30 Day Rule/Focus; Dec 2022. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Nov 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Terrific start to the month Gary!

brit, Hembree and JACarbone like this.
  2. Trigger

OK, I decided to continue with shaving on a daily basis this month, however, I haven't decided this evening's setup.
    I will be using my DE shavers about 15 shaves and the rest will be a hodgepodge of my straights and shavettes. My schedule will be to just shave with my DE razors up to Dec 15 or 16 and then use my other razors thereafter.

Herm2502, Hembree, Hogie and 2 others like this.
  3. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Nope. He is good for at least a year now.

Hembree, Trigger, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  4. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Yes. I knew that I had to rebuild the axle on the wood splitter and now it really needs it! AS I was backing it into the garage, one wheel came right off with the hub still attached. The bearing came apart. Whoever built it, did not leave access to grease them. I already have an idea of how I will redo it. I have a couple torx head bolts that won't budge and will have to be chiseled off. Glad I got the wood done!

Hembree, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well. I meant a SPECIAL trip, about the anger situation. Or doyou think he'll calm down on his own?

Hembree, Trigger, Hogie and 1 other person like this.
  6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

6529E4B7-98BA-4F5A-B747-5E66815E7263.jpeg

DE Shave # 429 - Chris Cullen (Catie’s Bubbles) Birthday Shave

DE December

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: PAA Prismatic
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
    Brush: Leo Frilot ECWS 2018 Ghost Trails
    Lather: Catie’s Bubbles Vintage
    Aftershave: Catie’s Bubbles Vintage
    Additional Care:
    Omega Alum
    Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

Chilly morning but that did not stop me from having my usual iced water shave courtesy of the Dirty Bird Pottery brush scuttle.

I have not used the PAA Prismatic in a while. I t is an excellent performer. It is not as hefty as some of my other DEs, however, it sings beautifully and gets the job done.

The Leo Frilot ECWS Ghost Trails synthetic brush whipped up a nice lather enough for three passes and post shave application.

My face is super smooth as I get ready to venture out in the chilly elements to head to Home Depot (the missus wants me to paint the kitchen before Christmas)

Herm2502, GoodShave, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  7. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

He will calm down on his own. It would be nice to go to the vet tho...lots of pretty young things there! He would not be happy about the drive there tho....

8. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I have no idea what hubs the builder used but, they are not the type with a gland nut that you remove to get the hub off. They look to be a rear axle off a front wheel drive small car. The hub is part of a plate and looks to be pressed on with the bearing. There are 4 torx head bolts that I tried to get off but, they are rusted so bad that they are fussed on and need to be chiseled off. I will have a spindle welded onto the plate and buy a couple trailer type hubs. If I am lucky, I can re-use the wheels. Wheels are a couple of them temproary spares but, I have no idea what make they are. Fingers are crossed. Otherwise, I also have to buy wheels!

DSCN1778.JPG DSCN1779.JPG DSCN1780.JPG

Hembree, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  9. Trigger

Super shave Joe.

Hembree and JACarbone like this.
  10. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Belated birthday greetings Joe.:greet002: I hope you had a wonderful day. Yours- Barry.:eatdrink047:

Hembree, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe.

Hembree and Trigger like this.
  12. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Barry. Unfortunately, my birthday is a month and a half from now. The birthday that today’s shave references is the artisan of Caties Bubbles, Chris Cullen.

13. Trigger

Dec 1 SOTA

Good afternoon.

Assured for Men Razor by The Dollar Tree Store
    Assured for Men DE Blade (7)
    MrEE LE #10 Cashmere Brush
    Angora Soaps Midnight Lavender SS and AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: 23.5 hrs

20221201_164441.jpg

I decided to shave with my Dollar Tree DE razor to start the month. After Joe stated that he had some rust on his Dollar Tree razor, I decided to inspect mine. Indeed, I have some slight rust on the threads and inside threads of the handle. Well, I expect that this razor will not last me 5 years. I am not surprised and I am not concerned. The razor and blades cost me $1:34 so it still is a win for me.
    Anyway, it gave me a great shave. Of course, the soap was instrumental in my result.
    I sound like a broken record, but this soap is easy to lather and it's quite slick. The scent is phenomenal IMHO.
    Did 2 passes without touchups for an errorless BBS shave. There wasn't any alum feedback which I really like. Splashed on that matching aftershave and I was in heaven. Take care.

14. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I started out OK with my shave with the Slim this morning but, I got bit just under my nose and on my left jawline! Next time I use that razor, I will set it on 3 or 4. I may shave tomorrow. I had been letting it go for 3-4 days between shaves. I have my 1954 Gillette SS Flare at the ready and a Perma Sharp blade with 2 uses on it. I hope to get 4 shaves from that blade. It should be MUCH more pleasant. It has been a while since I got bit by a razor! LOL

I got lax and didn't pay attention and the razor growled and bit!

At least I am ready to hibernate for the winter now! I plan on using the warmer day this Saturday to work on getting that axle on the wood splitter apart. I got some neew cold chisels and hope it is not too much work! I plan to drill out the bolt studs and enlarge the holes for grade 5 bolts. I need that plate to take with me when I run to TSC to check out spindles. I may have to make shims to make them fit for welding in.

15. Trigger

Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me? Lol! Love your post, but there seems to be a disconnect because it doesn't fit my post. I am thinking you meant to reply to someone else. Just saying.

Hembree and Hogie like this.
  16. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Yes, I was talking to you! Just making a casual comment about my shave.
    Sorry.... I'll refrain from that in the future

JACarbone, Hembree and Trigger like this.
  17. Trigger

I was kidding with you Hogie.

Hogie, JACarbone and Hembree like this.
  18. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

[​IMG]
    Colibri (Hummingbird) with 1.30mm open comb plate.
    Razorock Thick Bar stainless steel handle.
    Astra SP blade (fresh).
    Shore Shave Cool Water Ribbon synthetic brush.
    Tabac shave soap.
    American Tobacco by Andy Hilfiger cologne.

Terrific Thursday shave even with a good weeper for some reason. :signs002: Tabac soap is an excellent performer.

Ain't that a purdy brush....I'm still on love with it. Thanks Joe.

I've got a couple of new razors on the way in. One should be here tomorrow a TRC (The Razor Company) all aluminum three piece and a Pearl Flexi adjustable.

I hope everyone is doing great! It is hard to believe it December already.

Herm2502, Paul Turner, Hogie and 3 others like this.
  19. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I'm in great company gentlemen!

Beautiful gear and shaves, guys.

20. Trigger

Wonderful shave Danny! That brush is just breathtaking!

Hembree and JACarbone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.