30 Day Rule/Focus; August 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Aug 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks Joe...I'm betting the difference in this shave(I've used the Bill Neumann soap&AS combo before)is the Stoylin soap setup in the shower.

Hogie, Hembree, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Yeow.

3. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

The vast majority of the Parker models have a nice heft to them, and provide great shaves...For their size the 94R & 87R are fantastic well balanced, smooth razors. Fitted with a Feather Hi Stainless they mow down stubble with effortless ease.

Hembree, JACarbone, brit and 2 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

I recall Mickey Lee, but at the same time was wondering what happeneed there.

5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Eric was promoted to Chief Petty Officer and had to relocate his family. It's kind of difficult to move a business and family with new responsibilities so he and his wife Samantha decided to close Mickey Lee's Soapworks.

6. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.:):eatdrink047:.when i got this tub some years ago it was readily available up here and loved by many.:)

Hogie, Hembree and Trigger like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

that's a petty excuse..:D,but seriously, fine products.:):eatdrink047:

8. Paul Turner

Part of life, ain't it?

9. Paul Turner

That post of yours belongs in OOPS...(puns). :). Course you'd have to set it up with the Mickey Lee story.

10. brit

brit in a box

very cool.:cool:

11. brit

brit in a box

tick :Dtick :)tick..:)

12. brit

brit in a box

awesome gents..:cool::bounce017:

13. brit

brit in a box

thursday
    brit tech hybrid
    tatra
    omega
    barbus
    lea

[​IMG]

good day gents
    fine shave today with a new blade.tatra.
    smooth and sharp,like a blade should be.;).
    lovely barbus lather.
    lea to finish.
    awesome

have a fine day everyone
    :eatdrink047:

14. Trigger

Thanks Gary!

brit, Hembree and JACarbone like this.
  15. Trigger

Fine shave Gary. Enjoy your day. :)

brit, Hembree and JACarbone like this.
  16. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20220818_063619_2.jpg
    Mars razor (plate 7)
    Feather snapped blade (2).
    Razorock 400 Plissoft synthetic brush.
    Stirling Noir shave soap and splash.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.

Second run with the Mars and I'm still impressed. It is definitely a different shaving experience that a round handled double edge razor. It delivers a very comfortable trouble free shave. I need to try out some different plates but 7 is working so good.

Happy Thursday everyone!

17. Trigger

Terrific Thursday shave Danny. I think you found another fine razor in your den. Have a super day.

Hogie, Hembree and JACarbone like this.
  18. Trigger

August 18 SOTA

Good afternoon.

Rockwell 6C ( setting 4 )
    Gillette Winner DE Blade (?)
    JR # 290 Cashmere Brush
    TSD Irish Spring Thing SS and AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 30 hrs

20220817_190908.jpg
    In continuing my adjustable shave week, my fourth and final one in my rotation is the Rockwell 6C. This was my second razor after my Van der Hagen and before I got into shavettes and straights. I have always gone on max settings, but I saw the light these past few months and feel that it is not necessary to go full throttle. I am also learning to shave with my left hand when using safeties. It is harder for me than when I straight shave because the grip is different.

Anyway, this is the 3rd and final Shave Den Soap and it does make a nice, creamy, but thin lather. Again, the scent is really not there for me to pick up which sadly was true for the other soaps. I might as well order unscented soaps from TSD shop. The performance of the soap was fine so I can't complain as far as that goes. Would I buy these soaps again? I would have to say no because there's no scent strength at all as far as my nose is concerned. The matching aftershaves also didn't have hardly any scent at all which is a shame because that would be where the scent should be more noticeable.

As far as the shave, I did 2 passes without pickups, bloodshed or irritation. The 6C at setting 4 out of a possible six did a fine job ridding my 30 hr stubble.
    Did get a nice feedback from the alum on my left neck and I attribute it to shaving with my left hand.

Finished with applying the witch hazel and matching aftershave. Btw, I did shake the bottle a few times to make sure that I would get a scent, but it didn't work.
    It was a nice shave, but it would have been a great shave if the scent was stronger. Take care.

19. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Super shave! The Meiji gave me audible feedback while I shaved. Pleasant. Weight of the razor got me nice and BBS close. Blade retired.

The cream was a bit more work to lather but, I got it really nice. This is a semi-soft soap. I didn't bloom it but, rather, shaved a flake out with my spoon and filled the brush with HOT water. After whipping for about 2 minutes, I had it nicely whipped. No pieces left at bottom of the bowl when I was done. To my nose, this smells like pineapple. I LOVE pineapple!

2-pass shave WTG & ATG with minor cleanup. Minimal feedback from alum bar. No cuts, nicks, or weepers. I was amazed that this razor being so heavy would give me such feedback. Nice!

Razor - Viking's Blade Emperor Meiji adjustable set on 6 (medium)
    Blade - Astra Platinum (2nd)
    Pre-shave - Proraso Blue
    Soap - Captain's Choice "Island Time" (smells like pineapple)
    Brush - Simpson T2 Trafalgar
    post-shave - Thayers Toner & Geo F Trumper "Skin Food"
    AS - Captain's Choice "Bay Rum"

DSCN9166.JPG

Hembree, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  20. Trigger

Super afternoon shave Hogie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.