SoS: August 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I might be able to shave by afternoon but, I am really trying to hold off till tomorrow for a better shave with the DX.

Hard! I really like my shaves!:char039:

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220831.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #371 Badger
    Razorock Black Hawk
    Feather Professional
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #371 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Razorock Black Hawk Razor and a Feather Professional Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Wednesday morning:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/new Wilkinson Sword
    De Vergulde Hand SS
    CutiBase Moisturizer
    De Vergulde Hand AS Spray
    Lagerfeld Classic EdT

Would you guys believe that this De Vergulde Hand soap is over 450 years old? Not the one I’m using but the company so I would say that in order to be around this long they must be doing something right. This soap is from The Netherlands and it has such a nice old school scent with some exotic notes, the lather is so easy to whip up - it’s thick, rich, cushiony, and protective although not too slick, but the skincare is pretty good. The CutiBase moisturizer did such a great job of soothing my skin, and the De Vergulde Hand aftershave has a lulu of a sting when you first apply it but then it feels great, it has the same beautiful scent as the soap but it moves out of the way when you apply a fragrance. I switched back to my Canadian Tech for the next couple of weeks because I kinda missed it - what an awesome BBS shave I had!

Enjoy your day - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

[​IMG]
    Modular Adjustable Razor System (MARS) with plate 6.
    Feather blade - snapped (3).
    Yaqi synthetic brush.
    Lakewood Soap Company Honeymash shave soap (sample).
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.
    Irish Chestnut by Andy Hilfiger.

Another great MARS shave. The Lakewood Soap is a great performer and the MARS took care of business. Three smooth drama free passes.

Take care everyone!

5. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Slim / Gillette Silver Blue
    Simpson T2
    Fine Accoutrements / Santal Absolut [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

6. brit

brit in a box

midweek
    4th gen aristocrat
    platinum
    ever-ready 100
    dg cygnus x-1

20220831_093249_edited.jpg

7. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

When I first started traditional WetShaving about 6 years ago someone kindly PIF’ed me this nice AVON STAGECOACH aftershave splash cologne. ​

05AA7D1E-1D61-4838-A684-378D68CCABAF.jpeg
    - Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

SOTD: 31/08/2022

Razor: Leaf Twig
    Blade: Rainbow , 1st use
    Brush: GBS Tuxedo
    Soap: Declaration Grooming Sellout
    Aftershave: Avon StageCoach

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

8. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

First shave with new razor

Lather: Dr Jon's Essentials unscented soap
    Brush: Ever Ready
    Razor: Simple Clean Shave SCS-Model A
    Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
    Cold water shave :Animatedfrozensmily:

This was my first shave with the SCS razor. I have seen reviews comparing it to the Henson, which I like (version 1 AL13 +).

This shave did not go as I expected. I have shaved several days with my Supply SE injector, which is quite mild and comfortable. This first shave with the SCS felt aggressive in comparison. I got a lot more blade feel than I was expecting. I did two passes and some cleanup and got a very close shave without any nicks or irritation. Maybe I will do a side-by-side comparison with the Henson using the same blade.

rsz_20220831_125319.jpg

9. brit

brit in a box

very cool brush.:cool:

MoAllen and Hembree like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Wednesday Aug31st 2022

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72- Mfg 2021 1st qtr, excellent mid range, well designed 316 stainless steel with excellent blade clamping and working under the nose area with no blade tap overhang. I always get stellar results mostly and a joy to use.
    Blade : Gillette silver Blue[​IMG](2) Sharp & Smoooth with reasonable longevity. #1 top tier for myself for a razor blade!
    Soap : Razorock American barber, has that barber shop scent that is 5-6/10 for a soap scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Red Zebra 26mm synthetic[​IMG], excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice luxury feel to the face when lathering.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock American barber AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a GSB blade.
    [​IMG]Have some great shaves!

11. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Thanks!

Hembree and brit like this.
  12. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The Filly 14s get all the attention but the 13s are wonderful razors as well. This one is always a pleasure to use :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
    T&H Grafton Shaving Cream
    Filarmonica 13P Novodur 6/8
    Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel

E588BB3E-C921-4E04-8E80-3184BF52EDF7.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

13. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

: SOTD :

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl : Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather : The Body Shop Maca root & Aloe shaving cream.
    Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D4)
    Razor: Parker Variant. (Settings) 2.5-wtg,2.5-xtg,3-atg+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

A wonderful performance from the Parker Variant/Feather Hi Stainless duo to finish my shaving week, and to start September off on a high note.

Without sounding as though I'm repeating myself i have a great fondness for all my parker razors, but the Variant is my favourite not because it's cost ,no for the simple reason, that this solidly made versatile adjustable razor has gave me consistently irritation-free silky smooth shaves with every shave I've had with it.

My appreciation for the efficient Feather Hi Stainless has grown immensely.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.