't quite place it. I looked online for reviews and they were very good, even our own @stingraysrock had a good one. It just needs another container, these are on the flimsy side............
    20220807_172135.jpg

20220807_174010.jpg

7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Oh Yes Sir! The Monsavon Bol' A Rasor is a magnificent soap!!! I would dearly love to get more, if I can only find where to have it shipped from. The last time I bought it, I bought several tubs, bit then the supplier disappeared.

Great scent, exceptional glide, very cushioning. A real find for sure!

Woo!

8. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

You must be ill. I hope you feel better soon. :sick007:

gorgo2, Lancre, Jrdelgado and 4 others like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Great gives and takes!

BTW that scent you remember from your childhood was probably either play dough or paste glue ......... both of which you consumed vast quantities. :eatdrink020:

[​IMG][​IMG]

:happy097:

Jrdelgado, cliffb599, MR41 and 4 others like this.
  10. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I bought mine from amazon.fr a few months ago. Less than a dollar before shipping. Just one was $13 or $14 shipped. I grabbed 2 for about $16 shipped. Looking just now, there's a minimum order of 3, around $18 shipped.

Jrdelgado, cliffb599, jaro and 2 others like this.
  11. Jrdelgado

Great gives and takes Jim! I will be on the lookout!

Ijustmissedthe50s and jimjo1031 like this.
  12. jimjo1031

Enrico likes this.
  13. Jrdelgado

Thank you!

MR41 likes this.
  14. Jrdelgado

The box has landed! Give me a couple days and I’ll post gives and takes and send it out again!

15. Jrdelgado

Report! I have my fives and takes already. Had some time this afternoon. The Palmolive shave cream tube is busted the usps was pretty hard on it so I pulled it out. I took the Proraso cream because it was really nice on my shave tonight! Took the razor with the Maggard handle I like the weight of it. Also took a nice boar brush! Wife loved the smell of the Zingari aftershave lotion
    Here are my takes.

[​IMG]
    My gives are below. I hope someone can give them good homes. Thank you for letting me participate!
    [​IMG]
    I will pm the next contestant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

By the way Jim that octagon shaving brush you pulled ..... it was a Kent complexion brush that was restored.

;)

17. jimjo1031

I wondered if it might've been one of yours, I like it.

cliffb599 and Enrico like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I've been happy with the Razorock Lime Burst. But I'm not part of the Travelling Box members.

19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:) Paul, whether or not your part of the tour, I welcome your opinions.

If you'd like to join us and have the box make a stop at your home just shoot me a PM.

:happy088:

20. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

BTW what's this brush. It was a take of mine. Any info would be very appreciated. IMG_20220818_194209191~2.jpg