30 Day Rule/Focus; August 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Aug 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I have quite a few soaps! Spilled over to the countertop!
    The bottom shelf and all under it is soaps!
    DSCN9314.JPG

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm glad you have and like Sherlock. I had the A.S.

JACarbone, brit, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  3. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I have the AS too! :)

Paul Turner, JACarbone, brit and 2 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Got Midnight Stag????

5. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I have Sherlock and Ghost Town Barber AS

6. Paul Turner

Less the cut it was kinda excellent. I forgot to go easy at S. Porcupine.

JACarbone, Hogie, brit and 2 others like this.
  7. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

@Paul Turner Hey Paul. I am going to make it simple for you on how to upload a pic from your camera to this thread.
    First, look at your menu on your home screen to see if it has an icon and the words camera. You may have to use your finger to swipe to get to other items on the menu if it doesn't appear on the first homescreen page.

Once you see the camera icon, hit it with your finger and it should take you to camera mode. You will automatically see what your camera is pointing to on the screen. Now, you may see your face instead of your surroundings. If you see your face,, there should be an icon that looks like an incomplete circle with an arrow point at the end and a small square inscribed in it.. If you hit that icon with your finger, then the screen will show what it is that it is pointing soo you can take a picture. If you hit that circular arrow again, the screen will revert back to your mug.

Anyway to take a pic, there is a virtual round button on the bottom of the screen when you are in camera mode. Hit the button and you will have taken the pic that you see on the screen. Now depending on your camera. The pic is usually sent to Google Photo.
    Hit Google Photo and it will bring you to the pic. Hit the pic and it will show various items like edit. Hit Edit and you can crop (cut) the pic to fit it when you upload here. If you hit details, it will tell you if you are over the limit of 1MB. If you are, then you may have to continue to crop the pic until you are.

Once you get to this point, it is easy. Go to the DC thread and when you want to upload your pic, just hit Upload a File and it will show you a a small black window telling you to choose a file. Hit choose and it will.take you to any pics that you have taken. Hit the pic you want to upload and it will take you back here with that same small black window, but with a shorthand description of the pic. Hit close and in a few moments, your pic will be uploaded at it will be located below the 3 choices of the comment section namely, Post Reply, Upload a File and More Options. You will see the pic, with the file number. You will also see Thumbnail and Full Image Buttons. Hit the Full Image and you will have the pic in your comments. The thumbnail image would be best served if you had like more than 4 pics to download.

Hopefully, you have Google Photos in your phone. Take care.

8. Trigger

Great shave, pic and setup Hogie.

JACarbone, brit, Hogie and 1 other person like this.
  9. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

No alum burn = excellent shave. I believe you have mastered the Hawk.

Take care, Hogie!

10. Hembree

Very nice, Hogie.

I hope you don't mind but I did a little shopping. I'll pm you with my address and a list of things from your den to put in the box. :D

11. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I keep all my soaps! The one in the lather bowl is a new one I am trying tomorrow. TOBS "Mr Taylor's Shaving Cream"

12. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Stacks of soap....and it's ALL mine! :bounce017:

DSCN9311.JPG

Paul Turner, JACarbone, brit and 2 others like this.
  13. Hembree

;)

JACarbone, Hogie, brit and 1 other person like this.
  14. Hembree

Yes....I have that problem too! :p

JACarbone, brit, Hogie and 1 other person like this.
  15. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Hi all.
    My once in a while post again.
    Some understand my preference for sharp blades and so called aggressive razors.
    This time instead of focusing on a single shave, I thought I'd share my basic morning procedures.
    Lathering up.
    I find face or skin lathering gets me the best results.
    I fill up my sink with hot water, dip my brush in it, shake the water out, the dip just the tip of my brush in the water.
    To load my brush with soap I rub my brush around the puck dipping the tip of my brush in water two or three times to load it to the desired amount.
    With my brush fully loaded I rub the brush all over the parts of my face I plan to shave. Then dip the tip of my brush into the water and start to lather, dipping the tip in water as many times as it takes to get a nice thick lather.
    I've been awake about 5 minutes, possibly 10, if I walked to the kitchen for a drink of water and turned on the flat top to make breakfast first.
    Although some have different opinions on this I find it best for me to choose and load my morning weapon the night before. I use a Feather DE, Personna GEM SS SE only once. The Feather Super Professional and Schick B-30 will go for two shaves.
    First pass.
    I first shave north to south or top to bottom.
    Now I don't do long strokes, just small maybe inch long strokes going left to right across the skin. Kinda looks like I'm laying bricks.
    I do not "stretch" my skin but I keep my skin taunt. I just turn my head to keep my skin taunt. I find stretching my skin to much causes irritation.
    Using a wet wash cloth I wipe my face off.
    Second pass.
    Pretty much the same but going left to right.
    The head normally gets one pass.
    top to bottom with some buffing around where the glasses rest on the ears.

I unload the razor, bin the blade, clean my razor and dry it off.
    Get a warm shower.
    If I'm on my game, 20 minutes to get to the point where I'm dressed.
    If I'm slow, half hour.
    Now notice I don't do any so called prep.
    I've tried the prep thing using the 30 day rule and found a good sharp blade is the key to a close and comfortable shave, for me anyway.

All
    Enjoy

tp

Paul Turner, JACarbone, Hogie and 3 others like this.
  16. Hembree

Good routine and report, Terry.

Hope you are well!

17. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Danny.
    Well I've been sick since Sunday.
    One of those kids back to school things brought in.
    Only it takes my longer to get over it than 5th grader.
    But I'll be ok soon.

Thanks again.

tp

JACarbone, Hogie, brit and 3 others like this.
  18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    You're missing Midnight Stag.

19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Get well soon, Terry.

JACarbone, Terry, brit and 2 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Hey Terry! Good to hear from you! I always say there is more than one way to skin, oops, I meant to shave a cool cat. My prep is not that entailed. I just wet my face and neck or I use the bloom water to do it. I mostly face lather, but I sometimes bowl lather. It depends on my mood. Thanks for checking in my friend.

JACarbone, Terry, brit and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.