30 Day Rule/Focus; Sept 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Aug 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Ok, I broke down and made a small Stirling order because the Tsuka items were on sale and I happen to like the cologne scent. I also needed a new alum block.

Order summary

Product image Description
    [​IMG]
    1 Tsuka - 50ml Eau de Toilette
    [​IMG]
    1 Stirling Alum Block - 45g
    [​IMG]
    1 Tsuka - Aftershave Splash (2oz)
    [​IMG]
    1 Tsuka - Shave Soap (3oz)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    kjbarth, ewk, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  2. Trigger

I would say that is a Yabba "Dabo" Do shave Ken.

3. brit

brit in a box

very cool.:cool:

Hembree, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  4. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Here it is in on the map. I am near Bighamton. NY. It takes over a week to ship from there to here? TERRIBLE! It shipped on the 16th

My razors shipped from out west got here faster!

Clip.jpg

5. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

My order from Italian Barber will be here Monday.....faster from Canada than PA. 4 days from Canada & over a week from PA/NJ warehouse.

6. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Friday September 23 - Single-edge, Supply, Simpson's, Stirling September

Razor: Supply matte black 2.0 injector retrofitted with SE comb plate / Supply Black Label (3)
    Brush: Simpson's Chubby 2 Synthetic
    Soap: Stirling Scots Pine sheep

In honour of S for September, I copied my last two shaves, except I substituted my Simpson's synthetic brush for my Semogue.

My last shave was on Saturday, so I had a six day beard to shave.

I got the brush dampness right this time, and the lather was perfect for me. Which is very very easy to do with the Stirling mutton tallow soap.

I only needed one pass to get back to a DFS. However, I enjoyed the super slick face feel of the soap and the woodsy fall aroma of the Scots Pine scent so much that I went for a second pass anyway. One pass WTG everywhere, and the second XTG on my face and ATG on my neck left me with what I consider a BBS shave.

No nicks this time. The alum was a little warm in places though, and the Stirling splash stung a bit going on. The end result now, a few minutes later, is a face that feel absolutely great!

I am clean, refreshed and smell ready to head out into the Big Timber to do some Lumberjackin'.

Hope everyone has a good weekend leading into a great week!

kjbarth, ewk, GoodShave and 5 others like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

fine shave John.:cool:

8. Trigger

Thanks Gary. I think so. I only have Stirling Christmas Eve and Frankincense and Myrrh soaps for the cooler months ahead. Although, I use my lavender soaps year round, I needed a cologne or another fall scent to add to my den because my remaining soaps either lost their scent or didn't have much frag from the start.
    Also, I never had an EdT and since I like Stirling Tsuka (TSD LE 2019 Blood on Steel), then why not get it with the soap and aftershave.

Hembree, JACarbone and brit like this.
  9. Trigger

It shouldn't take a week. I have had orders from WCS (California), Stirling (Arkansas) and Maggard's (Michigan) and it took less than a week.

10. Trigger

Terrific shave John! I am a Stirling devotee and never had a bad experience with their soaps.

11. brit

brit in a box

absolutely.i like to match stuff up also.i have a couple of signature scents i wear,nothing worse than pit stick,shower soap,shampoo etc all having different scents at once..summer is usually citrus based and winter tobacco/leather/sandalwood scents.i should say hot weather or cool weather,as i do wear most stuff year round and it varies where i live.i do like green/pine scents on rainy spring/fall days.

12. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

It is due to UPS "Inovations" . I hate it when they ship like this! The USPS has really gotten bad. I have had things get to Syracus and then turn around and reverse direction adding several day to the shipping.
    It is a BIG reason I won't buy from Shave nation anymore. It has happened more than once. He is in Chicago area. Coming east has problems every time! One shipment got to Syracus and turned around and went back to Detroit before it turned back around. Now, a lot of times, they won't show where an item is. THIS is why the USPS is losing money.

I could drive to the store in 4 hours. It is near the Martin factory

13. brit

brit in a box

fun bike ride maybe..less stress..;)

Screwtape, Hogie, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

i would say 90% of my soaps/creams match or somewhat pair with one or more of my colognes or edt's:)

Screwtape, Hogie, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice Autumnal shave Ken.

16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Beautiful

Hogie, Trigger, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

I guess you should have rode your bike to NJ.

18. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice pickup Joe.

Trigger, Hembree and brit like this.
  19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

I ordered a new tub of Darkfall from Declaration Grooming on Tuesday from Michigan. Arrived this afternoon.

20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent shave John.

Screwtape, Hogie, Trigger and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.