Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. brit

brit in a box

thursday
    brit valet vc3
    feather
    mr.ee
    custom 10098
    stirling

[​IMG]

Tdmsu, jimjo1031, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 7th September

RR Syn 24mm
    Williams Mug soap
    PAL Injectomatic
    NOS Schick Platinum- Holland ( 3 )
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Not done a Williams Wednesday for a while, just too much soap. An excellent lather for The PAL with a Dutch blade onboard ensured that the Shave went well and a superb finish was attained.

BE3F2F90-F44D-4663-8C48-B042F92FAFE0.jpeg

3. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 8th September
    Ever Ready 1907 - Gem Stainless Coated #5 - Speick Stick - Yaqi Moka Express - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

4. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Felt like a retro modern kind of day. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220908.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Palmolive Shaving Cream
    Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger
    Schick M Adjustable
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Florida Water

The Palmolive Shaving Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick M Adjustable and a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Florida Water. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, September 8th 2022

Razor : Gem Micromatic OC- Mfg 1930-41, excellent mid - mid upper range, well designed to last, first TTO mass produced razor in the world(4 years a head of Gillette) and has a rack and pinion mechanism to tighten the blade against the blade stops(genius design) and just a joy to use the 3 different main variants of Gem Micromatics.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock "Santa Maria del Fiore" nice vanilla & light tobacco scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Viper 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hair ends, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem MMOC + a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220909.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Palmolive Shaving Cream
    Schick M Adjustable
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Florida Water

The Palmolive Shaving Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick M Adjustable and a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Florida Water. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

8. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Somehow yesterday's shave and EDC picture got deleted. Here is a make up photo. I had a great shave with a Gem 1912 on a red bakelite handle. LA Toja whipped up well with my Rubber set 400 with Zenith baor knot. Thayer's was a nice finishing touch. The watch of the day was my Casio G-Shock GW-M5610 and the EDC knife was the Spyder Co. Para 3 with S30V blade.

IMG_20220909_142229_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

9. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

10th September 2022.

1.jpg

10. Electrif

Saturday 10th September
    Ever Ready 1907 - Gem Stainless Coated #6 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Alpha Outlaw - Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest"

Thank you Ma'am

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220910.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Palmolive Shaving Cream
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Florida Water

The Palmolive Shaving Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector and a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Florida Water. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220911.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Palmolive Shaving Cream
    Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Florida Water

The Palmolive Shaving Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Florida Water. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

13. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Clark Improved King w/Personna injector blade
    Razor is meant for a Gem style SE blade but it holds an injector blade perfectly. It also is a very deceptively aggressive shave. You feel the blade but not the burn until the end of shave. Easy to get yourself into trouble with this like I did using a heavy hand.
    ck.jpg

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, September 11th 2022

Razor : Schick E2 Canadian variant, Mfg in 1930's > 40's, excellent mid range, for a light razor a light touch works the best, Very enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE(9)very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice scent with excellent lather qualities. The scent is similar to Aramis cologne they claim. It has been so long since I used Aramis cologne I'm not sure but I like this scent. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations S.A for their line of soaps and fragrances.
    Brush : Yaqi mysterious space 24mm Timber wolf whiskers synthetic, excellent lather generator
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Witch hazel beard cleanse + Musketeer Rapier splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Schick E2 Canadian variant with a coated Personna blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

15. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Sunday 09.11.22
    RAZOR: ATT Aluminum SE1 Bamboo Handle
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: Oumo 01 Venus SHD Badger
    LATHER: Phoenix and Beau Albion Shaving Soap

16. GAW9576

Today's shave.

IMG_20220911_212558_(1099_x_1100_pixel).jpg

GoodShave, Tdmsu, jimjo1031 and 6 others like this.
  17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 11th September

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Claymore Evolution
    Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 6 }
    Tuff RedA/S Lotion

Out yesterday very early and had an an excellent Shave with The Evo. Today I was perhaps a bit complacent and rather rushed things, as a result the finish was rather below par.

EB0D09AA-A011-4FB4-AE6B-22514A6169C8.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  18. Electrif

Monday 12th September
    GEM Micromatic OC - Gem Stainless Coated #7 - OSP No8 Test v1 - Alpha T400 - OSP No8 Test v1 AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Tdmsu, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  19. GAW9576

I had a very pleasant touch up shave today with the Gem Peerless Bullet Pruf with Guiding Eye. The brush is a little Omega Boar with a modified the handle. I put on a splash of Aqua Velva aftershave lotion to finish things off. Today's watch is the G-Shock GW-M5610 and today's knife is the Spyder Co Para3

IMG_20220912_074517_(866_x_870_pixel).jpg

Tdmsu, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220912.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    Gem Flying Wing
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Flying Wing Razor and a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Tdmsu, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.