SoS: October 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by awk-m4, Oct 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

Here my Sunday Shave (09.10.2022)

3387DEB0-A1F4-415E-8FE4-07549E6EA439.jpeg
    Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS .95 // Blade: Gillette Permasharp // Soap: Soap Commander Heritage // Brush: Shavemac 173 Synthetic // Aftershave: Bruno Banani Man

Another great shave. This Razor…man i love this Baby. It shaves so fantastic, is gentle, smooth to the touch, thoroughly and makes a lot of fun.

But you need the right blade for it. The Gillette Permasharp is FOR ME not the best one to use. Do not misunderstand…it is a good blade, but it feels not as sharp as other one such as the yellow Gillette 7 o ´clock, the Indian Gillette Wilkinson, Polsilver Super Iridium or my absolute best blade in this razor…the Gillette Bleue Extra.

The blade is gentle and forgiving shaves good but the last bit is missing.

The soap…oh Soap Commander…you did something magical here. Notes of caramalised Apples with ripe peaches in combination with some“Autumn touch“. Lovely. Fantastic lather.

After two passes i have been BBS and the spicy Aftershave matches with the season.

All in all a very good shave.

Take your time, enjoy your shaves and stay safe and healthy.

Greetings
    Thorsten

Gian, Ursa, jimjo1031 and 14 others like this.
  2. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Blackbird Ti OC
    Nachet Stainless Blade
    Stirling Soap Bay Rum Soap
    Maggard 2 Band
    Aloe Vera
    Stirling Soap Duke Aftershave
    Balckbird Ti OC.JPG

Gian, Ursa, jimjo1031 and 13 others like this.
  3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have Klar Kabinett somewhere in the house and yes, the scent is very nice. I’m not usually into rosy scented soaps but this and another one are exceptions. Me too, I never tried the Dusy but a friend of mine in Germany told me it was the replacement for the Klar when it was discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    ...and it's a "One-Tu" punch knockout for the win! :happy036:

jtspartan likes this.
  5. Yehuda D

Fabelhafte Rasur mein lieber!

6. Primotenore

Article Team
    Wait just a minute...I never knew that there was a "Grey Box" version of the Simpson Synthetic...
    :signs002::signs002::signs002::signs002::signs002::signs002:

jtspartan likes this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221009.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Red Sandalwood
    Jayaruh #371 Badger
    1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star LC
    Star Wedge
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Proraso Red Sandalwood Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher and the Star Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Gian, palmolive fox, Ursa and 13 others like this.
  8. Yehuda D

Sunday morning:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 12
    MSC Vintage Spice SS
    CutiBase Moisturizer
    MSC Vintage Spice AS Splash

No doubt about it - my brother Fernando really nailed it big time when he created this Vintage Spice soap and aftershave because the scent is an EXACT copy of the beloved Shulton Old Spice. Only a master of soaps and aftershaves can do it and Fernando is a Grand Master. The soap’s tallow formula gives the lather magnificent richness and slickness as well as soothing, gentle skincare. The CutiBase moisturizer is great as a balm and it’s unscented so it doesn’t damage that gorgeous Old Spice scent. The Vintage Spice aftershave is witch hazel based so there’s no burning or stinging from it and if I was blindfolded I would never be able to tell the difference between the Shulton Old Spice and this one - such a precious treasure. What a delightful three pass BBS shave!

Enjoy your Sunday - be well and safe![​IMG]

9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

You’re right, there isn’t. I replaced the awfully crooked label it came with. Our friend Bill sent me this older sticker.

Ursa, brit, Ron R and 1 other person like this.
  10. Primotenore

Article Team
    No more crooked label????
    :angry017:

Ursa, jtspartan, brit and 1 other person like this.
  11. Primotenore

Article Team
    Sunday, October 9
    [​IMG]
    Floris Elite~~Simpson 90th Anniversary Astor~~Gillette RFB/Voskhod~~Amouage Gold
    I am on the fence with this Floris soap. It's the new formula and the second tub I have used.
    The original scent was, to my nose, blech. The Elite is a VERY soapy scent. Meh.
    Good slickness and protection is what saves this product from being sold/piffed.
    The Gillette was outfitted with a second use Voskhod blade.
    Very smooth 'n sharp.
    Amouage Gold is one of my favorite stanks.

12. Joe Rouse

Joe Rouse Well-Known Member

SOTD 10-9-22
    Art of Shaving synthetic brush
    Gillette Red Tip
    Gillette Sputnik Blade
    Strike Gold “Ike” shave soap
    Finished off with PAA alum block and Nivea Soothing Aftershave Lotion

Today’s shave was not that great. I had forgotten about this Red Tip. I had tried to sell it and had set it aside but the sale fell through. I figured I would try it today. I think a primary reason for the poor shave was probably the lather. This brush is great for some soaps but it didn’t build a good lather with this one. The brush doesn’t have a lot of backbone and I suspect I probably would have had a better lather with a stiffer brush. I actually had to go back and reload for my third pass. I have had good experiences with Strike Gold soaps which I find very similar to Stirling. Other contributing factors were the blade (which I don’t think is as good as some others) and the fact that I hadn’t used the Red Tip in a while and forgot how aggressive it could be.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  13. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

14. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Blackland Dart / Nacet blade
    B&M Latha / Sandalwood
    AKA Brushworx / Maggards Synthetic [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, OCtober 9th, 2022

Razor : Schick injector E2 Canadian variant, Mfg 1930's, excellent mid range, very easy to manipulate around the face, very light razor(1 OZ), still needs light touch for best results + a joy to use. One of my favorite injector razors.
    Blade : Persona SS PTFE (9) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender[​IMG] (discontinued?) very nice masculine Lavender scent with excellent lather qualities. Hardly ever get nicks or weepers with my lavender soaps.
    Brush : Yaqi "Deep stones" boss knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Personna coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

16. brit

brit in a box

sunday
    new rfb
    platinum
    omega
    jeeves
    burberry

[​IMG]

palmolive fox, Ron R, Ursa and 12 others like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

monday
    platinum
    yaqi
    crown shaving co

[​IMG]

palmolive fox, Ron R, Ursa and 12 others like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here it is on Chris Columbus/Indigenous Day:

prep-AgadirMen "Hair And Body"in shower*
    shave-Razorock Soap(Tuscan Oud)
    brush-Stoylin "li'l brudder"
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE
    A.S.-Razorock(Tuscan Oud)

*t
    hat's right, I'll be shampooing with it, too. Agadir is "nuthin but Oud".

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  19. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Monday 10.10.22
    RAZOR: Gillette ’46 Milord
    BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdgeYellow
    BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 24mm G5C Synthetic
    LATHER: LEA Classic Shaving Cream

palmolive fox, Ron R, Ursa and 11 others like this.
  20. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

10/09/22 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Pré de Provence - Lime Zest Soap Bar
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Shave Chaser Artisan Shaving Soap - CK-6 Homage to the Iconic Classic Skin Bracer
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino - 24mm Roswell (grey) Hybrid Synth Brush
    The Ca Yuen Workshop - The Large "Kryptonite" Textured Wet Shaving Lathering Dish
    Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
    iKon X3 Slant Razor
    Astra Green Superior Platinum Blade - 1st Shave
    The Razor Company Gray Shaving Towel
    Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
    Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Shave Chaser Artisan Aftershave Homage to the Iconic Classic Skin Bracer!
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Awesome Sauce Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - Homage To A Classic Italian Barbershop Scent!
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Future Fiction Pomade - Epic Water Soluble Medium Hold Formula

D IMG_1862.jpeg

Gian, palmolive fox, Ron R and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.