SoS: September 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by James Kleinkauf, Aug 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

2. Nem22

Nem22 Well-Known Member

3. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

ERA OC L5 Timeless Crown Handle
    Nacet Stainless (4)
    Ogallala Bay Rum Soap
    Semogue Boar
    Aloe Vera
    Clubman Bay Rum
    ERA.JPG

4. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Friday September 16, 2022
    Cold Water Shave
    Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Valley of Ashes
    Razor: Henson ++
    Blade: RK Stainless (1)
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Capture.JPG

5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Friday morning:

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 3
    Bundubeard Klipspringer’s Kick SS
    Prep ASB
    Alt Innsbruck AS Splash
    Acqua di Selva Cologne

How can I ignore my dear brother Jaco’s great soaps? His Klipspringer has such a lovely coffee/peppermint scent, it’s glycerine based with lots of thick, rich, slick, stable lather, it’s supposed to be the mildest of the mentholated soaps from Bundubeard but it’s NOT mild at all - in fact it gives more than enough chill to satisfy me, and it has an awesome postshave feeling. The Prep worked its own cooling, moisturizing, and soothing magic, and the Alt Innsbruck aftershave has such a gorgeous old school European scent that I love and my wife hates…….strangely enough Madame compliments and kisses me every friggin time I wear the Acqua di Selva cologne! Three passes gave me such a wonderful BBS shave that was lots of fun!

Enjoy the weekend - be well and safe![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220916.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    B-pure Shave Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    Gem Flying Wing
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Lustray Spice AS

The B-pure Shave Soap lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Flying Wing Razor and a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

7. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Fine Damaskeene shave today!

Razor - 1912 Damaskeene
    Blade - GEM Personna SS 6th shave
    Pre-shave - Proraso Blue
    Soap - TOBS "Mr Taylor's Shaving Cream"
    Brush - Simpson T2 Trafalgar
    Post - Thayers Toner "Rose Petal" & Geo F Trumper "Skin Food" Sandalwood
    AS - Pinaud Clubman "Whiskey Woods"

I had a very pleasant shave with the Damaskeene. 2-pass shave WTG & ATG. No cuts, nicks, or weepers. Alum bar was silent. VERY nice! No cleanup needed. TOBS is so rich and very nice! Easy to lather.

DSCN0012.JPG DSCN0018.JPG

8. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Fatboy / Polsilver Super Iridium
    Cravingshaving Synthetic
    Razorock /Mudder Focker [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Friday, Sept 16th
    Gillette New Improved 'Bostonian' w Nacet
    Oumo flattop boar/Rubberset 400 #3
    Castle Forbes Lime
    Shulton Old Spice Lime
    atereg.jpg
    I've been away from posting SOTD pics for quite some time. Inspired by my compatriot John @Screwtape posting again to pull out the Bostonian I acquired from him several years ago. Love the new to me OS Lime as well.

10. brit

brit in a box

awesome..:cool:

Yehuda D, Ursa, Ron R and 1 other person like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

saturday
    platinum
    wcs
    jeeves
    gentleman

20220916_092731_edited.jpg

12. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

Here my Wednesday Shave (14.09.2022)

904BB099-C2DC-472C-B894-307D422FF22D.jpeg
    Razor: RazoRock Lupo AL // Blade: Astra SP // Soap: Declaration Grooming Darkfall // Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 // Aftershave: Agua Brava

So…what to say? The Lupo Aluminum is a good razor, but the last touch of love is still missing. His big brother, my Lupo SS.95 is the complete opposite, love at first sight and shave. Don ´t get me wrong, it is a good shaving razor, gentle and thoroughly but especially against the grain it is scratchy and feels a bit rough. Not as sovereign as other razors.

The soap smells very very good and is a perfect match for autumn. Spicy, dark and but still breezy. Lather was like yoghurt and skincare was very good.

After three passes i used my alum block. Some decent stinging here and there, which shows that the razor is not as gentle as i hoped it would be.

Applied the wonderful smelling AS. Skincare here is top notch. The scent is longer lasting and is an all year round scent. Wonderful Lavender notes with some woodsy undertones. Great!!!

This is it for now.

Take your time, enjoy your shaves and stay safe and healthy.

Greetings
    Thorsten

13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here it is for Saturday(18th):

prep-Clubman Pinaud "Beard And Body"wash(in shower)
    shave-Razorock American Barber(Italian Shaving Soap)
    brush-Albion 1925(synthetic)
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE
    A.S.-Stephan Bay Rum*

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    This thread just had a niveau "bump". Great to see you, Jason and your shaves. :eatdrink047:

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SLANTemper, Friday, 2022

Razor : Yaqi slant, Mfg 2019> excellent slant[​IMG], aggressive range. This odd looking slant will give a person some of the best shaves of any slant made as long as a person goes steep angle(riding the bar) light touch and with a short handle the beard whiskers do not stand a chance at all. I have used this 6 times at least(recent purchase) and it is never going to be sold while I own it, a easy shave to master IMO. I also placed a blade shim under the primary working blade because of large blade reveal(not necessary?) adding some more blade exposure[​IMG].
    A few things to remember not to plunk on face at start or come in hot + ride the bar, I can not get a better shave IMO.
    Blade : Gillette silver blue(1) Sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent + excellent lather qualities. Triple milled and lasts a long time IMO.
    Brush : Yaqi Black marble 24mm Tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Ach Brito after shave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi slant with a GSB blade. Dolphin skin smooth, can not get closer shave then this IMO.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

16. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

New razors for the weekend! This Damaskeen is nicer than the first one I got. I may have to "gift" the other to somebody...

The Lather Catcher has quite the blade gap! I will have to be careful with this one.

DSCN0039.JPG DSCN0040.JPG

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Friday, September 16
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I am convinced that in most instances, not all, but most, lather failures are user error and the number one reason is not loading enough soap.
    The Prosecution rests, your Honor.

[​IMG]

18. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Member

SofD 09162022.jpg
    Slantember / Stirling September

Prep: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Gel Cleanser w/ Hyaluronic Acid (fragrance free) used w/ a Clarisonic Mia Men

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
    Razor: Rex Supply Co. Konsul Slant Adjustable

Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
    Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Tsuka

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ dry dock system
    Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
    Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Tsuka
    Finish: Stirling Soap Co. Tsuka EdT

I know I said my last shave with the Konsul was my last, but it wasn't. Today's shave will be the last. Fortunately for me I got to hold onto it longer than expected but will be sending it off today.

So, being that I like to feel some blade with this razor, I dialed it up to its max of 6.5 for the first pass. I know some might find this a bit excessive but what can I say? This razor is smooth, so a little blade feel is nice, in my opinion.

Pass two I dialed it down to 5 for my across the grain (outward) run then down to 4 for my across the grain (inward) pass. I mostly chose 4 because I find it smoothest for my against the grain passes on my neck.

Again, I'll say it... The Rex Supply Co. Konsul Slant Adjustable is a quality razor. It's got some weight, but the diamond grip is solid. This thing has a grip design that will not let the razor slip out of your hands. The head cuts real smoothly and I
    find it really fun to shave with.

I did some touching up at the end and achieved a sweet bbs shave.

I then finished things up with some newly acquired Stirling Soap Co. Tsuka aftershave and EdT. It has a bold, somewhat exotic scent profile. I wouldn't say it's for everyone but if you're into its notes, this stuff is great and shouldn't be missed! In case you're wondering, it's based on the original Hanae Mori.

All in all, I had a great shave today.

Shave on gentlemen but don't forget to respect the locals. ;)

19. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Saturday 09.17.22
    RAZOR: Yates 921-H Brushed Brass
    BLADE: Shark Super Stainless
    BRUSH: Butterscotch Opal 20mm SHD Boti 3 Band Finest
    LATHER: Noble Otter Firefighter Limited Edition Shave Soap
    POST: Noble Otter Firefighter Limited Edition Aftershave Splash

20. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Today's shave: Funday Friday

FACIAL SHAVE:
    Warm shower - face brush-washed with Yardley Shea Buttermilk soap
    Gillette Pre-War Tech with ball end handle
    Astra Superior Stainless blade - 1st shave
    Barbasol Ultra Extra Moisturizing gel
    RazoRock Snowman brush
    5:5:1 blend Barbasol Brisk/Vi-Jon "Brut"/Clubman VIBR aftershave

Being Funday Friday, on a lark I grabbed my old can of Barbasol Ultra gel and, for the first time ever, an Astra Superior Stainless blade. The results? Ultra surprising.

Methodology:
    Full face WTG; chin and neck XTG; full face ATG
    Shave quality: BBS! Easily the closest shave I've yet achieved with the Tech razor.
    Nicks, cuts, weepers, irritation: None.
    Razor burn: Just the slightest touch; aftershave stung lightly for a split second.
    Shave comfort: Exceptional! Nothing but buttery smooth, efficient shaving.

This shave--my first shave ever with an Astra SS blade--was one of the best DE shaves I've ever gotten. BRAVO!

MANSCAPE SHAVE:

I'll be rocking a basketball jersey for the next couple of days, and did some cleanup on my upper arms and shoulders. The Astra SP did a wonderful job, once I opened up the Slim to setting 6.

Gillette Slim (Code I3 - 1963) - setting 6
    Astra Superior Platinum blade - 3rd shave
    Williams Mug Soap - c. 2014
    RazoRock Snowman brush

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.