SoS: August 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

I’ve recently noticed anything that CLux makes is a BANGER!

2. Mike-R41

41D1CCB8-21F6-4B55-8F2B-98CC8B5821CF.jpeg
    How’s their base Jeff? I have yet to try them. I want to try their cool water dupe

3. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone SOTD 08/17/22

'52 Gillette Super Speed
    Gillette Nacet(5)
    Erskine 3103 Boar
    Williams
    Cold Water Rinse, Alum Block
    Pinaud Clubman A/S

Have A Great Day Everyone!! DSCF5480.JPG

4. Jan Zoethout

Jan Zoethout Well-Known Member

SOTD 20220817.
    [​IMG]
    PREP "Original Formula" pre-shave cream.
    Custom "Bethlehem" handle / Mühle silver tip fibre knot.
    T.O.B.S. "Lime Zest" shaving cream.
    Vintage Gillette Old Type / Stork Ti "AN14" handle.
    Polsilver Super Iridium (4).
    Boğaziçi Lime EdC.

5. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Ikon Tek Timeless Ti Handle
    Feather
    Ogallala Bay Rum Soap
    Maggard 2 Band
    Aloe Vera
    Stirling Bay Rum Aftershave
    iKon Tek Timeless Ti Hdle.JPG iKon Tek Timeless Ti Hdle.JPG iKon Tek Timeless Ti Hdle.JPG iKon Tek Timeless Ti Hdle.JPG

6. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Wednesday August 17,2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Gravefruit
    Razor: Henson AL13 +++
    Blade: Feather (2)
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Have a great day!
    IMG_0594.jpg

7. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks for the information my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  8. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Wednesday morning:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Wilkinson Sword/new Wilkinson Sword
    Matas SS
    CutiBase Moisturizer
    Brut Deodorant Spray
    Brut AS Splash
    Brut EdT

There’s no question about it - this Wilkinson Sword DE is completely different from my Tech or my 1950s Super Speed. I wouldn’t call it an aggressive razor but I find that I have to show it some respect because in the past it gave me some nicks and weepers but today I had no issues whatsoever. My gorgeous Yaqi Barber Pole whipped this cheap Matas soap from Denmark into great lather that was thick and very rich but it’s not too slick, and the scent is almost nonexistent. Skincare wise it’s just so-so but the CutiBase moisturizer did a great job of soothing the slight irritation that I received. A couple of splashes of the Brut aftershave along with a couple of shpritzes of the matching eau de toilette and I was good to go. No complaints about this shave - two passes cleaned me up and left me BBS!

Have a good day - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220817.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #98
    Schick C3 Repeating Razor
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #98 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick C3 Repeating Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

10. brit

brit in a box

:):eatdrink047:

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Aaah, one outta two ain't bad.

brit likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

An "all Clubman-Pinaud" shave and post-shave today. That brushless cream is quite the challenge, all right. I think two hand-scoops is the way to go, not just the one. Today, I did about 1.5 scoops. Comes on cool, then turns warmer. Skin-friction, perhaps? Anyway, it was enough for one solid pass. Nice work all-around, but again didn't succeed much down at Cactus like I have in the past. No Cuts,Knicks, or Polka-dots. The Pinaud-Clubman aftershave was niiiice as always. Super-Duper Excellent.

13. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Blackland Dart / Gillette Silver Blue
    Yaqi Synthetic
    Razorock / Don Donato [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

14. brit

brit in a box

awesome set ups and pics gents.welcome back to those who have been away for a while.:cool::bounce017:

15. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Razor - 1930's Gillette "New Model" open comb (Long Comb)
    Blade - Feather (1st shave)
    Pre-shave - TOBS Herbal Gel
    Soap - Mudder Foker
    Brush - Satin Tip synthetic (soft tip)
    Post-shave - Thayers Toner & Geo F Trumper "Skin Food"
    AS - Pinaud Clubman "Virgin Island Bay Rum"

Showered and warmed the lather bowl & brush with HOT water. HOT washcloth to the face. This soap is easy for me to work into a nice lather. It also helped that I added a dab of TOBS "Almond Cream" to the bowl. Smell is really nice! I got the water correct and did not have to add any. In less than a minute, I had rich creamy lather. I did a 2-pass WTG & ATG with a little cleanup to get the stubborn jawline. All this work gave me some feedback from the alum bar but, no cuts, nicks, or weepers. Thayers is always nice and so is the Geo F Trumper. My face has never been better! I wish I have found these products years ago! Face is super smooth and smelling nice.

DSCN9160.JPG

16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Wednesday, August 17th 2022

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72- Mfg 2021 1st qtr, excellent mid range, will shave with almost any blade I have very well, well designed from 316 SS, easy to work under the nose area, good also for steep or shallow approach + very enjoyable to use.
    Blade : Gillette Polsilver SI(2) sharp and smooth with good longevity. I cork once on a new blade that I have find it smooths it out. Iridium coating is a very hard element to strengthen the blade edge.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier, nice fragrance with some lemon or citrus scent added + excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations S.A. to make their soap line.
    Brush : Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : witch hazel cleanse of beard +Musketeer rapier AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Polsilver SI blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

17. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Thank Gary!:eatdrink047:

brit and Hogie like this.
  18. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Williams Wednesday Shave

Lather: vintage Williams Mug Soap
    Brush: Dubl Duck
    Razor: 1956 Gillette red tip
    Blade: Tatra Platinum
    Cold water shave :Animatedfrozensmily:

The vintage Williams soap performed well as always. This was my first shave with a Tatra Platinum in this razor, so I was cautious, but it worked well. I got a smooth, comfortable shave.

20220817_095718~2_copy_1024x794.jpg

19. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

20. Mike-R41

Thanks Brit!

brit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.