Odd side effect

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Sara-s, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Glad to hear that you are doing well.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Sara-s like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks you all for the kind words. Just an update here. I had my yearly mammogram & something showed up that necessitated a biopsy. (This is a very unpleasant procedure, but the Xanax helped.)

Thankfully, they get the results to you quickly and it was benign. I feel like I can breath again.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  3. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're still doing OK.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Sara-s like this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Here is the latest. Another clear mammogram and I have lost about 8 pounds this year. Thanks to both of those factors, I am ready for my reconstructive surgery, on 12/1.
    To it it simply, I have lost a chunk of tissue from one side, so the 2 do not match. This makes me feel rather self conscious. So the goal of the surgery is to even the 2 sides up.

I am not the least bit shy about this topic. So if you have questions about my cancer or the reconstructive surgery, you may PM .

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Good news! You go, Sara!!

Sara-s and richgem like this.
  6. Gasman

Gasman Active Member

My wife is un matched from cancer. She has had 3 surgery's to get even but still not right. She will try once more then live with it as she is 66 now. It still bothers her. And i kinda understand. I just suport her

My best to you and hope things get even on the first try. My wife has been clear for almost 20 years now so her odds of having betten it is good.

wristwatchb, Sara-s and Enrico like this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Best of luck Sara! I'm glad to hear that everything is doing so well.

Sara-s likes this.
  8. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

May all go well with you.

Sara-s likes this.
  9. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Best wishes continuing forward, Sarah.

Sara-s likes this.
  10. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I have a friend in the same place and you are a great encouragement. I can't imagine the mix of emotions, especially being a guy. Thank you for being so open about a really tough subject.

Sara-s and wristwatchb like this.
  11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Wonderful news, Sara!

Sara-s likes this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thank you all for the kind words. The surgery is tomorrow.

13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Glad things are OK, and good luck on the surgery.

Sara-s likes this.
  14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Prayers for you today, Sara.

Sara-s likes this.
  15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Ditto!

wristwatchb likes this.
  16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Father, bless Sara with Your healing for a quick recovery, and the Doctors and nurses with Your skill and wisdom for a textbook procedure. All for Your glory, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Sara-s, wristwatchb and richgem like this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks for you prayers & kind words. I am More or less OK. There were no complication and (as far as I can tell) a good esthetic result. I am, of course VERY sore. That will pass, but it can’t pass soon enough. It’s hard to move around, as it hurts any time I change position (e.g. sitting to standing) and I had to wake my husband up to open a couple of prescription bottles.y

wristwatchb and richgem like this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Doing slightly better today, though still rather achy. Interestingly, my neck (which has arthritis and a bulging s disc) feels better than it has in months. Relief of back, neck & shoulder pain can happen with a breast reduction. In my case, they took some tissue out on the right side, to match it to the left, as well as giving the girls a lift.

What is actually done to reconstruct can vary a lot, depending on how much tissue a woman lost, how much she still has & what she actually wants.

lightcs1776 and wristwatchb like this.
  19. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Wow Sara, sorry to hear that you are ailing. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

lightcs1776 and Sara-s like this.
  20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks again. You have all been so kind. I am doing a bit better each day. I am healing well, and am now able to shower & wash my own hair. (I’ve got enough of it for 3 or 4 people, so this is a big deal.) I am still kind of achy & tire easily, but this is normal.

Medically, everything is fine, though it will just take quite a bit of time to heal fully.

lightcs1776, wristwatchb and richgem like this.