30 Day Rule/Focus; August 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Aug 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I have 3 Parker razors. I like them all! 87R, 94R, and the semi-slantbar.

Hembree, brit, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  2. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I am holding off shaving until later. Not a lot of beard to shave off yet! I did pull out one I had boxed back up. Vikings Blade adjustable

Razor - Viking's Blade Emperor Meiji adjustable set on 6 (medium)
    Blade - Astra Platinum (2nd)
    Pre-shave - Proraso Blue
    Soap - Captain's Choice "Island Time" (smells like pineapple)
    Brush - Simpson T2 Trafalgar
    post-shave - Thayers Toner & Geo F Trumper "Skin Food"
    AS - Captain's Choice "Bay Rum"

I will give my report later.

DSCN9165.JPG

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  3. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

I have all the 3 models ....If i had to choose a favourite from the the 3 it would be the 94R, but all are wonderful shavers...The semi-slantbar 55SL is wonderful for dome /head shaving.I was inspired by your good self to try pairing them up with a Feather Hi Stainless, which is a superb combo!..:signs001: Hogie.

4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Terrific Thursday shave Barry. It's wonderful that you have a brand of razors that you really enjoy. My Parker shavette is a great alternative to my Dovo shavette. Enjoy your afternoon.

5. Trigger

I am in the same boat. I can't shave until late this afternoon to early evening. Btw, nice setup.

6. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I did not get a very good photo of the razor.
    Viking's Blade Emperor Meiji adjustable
    set on 6

This razor has a bit of heft to it. Not a light-weight.

DSCN9170.JPG

7. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe...I do enjoy my Parkers, as i do with all my other branded razors....Each of my razors have their own characteristics, which i like.;)..Have a great day.

8. palmolive fox

It looks a hefty efficient shaving tool!....You've just reminded me i haven't gave my adjustable razors a run out for a while....I'll have to have an 'End of August adjustable razor week'!;)

9. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I have the other Emperor as well but, it is a bigger, longer razor so, I really did not like it as much (it's in it's shipping box now)
    This one, I would guess, is about the same size as a Gillette "Fatboy" so, I consider that covered. Especially when I see the price the FB goes for!!!
    I do like my 1967 Gillette Slim and may have to drag it out again as well. I got the Slim from Razor Emporium so, it's like new. Well, worth what I paid when I see what really good adjustables sell for nowadays.

Variety is the spice of life they say. ;)

DSCN3716.JPG DSCN3715a.JPG

10. palmolive fox

That's a classic Hogie. :love055:..By the way, your right, variety is the spice of life! Especially with shaving tools.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    Hembree, brit, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Excellent shave this morning with Bill Neumann soap&A.S.(both of the Heartwood persuasion). The soap is a bit tricky, as it is in line with the top of the puck. The owner at Wet Shaving Products(I think that's the name)does it that way too. I think it's best to leave some space at the top so the brush can work better. There's a lot of skin food with Bill Neumann products. Reviews of Neumann tell us how manly they feel after using it(them). I'll be buying more from them later in life. Our dearly departed friend Kerry was a frequent user of Heartwood. I'd read his posts and say "Perhaps I ought to have a look at Neumann." The rest is history. No problems today. 2 passes. The setup in the shower(Stoylin Mentha Scrub Bath Soap) was great at doing just that-setting things up for a shave that resulted in me feeling clean, smooth, and refreshed. Outta This World Excellent.

Hembree, brit, palmolive fox and 2 others like this.
  12. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

A1CE186C-411C-4CF9-B028-D7E5CDE1D54D.jpeg

SRS # 742 - Affronted August Soap - Weekdays

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: AJ Jordan Old Faithful Cocolobo scales
    Brush: Hembree Derlin Paragon Boar 25 mm
    Lather: MLS Reunion
    Aftershave: PAA Vetiver Planet
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

Another wonderful shave this morning with a soap that is no longer in production. If my memory is correct Mickey Lee Soapworks terminated production of their products at the end of August 2019. I have two of their soaps, Reunion and a sample size of Drunken Goat. I use both sparingly. I believe today was the first shave with Reunion this year.

The scent description as found on www.trythatsoap.com is as follows: “It has been said that some of the finest quality vetiver oil comes from the Reunion Islands. This scent is our tribute to the wonderful scent of vetiver: earthy like patchouli, but a murky “underwater” quality and a definite green note. Our blend ties together vetiver, oakmoss, and petrichor for a scent that is not freshly-cut grass, but darker, with a somewhat bitter, dirty edge.”

Once again I had a glorious three pass shave with the straight razor. The AJ Jordan easily took off the 24 hour growth. The post shave alum report was silent. The witch hazel, balm and aftershave finished off the shave. My face is smooth and velveteen.

I hope you all have a great day.

Hembree, brit, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  13. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I too really like the 94R. It is a jewel to the eye, has a nice heft to it, and it shaves so nice! But, I am torn because I really can say the exact same thhings about the 87R.

DSCN4039.JPG

DSCN4047.JPG

Hembree, brit, palmolive fox and 2 others like this.
  14. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Most excellent shave Paul.

Hembree, brit, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Beautiful looking razor.

16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice Hogie.

17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

You can but….

excuses, excuses! :happy097:

18. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

if beards were sandpaper, mine is about 320 grit now.

19. Trigger

Great shave Paul.

20. Trigger

Paulie Photo Countdown 34 Days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.